The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Helloooo, Mo said:
Hey, and the pineal gland is what helps us to communicate with or guides.
Yeah, apparently when Buddha had his moment of nirvana, or enlightenment, he was under a bodhi tree and the bo fruit is chocker-block with seratonin..there ya go! I want me some of them because eating turkey, bananas and walnuts all day's driving me walnuts! :lol: (Oh dear! Sorry!)

I do hope you are all good and very happy :D

Love, Pet XXX
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

That was cool Pet,

so if anyone knows where, we can find the fruit of the bodhi tree, without going to India,,,,,guess I'll have to start asking around the health food stores....
Bodhi products anyone???? I absolutely dislike the taste of walnuts, but I do get my banana a day....

blessings pet,,,

pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Morning Light
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All,

Peacock,
You are on your 222nd post. Just pulled in the drive from our trip with Bruce in southern Utah.... trip meter read exactly 888 miles as we pulled into the garage!

Petra,
That is very interesting to think about :scratch: Buddah and the Bodhi tree. My girlfriends son named his little boy Bodhi.... I Love that name!

Missed you'n Gai on the trip :wink: Bruce is a wonderful person genuine, hansome and funny! Both Lowell and I have picked up two of his saying 'Holy Crow' and 'Ae'... as in 'ya know' fer Americans. I wonder if Gai has a little grandson yet... anyone heard?

Gypsy,
I'll write more about your dilema, sounds a bit familiar to my situation a few years back... hang in there.. this too shall pass.

Oh and yeah! Where has Sandy gotten off to? :?:

Well, I am totally knackered!

Warm Hugs and Smiles to All !
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Mo,
and thanks, I thought that was pretty neat too. All this past week I've been getting 2:22, and I'm up at both times.....a couple of days in a row, then today they changed to 4:44 (this is unusual for me)

You do sound a bit knackered there dearie, hows about a cup of chai tea, laced with chocolcate,,,,some cream and maybe a few sprinkles...

There's some lovely coffee drinks floatin around here too....I think you have a pretty awesome selection....

anybody else out there, feel like a late evening refreshment???

I'm headin towards the kitchen.....

It's 10 pm, and I've just come home from an evening of cards with the 'local' ladies....(if there was a smiliy with it just bustin it's gut laughing I'd put it up at least 50 times. :roll , I honestly thought they were joking when I first started playing with them, and one lady said, well, we'll stop at 9 ,,,,then sometimes we decide to play just a couple of more hands...I was flabergasted, came home the first night wondering if it had been worth it to go out....but if I don't keep going out, I'll become a hermitess...

Yes, that's my rip roarin Sat nights now......tea and maybe one of those specialty fruit drinks,,,,,,,and munchies,,,,,,the munchy queen of the valley lives just around the corner....

I get home so early, that I can spend a couple of hrs on the computer....and not sure if that's a good thing, as I'm getting a stiff neck...actually, if I get one of those neck warmers out, the prone position is sounding better and better...but I'll be up in an hr or so to take our Samoyed - Echo - out for her 'last walk'.....and I'll see who's still sitting up around the fireplace....or the kitchen supper stove.....I'm going to bed, the UK, is getting up...and you in the AU are having tomorrows supper......

I think the cafe, just grew,,,,,maybe just expand with desserts first, special apple cake (apfel kuchen - sorry about the sp) for breakfast, some nice strawberrie or some berrie shortcake with cream for lunch....an incredible black forest cake for the evening meal......oh and we have to have some ice cream or sherberts for high tea.....and maybe some of those special rum balls to go with the late night refreshment...

That's it.......I'm stuffed....I'll have to take the dog for a walk.....

soon,,,,in a couple of hrs I'll catch up with you, for awhile....

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello all you dear people, :hithere

I have been around reading and keeping up with all of you here, and meaning to write but I knew I was so behind it was going to take a book to catch back up on what everyone has talked about. So I won't even try. I love all the stories...they are all so good! Something jumped out at me and made me smile with warm memories and it was something Jasper said:
I've never felt this wonderful again. It is a feeling I used to experience when I was a child, everyday waking up in the morning receiving the warm heat of the Sun in front of our window house. It is the same feeling I am experiencing now in my room, the Sun greets and wakes me up in the morning with his bright shine and soft warm heat in front of the window, saying hello and good morning to me.
Oh Jasper, that is exactly the way I always felt when I got up in the morning as a child. My bed sat right under the bedroom window which I loved! I could feel the cool night air blow across me in the summer as I listened to the sound of the whipperwhils (not sure about spelling on that one...) and watched the lightning bugs with their brilliant light show! Then I would wake up in the morning with the sun beating down on me and the sounds of birds and animals getting their breakfast and Mom in the kitchen... There was so much joy in my chubby little body as I greeted the new day! That's the way I want every day to be now...full of joy and the promise of new opportunities! It is a little harder as an adult isn't it? But that is what I strive toward..(Maybe strive sounds too hard....working towards) Because it is a work in progress.

George and I spent a lovely afternoon today on Seven Mile Beach. (We only made about one mile of it I think though!) It was one of those lovely warm spring-like days and as we walked along looking for shells and what-nots.. I noticed something...it seems that each beach we have visited has its own distinctive... stamp I guess. On this beach cuttlebones are rampant on others it might be lipets or oysters, scallops or other shells whose names escape me.... The discarded Pippi shells are plentiful at this beach too and we found the strangest shell. Not sure what it was, but it was a tan plaid. Strangest thing I have ever seen, beautiful though, and the find of the day! When we finally made it back to the car our arms were sore from the many cuttlebones we had collected! That should make cranky little Boyd happy for years to come.
Gypsy, I will think of you when we go to the airport next month. I am flying back to the U.S. for a visit with my family. Sounds like you have had a couple of rough months, Sis. Is your Mom still living with you or were you able to find a little place for her in public housing? Your new house sounds perfect for you...big and roomy enough for your growing family and friends. I am so pleased that you are still smoke free..all of you!!!! (George is still off the smokes too!) Anyway, when I get back from my visit with family in December, I plan on getting my Aussie drivers license and we'll do that meeting halfway thing, somewhere away from the heavy Sydney traffic. I would prefer you see me without my hair standing on end the first time you see me! :shock: :pale:
Mo, sounds like you all are having a grand time with Bruce! I'm sorry that Gai wasn't able to make it. I haven't heard if Gai's little grand baby has arrived yet. I still love that avatar pic of Gai, asleep with the grandbaby across her chest. She has often been in my thoughts lately, as well as her cousin Dani. Do you know how Dani is doing?

AquaDeb, thank you for the Australian link to ordering Ask and it was Given. I have checked it out and they have lots of great books at that site. I had a special tree growing up too. It was a mishapen yellow pine tree that had branches spaced in just the right places to make climbing easy for small legs. I could make it clear to the top where a strange little branch curved around much like a seat and I could sit comfortably for what seemed like hours (probably ten minutes in real time) and watch the world go by. I accumulated a lot of sticky pine sap on my shorts though, much to my Mom's dismay... (Tough cleaning...that pine sap!)

Oh November, I just love your new avatar! What a hoot! :lol: I thought of you tonight. (George was eating a bacon cheeseburger and it smelled so good I wanted to grab it and make a run for it...and I'm a vegetarian for heaven sake! :shock: ...Eggplant just doesn't quite make it sometimes!...Thought better of it though ... that George can move pretty fast when he wants too and he would have wanted too!

Well, this is probably long enough, just put everyone to sleep no doubt. Keep eating those wonderful bananas, walnuts, bodhi fruits (and all who aren't vegetarians the turkey) Oh and PP I can't think of Chai tea without thinking of you! I love your idea of what is good food!
Whaa whoo! :cheers: Bring on the desserts and the stretch pants! :bana:

Hugs and love for all of you, :kiss:
Sandy
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Well Hello thar Everyone :cheers:

PP,
Thanks for that excellent bit of Chai Tea the sprinkles were an extra special touch :wink: Tomorrow, I will meeting with my own group of ladies, dunno what she's got in store for us :) We take turns, between the four of us, each one leads the group that month. We haven't seen each other since we finished up the pole dancing class. Onwards and Upwards though.

Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to consciously create when things are going well in our lives :mrgreen: Not that my life isn't going well... I just haven't created my dream job... oh I have the retirement, health, vacation and sick leave benefits, good pay that will increase over the next two years. I'll have the month of October off, was supposed to have Oct. Nov. Dec... off, but they are tryin something new this year :roll: Anyhoo, I feel that I did pretty well in creating those aspects of my job... it's the work that I don't enjoy... sitting at a desk, in a cubicle, feeling isolated, staring at a computer, matching money amounts to complicated tax returns! Booorring!!! :tongue: I am thinking about taking a computer job, apparently it is alot more physical, on your feet all day, lifting some heavy stuff here and there.... but it is team work... open spaces... I'm confused on what I want to do :scratch: Sorry to bore you all, but that's the stuff I'm dealing with right now. I've got to replace my belief 'that if I have a job that pays well and offers benefits' I will have to forego creativity, fun and passion for my work.... Okay, I'll shut it on that topic for now....

Here's a good'ol iced coffee recipe for yaz!

Shaken Espresso
2 shots double-strength freshly brewed espresso
1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
2 teaspoons superfine sugar or almond or hazelnut flavored syrup
crushed ice

In a small pitcher, stir together the espresso, half and half and sugar, until well blended. Fill two tall glasses with crushed ice and divide the expresso mixture evenly between them. Cover and shake well. Sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top and serve.

Gypsy,
When my mom was ill, it seemed that everyone who could help, disappeared into the woodwork. I have a sister who struggles with drug and alcohol addictions and another who suffers with severe depression.. anyhoo. For a while it was all up to me... in many ways it was the best thing that could have happened to me, my mother and I healed our relationship and became very close friends... on the other hand... it was the most overwhelming and challenging time of my life. Trying to keep up a family and stay with my mother... I finally came to a place where I could not take it anymore... I prayed that a solution would present itself that would be a win, win for everyone. A few hours later, my sister called to tell me that she and her family were going to move in with mom and take care of her... you see... her husband lost his job and they were having to file bankruptcy... my mom needed them and they needed my mom. They took good care of her and as you might remember, she died last December.... Here's my advice, for what it is worth, don't be afraid to ask for help. Be honest with yourself and your mother about what you can handle and what you cannot. Keep her responsible for her own life and figuring out what she can do for herself, by all means, if you can find some housing for her... hopefully there are programs out there that can help her... Don't try to take it all on... take time out for yourself!

Sandy,
I love the name of those shells... cuddle bones.. I will have to ask my daughter to show them to me. I tried to call Gai, no answer, maybe she's at the hospital eh? Yeah, she's got to be the sweetest grannie alive! I know that Dani's mother died recently... it was very sad for all concerned... Gai went to visit her and comfort her... what a blessing to have a friend like Gai!

I am glad that you live so close to the ocean, I can't think of any force in nature that I find more calming than the ebb and flow of the ocean waves, the smell of sea and salty air and summer breezes 8)

Sounds like we've got some tree people here :wink: God sure blessed us with some beauties eh?

Hope you walk with the dog was enjoyable PP. I Love those Rum Balls!

Hugs and Sunshine all Around! :sunny:
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Mo,
Glad you enjoyed the Chai,,,I'd love to try the espresso, but it would kill my stomach, just the thought of it, has pain associated with it....I guess I could substitute chocolate....
I've got to replace my belief 'that if I have a job that pays well and offers benefits' I will have to forego creativity, fun and passion for my work....
Yep, you're right you know. change it to: I will create a job that I am passionate about, is creative, fun, pays well, and offers benefits... then see what happens,,,,,,maybe you can get passionately creative, moving things around without hurting yourself..... hee hee... sorry about that...

Yes, Mo, these doggie walks are enjoyable,,,,but I remember when we were looking for property, I lived in a camper in a friends huge back yard,which wasn't fenced,,and got converted to horse corrals, but I had the camper, and a huge two room tent, with 6 extra large dog crates in it......Frosty stayed in the camper with me, and the other six, had their crates at night. during the day, when I wasn't out looking at property, they'd get tied up to huge fir and cedar trees, and I'd walk them up and down an access road for exercise, two at a time....we had 3 - 7 month old pups at the time, so I'd often take the three together, I'd have a brace for two of them, like two collars that joined together, then attached to the lead. I forget how many pounds I lost, in two months, but it was great.... I walked them all, at least 4 times a day.....

so no more long walks like that, cut's down on the chai tea rum ball consumption.......oh well, good memories...

Thanks for jogging the memory lane on trees, when I was under 10, and in my hometown, we had a little park really close to home - like just down the block,,,,all along the street side, there were these huge trees with park benches between, remember the old ones that had cement ends with wood inbetween.....well, we could walk along the top of one park bench, grab onto a branch, swing up into the tree, walk through the tree and down to the next park bench......it's one of my favourite memories.

Then one year, on my summer trip home, the tree tops were cut off, OH tear my hear apart......now they're, short stumps, which sprouted all new shoots of course, but they'll never be the same.....of course, neither will I,

Have a good visit Sandy,,,,,where abouts will you be in the US??

love, pp
Daily Affirmation:
ChildofGod
Family

Post by ChildofGod »

:D Wow I just watched one part "The Secret" on YouTube and I have to say it's pretty amazing!!
I'm not going into details....but two years ago I changed the way I treated somebody (I changed my feelings and thoughts) and now I am not consumed by it anymore and I feel freer. It does work indeed!!

Liz
Let us reclaim our crowns 👑 as Children of the most high and sit on our throwns in the Kingdom of Heaven 🪽 😇
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Hello Everyone!

It's been such a busy summer and I've had hardly anytime to look at the board, but have just caught up with this thread (phew) and it's sooo uplifting. You are all just the loveliest people with the warmest hearts.

I am going out this week to see if I can find a copy of 'Ask and it shall be given' in my local bookstore, I just found a book token folded up in my purse that I had forgotten all about! Ha ha love that when that happens!
Have you ever put on an old jacket and found money?? That always feels like a gift from heaven.

I was really writing to ask if anyone had any thoughts on immunisations for children? We decided not to give Lily anymore immunisations after she developed excema at 3 months old, and I did some research and found that some people blame the increase in allergies and excema on the overloading of childrens immune system with vaccs. Lily is allergic to milk, eggs, cats ( and who knows what else she may develop one to)Anyway she's two now, and it's been on my mind again. I'm wondering whether we've done the right thing (not having MMR and a new meningitis one). Most of me says that childhood illnesses are part of natures design and that if we are fit and healthy than kids should sail through them , but part of me succumbs to the government teaching that I am putting my child at risk if she doesn't have them.
It's tough for parents isn't it!?? I guess if Lily had not developed eczema and allergies I wouldn't have thought twice, but she did and I want to do what's best for her.
So I've asked God for guidance in making the right decision and asked him to make it clear which way is right for her. So I thought I'd ask you guys, because I've certainly found many answers on this MB before now....

Hope you don't think this is too much off topic, but could do with any thoughts and advice.

Much Love,
Nicola xxx
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Nicola,
It is so nice to see your smiling face on this thread. I am sorry to hear that Lily's developed allergies and eczema. I really have no experience at all in this area..no medical training whatsoever, but I do remember a conversation with a nurse whose little girl attended the preschool where I worked. She had decide not to give her daughter the, at the time, rather new immunization for chicken pox because she did not feel that enough research had been performed on it and she was concerned that the imunization would not protect her daughter for life..but instead would make her vulnerable and at risk at a time in her adult life when there was a chance she could be an expectant Mommy herself. (Chicken pox can cause birth defects in an unborn child and adults seem to have a much harder time with it than do the children.) It would have been a tough decision and I used to cringe when I heard the mothers say that they purposely exposed their children to chicken pox simply as a convenience, you know, get it overwith before their children started school. You see, when I was young my best friend's little brother, who was only two, died from complications associated with chicken pox. It is rare I think but I cannot imagine the grief and guilt a parent might experience in a similar situation after purposely exposing their child to the nasty disease.
My brother could not be given the small pox vacination as a child because of eczema. I think they used a weakened but live vacine at the time and they were concerned that his skin condition might put him at risk for actually developing the disease. I'm not sure that immunization is given anymore....
I know I have sort of jumped around the question you asked:
I was really writing to ask if anyone had any thoughts on immunisations for children? We decided not to give Lily anymore immunisations after she developed excema at 3 months old, and I did some research and found that some people blame the increase in allergies and excema on the overloading of childrens immune system with vaccs.....
... So I've asked God for guidance in making the right decision and asked him to make it clear which way is right for her. So I thought I'd ask you guys, because I've certainly found many answers on this MB before now....
I guess because of my own experience with a child dying from a childhood illness, I would not risk it. I grew up in a time where we did contract measles and mumps..don't know much about rubella. There was a strain going around called German measles that was blamed for children born with birth defects at that time. So with a daughter you also have to take into consideration the possible risks to her and any unborn child. It is a tough call and as you so aptly said.."tough to be a parent at times. Remember, I am just going from my own experiences so perhaps we will hear from someone with real medical knowledge on this subject. Hope so! Anyway Nicola, You are a loving mother and no matter what you decide to do, the decision will be made with love and Lily's best interest in mind I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Much love to you,
Sandy
Sorry, I wish I could have been of more help.
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Hi Nicola,

I also don't know much about immunizations but I have heard opinions that the newer vaccines they are giving kids are what is causing the rise in autisism. This based on the practice of combining something like 3 of the main vaccines into one vaccine and using mercury to get them to stick together. Don't quote me on the specifics but the story was something of that nature. In any event, once they started using this multi vaccine autisism rose and I believe that Canada and Europe stopped using it and started to see a drop in autisism but the States I think still are. That being said I believe the mother has the right to ask that each vaccine be given individually but you have to know to ask. I think there are probably risks no matter what you do. It is impossible to guarentee total safty in this world. But I think the more you educate yourself the more you will be better at making an informed decision so I guess what I am suggesting is to get online and do tons of research. I'm sure there is a lot out there. Way the pros and cons and do whatever feels in your heart to be the best move.

Sincerely,
Michelle
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Hi Sandy and Michelle,

Thanks for your thoughts. Part of the problem, Michelle, is the internet. The reason I abstained from the MMR and the new meningitis one, was because of all the research I had done. Unfortunately the info is conflicting, so i can never be completely sure I am doing the right thing. Certainly the government has tried to quash the autism link by discrediting the author of the report, but unfortunately if you look just a little bit on the internet you will find other more similar trials in other countries that also point to a link between the MMR and autism.
I think the problem is the overloading of vaccines like you say, at 2 months old Lily was given a 5 in 1 shot !!! It was then that she got the eczema. It could be coincidence, but research suggests maybe otherwise.
But then it's all maybe's and that's the problem.
I guess it's a no win situation.
I may give them to her and simply cross my fingers! How awful is that!?
But Sandy, like you said if she contracts menigitis or german measles later in life when pregnant, I would NEVER forgive myself if I could have prevented it.

Well, if anyone else has any opinions I'd really welcome them still. I'm totally open to listening to your views, and it's all good to talk about these things I think.

Love to you all, and speak soon.

Nicola xx
Ooh I've got some lovely pics from my holiday in Italy, I'll try and see if I can upload one for my avi!
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Nicolaco,,
Well, I'm no expert in this area at all, having no children, but listening alot to the conflicts I've heard about vaccines....

About the only positive side I can think of regarding vaccines, is that in the long run, they help to erradicate the disease....

I don't think they are really concerned about the few who either die as a result of the vaccine, or some secondary effects.....I think, they are looking at a much bigger picture....

however, that bigger picture, doesn't take into consideration the pain and loss that parents go through, when the worst happens...

I have heard of alot of people (within the last 10 yrs) refusing to do the vaccinations,,,,,,really alot of people are opposed to them....

so it unfortunately ends up being personal choice....and as you say looking down the road at the other possibilities.....

I don't know if when I was a child that mercury was part of the vaccine, but I shudder to think of what they will use, while promoting better health..

The other thing is that, how can you guarantee, that you or your child is never going to be in an environment where this disease runs it's course.

If there are vaccines to prevent chicken pox, then why is there always a breakout, every year in schools.....

and the flu shots are another 'false leader',,,,,the first year I ever got the flu shot, because I had had a couple of bouts with bronchitis and it was highly recommended. I got so sick, I really thought I was going to die.
then I found out, well the flu shot only protects you from a couple of types of flu, all the rest that bombard us, we have no protection anyway.
needless to say, I stopped with the flu shots,
and,,,,,the more I got into my energy work, the less and less have I been sick......

Ask and It is Given gets into the health issue, but not till a little later on, but I do believe sickness is allowed, we actually permit it into our lives, and it shouldn't be, so we have to learn our vibrational 'power' to be preventative....

Ask and it is Given isn't just about learning to manifest,,,whatever we want, it's a method that teaches us how to keep positive, and to 'not allow' the negative vibrations that create dis-ease....

gees sorry guys,,,,I'll try to keep that for the Ask thread,,,,but it just seems to pop into everywhere....

Sandy, I just remembered you mentioning a nurse, that was taking care of wingsy,,,,,,,,,,why don't you do some brainpicking,,,see if you can get some leads as to where we can look for vaccine info,,,,,pros and cons.

just an idea???

love and light
pp
Daily Affirmation:
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Thanks PP!
i will HAVE to get that book!! Keep meaning to and forgetting, and then fortunately I am reminded whenever I go on this site. I wonder how the idea of preventing disease works in children though, who I'm sure don't manifest it themselves?
Anyway I also wanted to share some exciting news with you all, my dear friends.

I am pregnant!!

I have just found out, so it's very early days, but i've never been very good at keeping secrets!

All this vaccine discussion is especially pertinent I suppose, because I will have to make decisions all over again with the new baby....

Lily is already excited about the baby growing inside mummy's tummy, but is quite sure that she wants a boy to play with, although I feel pretty sure it's a another girl.

I'm pretty sure Lily was the reason I started getting the prompts ( they started a year before I got pregnant) and when I found this site, and read the FAQS, I got a massive tingly, powerful feeling (you know the sort) when I read the bit about being prompted as parents of important children.
I have been inundated with prompts in the last few days, especially my personal 53 one, which I see practically every hour. I'm sure it must be the personal code of a guide, telling me they're looking out for me at this time. It feels that way anyway.

Anyway, it is an honour to be able to share my news with you. I'm full of love and joy at the moment, so am sending you all a massive cyber hug, and sending out my love into the wind.

Nicola xxxxxx
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Nicolaco writes:
Anyway I also wanted to share some exciting news with you all, my dear friends.

I am pregnant!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

:baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby

:)
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Nicola,

Yes, congratulations from me too!

Michelle
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone,

Nicola, congratulations! How wonderful a new baby! :cheers: ( I could never keep great news like that to myself either. I was so excited I would tell anybody who would listen. :D ) Thanks for allowing us to share in your joy as well!

Hi PP, I was just reading about you walking your, (was it six large dogs? :shock: ) four times a day! Makes me exhausted just thinking about it! I hope they were well mannered and trained so that they didn't pull on the leashes? It would take a bit of arm strength to handle large dogs like that unless they were I would think. When I stayed with my parents I walked their little terrior mix up and down what I call a mountain but in actuality it was really just a small hill twice a day sometimes. I huffed and puffed in the beginning but the little darling eventually whipped me into shape and I wound up being able to keep up with her bouncy little pace. I will probably have to go through the same workout again as that is where I am heading in about a month now. I am heading for the U.S. state of Tennessee and then on to Ohio to visit my children.
I enjoyed imagining you swinging from bench to bench by the boughs of a tree. I have some very similar memories, in fact, when I really think about it trees were a big part of my growing up. I have always had, I guess you could call it, an affinity for trees. One of my favorite trees in this country (Australia) is the strangler fig. They are a somewhat tall tree, but what amazes me the most is the width of their huge canopy combined with their enormous trunk girth. A picture just cannot do them justice. A whole herd of cattle, or a homestead can easily find shade and shelter under their umbrella shaped foliage. It makes me happy just thinking about them....Yep, I am definitely a tree person.

Hey Mo, I am so sorry to hear that Dani's Mother passed away. I am glad that Gai was there for her. She would be a great friend to be in your corner when you needed comfort and inspiration. When you speak with her will you please give her my love. She is special and very precious to many of us here.
Have you given any more thought to the possible change of job? I can see you working very well in a team type atmosphere because of your great respect for others. I didn't realize your current job kept you so isolated. I guess in "Sandy land" I always pictured you in a "one on one" with people helping them with their tax woes, face to face and making their problems dissappear with the wave of your hand. :lol: Okay, so it is a little more complicated and a little less personal than I imagined. I still bet you excel at what you do! By the way, thanks for the iced coffee recipe. I plan on trying it. Today would have been a good day for it. It felt almost like summer outside instead of the last day of winter.

Hello Child of God! :hithere , Forgiveness feels wonderful doesn't it? About five years ago I felt very betrayed by people I had grown to love and respect for many years. Seemed for almost a year I was eaten alive by my own anger and bitterness to the point it was practically poisoning my every thought. When I finally released the unhappiness and forgave these people... my love for them came flooding back and such joy again. Just like you, I felt such a feeling of freedom and clarity! It helped to open doors into other areas of my spiritual life and I have never looked back.

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the information about the rise in autism possibly related to vacines. These are all things we need to research because they affect all of us..our children and grandchildren. Did you ever see the movie, 'The Boy Who Could Fly'? I remember watching it with my children many years ago now. It was the first time I had thought much or even heard much about autissm. (The main character had autissm) I have always appreciated your thoughtful comments and advice and you are so right in this area. We should all educate ourselves in health areas that are so pertinate to ourselves and our familys.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning, afternoon or evening!
Love to all you guys out there!
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hello everyone...

Nicolaco,,,,,yes,,,,many many happy hugs and congratulations ,,,,take good care of yourself, and we all know you will,,,,have a wonderful 'growing/glowing' time.....

Sandy, yes my dogs were although called 'medium' sized, there were Samoyeds, dog sledders,,,,the big white fluffy ones, with the tail that curves over their backs

I had 4 adults Frosty (MOM) Bear (her mate, but not Dad of all), Amy and Sally, who happened to be of their breeding.... Frosty and Bear were the ones who would drag me the most, they took me for the walk....

then there were JR, Buddy,and Bonnie at 7 months old, I used to show them,,,,so we did alot of walking,,, but I had to keep up to their pace as when they were in the ring, the judge had to see how they 'moved'...

I really should have picked smaller ones. The grooming was horrendous, although they all loved to get up on the table, we built steps and they'd go up themselves.....I saved undercoat from each of them...

If you all are wondering why I was so crazy, well, allan was away at sea alot, so it gave me something to do.....
one year he was away 6 months, so I decided I'd spend the weekends dog showing....I had a Nissan truck, groom dogs all week,,,,full bath, load the truck, Frosty rode in the front, and the other 4 in crates in the back....that's when I was showing three 6 month old pups, Prince, Gemma, and Opal......drive to the mainland (ferry trip included), set up, show the dogs and go back home sunday night, work all week (part time), wash everything, dogs get another bath, pack them up and go to another show for the weekend.....(that was 10 yrs ago)

Everyone thought I was absolutely crazy, but I always said, well I could spend the weekend in the bar,,,,so which was better...

So now I'm down to the last female out of Frosty's last litter, an era is passing.....it's so errie though, as Echo looks sooo much like frosty, (which is why I gave her the call name Echo),,,, and she's now 11, has the run of the house, she's the smallest of all the sammy's we ever had, and she loves to be as close to a lap dog as she can get, None of the others ever were,,,,too hot, she doesn't care, she want's the cuddles...

since I never had any children, these guys were our kids, so I go on about them just about as much as any proud parent. sorry guys, will try to contain it.....well abit anyway....

Tennessee, the land of the horses, well in my mind anyway, don't know why,,,,,rolling green hills,,,,,do I have the wrong impression, I've never been there or Ohio either.... I do think I've seen pictures of the AU strangler fig trees though,,,,,pretty awesome....

Aw, it's time for a tea,,,,but think I'll just do plain today.....the sun has disappeared just in time for our Labour day weekend, so all the campers will have such a lovely time out. :x in the rain....

talk to ya all, later...
pp
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi all,
was trying to change my av to one of me and prince sitting out on the love seat swing,,,,but I can't get it small enough, and can't remember how I got the head shot reduced....anyway, he's sitting up beside me, and he's taller than me and takes up more than half the swing.
Will keep trying...and since we've lost our good weather,,,,again, I thought I'd go back to my old one, sailing, that at least reminds me of nice sunny days.
pp
Daily Affirmation:
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Hi Peacockplumme,

Well it is indeed a nice warm sunny picture. I like it.

Michelle
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Hi PP

I don't know if it might be of any use to you, but I use a webpage called

www.shrinkpictures.com

It does all the re-sizing and cropping necessary to make avatars.

Nicola xx
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

thank you darlins,
I'll give the 'shrink' a try, ha ha ha,,,
pp
Daily Affirmation:
jacqueline
New Friend

Post by jacqueline »

Congratulations Nicolaco!

May you both have a wonderful pregnancy.

:sunflower: :bana: :bike:
Eternal Light & Love
Jacqueline
Spirit Seeker
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Thank you Nicolaco,

I'm hanging on to you, your smart....

It only took a few trys....so now I can show you my 'boy', He was a Canadian Champion at 11 mo old....

take care sweetie, think happy thoughts.....sing to your new little one.

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi PP,

What a beauty your boy Prince is! I can see why he is was a champion! The lady next to him isn't too bad either! :wink: :lol: Maybe I'll attempt some changes to my avie with that site that Nicola recommended too....

Love,
Sandy