Addictions

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Addictions

Post by Geoff »

This article is mind blowing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-ha ... 06936.html

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Addictions

Post by Welles »

Thank you so much for that, Geoff. Reframing the story of social problems with real understanding is so vital to creating world advances. This is a brilliant bit of work.

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks from me too, Geoff. We have someone in our lives facing addiction and I found this article extremely helpful.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

Thanks for posting this Mr. Geoff

I saw this article on my phone as one of the top headlines and I even felt a pull to read it. But I ignored it. Somehow I find it again on this message board so I had to read it. I couldn't agree more with this quote from the article "If we can't connect with each other, we will connect with anything we can find". I've always thought that's why people could easily get into drugs and bad habits.
I like to think if you feel welcomed by peoples habits then you want to stay with that habit that makes you 'feel good and welcomed'. If you see this group that welcomes you becoming ostracized, then you in turn want to go against the group doing the ostracizing and indulge in this habit even more, because others are going against the group that makes you feel good and welcomed. It makes you a stronger 'addict'. The sad part is, their is not much needed to become welcomed by these groups of addicts as they themselves are looking for means to connect as well and they see it through drugs/bad habits. Most I've seen are willing to share drugs/bad habits for free, because they desire to connect-- if not, a little money will solve that issue, just to make it worse.

I really liked reading this article. What's your opinion on it Geoff? if you don't mind sharing.. and anyone else reading these words. I'm curious to know what all you guys think of the subject really

:mrgreen: Zach
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Zachary wrote:
I really liked reading this article. What's your opinion on it Geoff? if you don't mind sharing.. and anyone else reading these words. I'm curious to know what all you guys think of the subject really

Hi Zach,

I thought it awesome. But I don't think it actually "proves" that there are no chemical hooks to drugs. Simply that if we are isolated, these become overwhelming.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

I still think there is a chemical side of addiction after reading the article. I agree with it doesn't "prove" there are no chemical addictions. We are existing in electro/chemical bodies after all

Thanks for the reply Geoff

"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA