The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Maria L
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Maria L »

:kiss: to all of you!
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Thanks Heather,

That was pretty neat!!!

love pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Dear Ones LUV2,

PP, thanks again for your kind and wise words about mine and Ron's lightworker function involving the Gallery.
PP wrote:...eventually the negative ones at the gallery will 'fall away' or change,,,,,and of course as we know,,,it takes alot to first even recognize that it's themselves that have to change or leave....that's just the thing about the times we are living in....the negative side of things is 'losing it's grip' and 'fighting mad' about it.....hence all the ego conflicts....
Yes, I agree, and that is the process that seems to be underway involving the Gallery, though it's taking a roundabout path at present. The latest update today is that the co-founder has declared unequivocally, in response to more questioning from remaining members, as quoted in an email we received today, "Somebody has to be in charge here and it's me. The buck stops here. I am in charge. Of everything." :roll: (Sandy, we did have a Gallery contract that everyone signed with guidelines about how decisions are made democratically by vote, etc., but the co-founder completely overrode and disregarded it. :shock: Also, it's not clear if she ever actually signed one either, since, at the beginning at least, she was just the co-founder but not one of the artists. (Very ironic; at the beginning she stated that everyone needs to treat each other with respect and so on, the same stuff we all believe in :roll:) Hence, she is unwilling to budge at all, and her shadow remains incorrigible at this stage of her development :duh, though it is perhaps in the beginning of "losing its grip" and "fighting mad about it," as you said, PP but not yet ready to "even recognize that it's herself that has to change...," as you wisely put it.

Consequently, one more person has now quit, and the one Ron's been communicating with via email also says she'll now quit for good this time, at the end of the month if not sooner. Plus, our ally the treasurer is now also quitting and reimbursing anyone that's already paid June dues. She was really the central atom among the positive folks there, and playing the primary organizing and leadership role, so with her gone, I imagine that whoever's still remaining will likely leave too, and the Gallery will now come to an end, unless there's anyone left who's content to put up with the co-founder running and deciding everything.

At least it seems we did have a healing, growth-producing effect on some there who were receptive to it, and perhaps planted some seeds for others, plus the whole thing was quite a growth opportunity for each of us as well -- it is in fact what got me started doing art again after 20-some years, so, for all its difficulties, it has also been a great gift! :colors: Like you so wisely said, Sandy, each of us, by working on ourselves as we are, and sharing our spiritual light with others, changes the world in this Correcting Time one step at a time! :happy

Based on our experiences at the Gallery, along with a few other brief conversations we've had at times with other folks living in this area, though stunning natural beauty abounds here (as you can see in all the redwood photos), there seems to be a negative, distrustful, "expecting-the-worst" vibe generally among many of the people here -- when we've made kind or helpful comments to strangers here at times, their first reaction is negative, immediately misunderstanding and assuming we're insulting or threatening them. For example, a couple months back, there was a small fire burning in the yard of the house across the river from us. Ron called across the river to them, trying to be helpful, "Is everything all right over there?," just in case someone needed to call the fire department. Turns out it was actually a controlled burn, and the guy in the yard, completely misunderstanding Ron's motive, and yelled back, "Yeah, go ahead and call the cops if you want to, but I've got a f*&^ing permit!" :roll:

We've seen this kind of behavior on other occasions in this area as well. Plus, the authoritarian co-founder of the Gallery is also the vice president of the local chamber of commerce here. :shock: :roll: So, we've decided that no matter how stunning the natural beauty of the surroundings, we just don't want to live in an area with this kind of pervasive negative vibe. :(

It's funny, we lived in Boulder, Colorado, a college town and a center of higher consciousness where everyone is always growing and learning and generally far more positive and conscious than most folks around here appear to be, for so long that I had forgotten that not everywhere we went would be the same way! :roll: :lol: Since then, though I am so glad we got out of the semi-arid desert and the winter snow of the Denver/Boulder area back to my beautiful verdant native California :colors:, I now realize that at the same time, there were many things I valued about Boulder that I had entirely taken for granted. :roll:

Our one-year lease on this place is up and goes to month-to-month beginning on July 1st, so we've been seriously considering, for a few months now (and this Gallery stuff may be the clincher! :roll:), moving a couple of hours south, down to Santa Cruz on the coast, which is also a college town (with the nickname, "Surf City" :lol:), and a center of higher consciousness, though maybe about half the size of Boulder (which I thought of as relatively rural and a small town when we lived there, which I guess it is when compared to Denver an hour south, but its nowhere near as rural as the areas we've lived since leaving there :shock:). From many folks who've lived in and/or visited both places, they consider Santa Cruz to be "just like Boulder, only with an ocean," the best of all worlds. Plus, we wouldn't have to give up the redwoods either :D -- from what we can gather so far, Santa Cruz is also surrounded by lots of mountains (another similarity with Boulder), as well as lots of redwoods, similar to here. The mountains are higher than where we are right now, however, so the trick, for our current preferences, would be to find a place that's at least somewhat in the mountains and redwoods and out of the in-town hubbub, but not so far up that it snows and is too far away from conveniences like good health-food stores and such. :D

Interestingly enough, a few weeks ago, I was thinking about how handy it would be to have a Santa Cruz phone books as part of researching the area, so I did a google search online for "Santa Cruz phone book," and, amazingly enough, I found an ad on Craig's List (a now nation-wide website here in America with free classified ads of all sorts, which originated in, and is very popular and active in, the San Francisco bay area) that a college student had put there just three hours earlier that day for a free brand-new 2008 Santa Cruz phone book, of all things! :shock: :D That really felt like an affirmative sign, and like I was receiving Divine help there :happy, so I quickly emailed the guy, and it turned out I was the first person to answer the ad, and he was willing to mail me the phone book provided I reimbursed him for the shipping cost, which I did, so now we've already got a phone book for the area! :colors: We may take a short trip down there before too long to check out the area and begin looking around for a new place. :D We've been thinking so far that we may try to move there around September or so. So we'll just see what evolves... :D
PP wrote:now how did you just happen to create a 'little web site',,,,I find that's so incredibly 'smart' of you....I need to do one,,,and honestly I'm just at a loss....perhaps I'll pm you and get some advice on it...if you don't mind...
It seemed like a good idea, and I was able to do it relatively quickly due to my experience with it through previous jobs, projects, etc. Yes, feel free to PM me for advice if you wish -- Nowadays, more and more, there's a lot of software available, and lots of online companies that make it pretty easy and accessible to create one's own website as well. :D

I look foward to seeing pictures of your resident cedars when you get around to taking and posting some! :D

Thanks for that great power-animal information on hawks from Ted Andrews. That's very interesting and apropos about the hawks being attacked. I agree, it makes complete sense for a member of the hawk clan to have showed up during all this! :D

I agree with Sandy, feel free to talk about your upcoming trip to your heart's content; we won't dunk you! :lol:

Good luck with the "Battle of the Nettles!" Sounds like you may need a physical suit of armor like the spiritual one you were recommending to Heather! :lol:
I promised myself,,,that if the only thread I can do,,,,it's this one,,,
That's my approach too, and it often turns out that this is the only one I can do, much of the time! :roll: :lol:

I agree, there is such abundant creativity in this group! What a great idea to paint a little rock village for your garden -- you go girl! :colors:

Lilly, it sounds like you're continuing to process through some old emotions and letting them go. As I said on Liz' love thread, I sat on the dryer and looked out the little laundry-room window down the hill into the redwood forest, and thought of all my connections to everyone here and everywhere around the world, including all of you, and cried, a mixture of mourning the passing of the old and rejoicing in and appreciating the abundant positive connections in my life. I'm so thankful for this 11:11 community, and the fact that I can remain connected even if we're contemplating moving again, and no matter where we physically reside. :happy :colors:
Lilly wrote:Finishing the painting made my day.....this is my heart's desire and I love it....
Hurray! :colors: Congratulations on finishing your painting! Doing art is my heart's desire too, and I love it too! :colors: :colors: :colors:

You're quite welcome about the tree-hug! :D

Sandy, thanks for your kind words about my website! :D I hope your runaway Boyd is doing well too!

I'm glad to hear that Geoff is indeed off on an exotic vacation, and I add in my prayers for him and Janet to have a safe journey. :D

Sandy and Heather, I can understand about the driver's license thing -- I'll admit that even after a year, I am still frightened of driving on this narrow winding one-lane, two-way road along the steep side of a hill that our house is on (where, if you meet someone coming the other way, one person has to back up :shock:)! I avoid doing it often, and just let Ron drive most of the time. :roll: I'll also admit that I'm scared to drive on the traffic-jammed San Francisco bay-area freeways -- the drivers seem amazingly agressive by Colorado standards :shock: -- but then again, when our friend from New York City came out here, flew into San Francisco and rented a car, she said it was nothing compare to New York City drivers! :lol:

Heather, I'm glad to hear that you're being so happily welcomed back to your job! :D

Thanks for the links on ospreys, that's all very interesting! How cool that the osprey is Nova Scotia's provincial bird! :D On the first link, I see from the small picture of the osprey head in the upper right corner of the page that some of them do indeed have a black "mohawk-like" stripe across the top of their head -- now I'm pretty certain the bird I saw was indeed an osprey! :D I'll definitely have to do an osprey power shield before long! :colors:

November, thanks so much! :kiss: I put the power shield in the mail today, and have also donated a portion of the proceeds to our wonderful 11:11 Progress Group! :colors: :colors: :colors:

Maria, :kiss: to you too! :D

Okay, that's enough for tonight -- it's nearly 1am here already! :shock: :lol:

Love to you all LUV2,
Aqua Deb
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi AquaDeb,
Sounds like a good idea to move away from there.....I wonder what the redwood trees think about those negative vibes.....they probably help process some of the negative stuff...... :roll: Some of the most appalling things go on in beautiful places......In one day you may see something shocking and then an hour later something endearing which touches your heart.... I wonder sometimes why circumstances seem to just arrive on our doorsteps, so to speak, we have attracted them......eeek! If you move.......will it follow you.....have you looked carefully at where you are moving to......Could another venue be worked out for you to sell your work from......or on-line.... Sometimes we move to escape something and then there it is again.......I know you are very much aware of this, so I think you'll work through it before deciding to go.
When I've been crying lately I've felt the same mixture of feelings. Also thoughts of ...hurry up and move through this....blah, blah, blah, you should be over this by know.......Then I think to myself.....this is my process and noone else knows the whole picture and have no right to comment as I did to spearsma.....and then said sorry.
.....Do these people in the gallery mirror something in the past?.......parents....etc..... spoiling your peacefulness......ruining things. Just a thought. You are a beautiful person and I hope everything goes well for you. Sorry I've raved on .......
Love lilly xxxxx :loves LUV2 :kiss:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

Hello anyone, :) ,
Today i heard two ladies talking about a "New novel called The Secret". Well upon hearing this i asked about it and i was told it's about "Angels and stuff". I am a bit confused because i've noticed people on this site and Gypsie's thread are talking about a fim called The Secret.
I am thinking of going out and buying the book tomorrow but does anyone know if the Film/DVD and the book are related? They told me it's a thick book with a cover similar to The Da Vinci Code.
They told me they don't know of a film called The Secret. :?
Anyway has anyone read the book? Thanks everyone. :)
Castanboa
Busy Bee

Post by Castanboa »

Sinner, I haven't read the book or seen the movie.... but I vaguely remember hearing about The Secret as part of Oprah's book club. Everyone seemed to love it.

Just this week, as far as the movie is concerned, my meditation teacher (creative visualization, really) talked about The Secret the film..... how it was literally about "the secret" having to do with the Law of Attraction... he commented that while it was great as a means to excite people and prompt them to look inward a bit, it actually failed to mention what the secret was! ha! :lol:

Also, I found this clip on youtube, which I believe is related to the film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phL0RLKL8bc

The clip is actually quite moving and empowering!
And for the first time
I feel as though I am reborn
In my mind
Recast as child and mystic sage
Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi sinner,
I'm going to watch the Secret right now after reading your post. There is a book which is exactly the same message and author, also a gratitude journal as well. Have a great night day. Hello to your lovely partner. :kiss:
Love lilly xx
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

Good stuff lilly and castanboa. I will go buy the book tomorrow. :D
Last edited by sinner on Sat May 24, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Sinner, you're not allowed in the womens club... get out.... :roll: :) I am on the door tonight, how did ya sneak in...?

:roll:

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
lilly

Post by lilly »

Aww, Sarah please let him in, his energy is contagious and so welcome here......haha Can he have a special pass......Lol
Love lilly xxxx :lol:
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

I never liked this club anyway. hufff.
:lol:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Come back...sinner....... :roll: don't be too hasty.....we need some male energy around here..... :cry: It would be lovely to have George drop in for a cup of tea or coffee..... Geoff, Greg, Geraint, Nick come on guys.....we won't bite. Lol Kettle's on....... :lol: :kiss:
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Oh gosh, i was joking.... Sinner come back in ..... :D

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Castanboa
Busy Bee

Post by Castanboa »

i just came back from an unintended visit to the bookstore, and..... lo and behold, what book should be the first i see upon entering the bookstore? :scratch:

the secret of course! at 330 pesos! :roll: :lol:
And for the first time
I feel as though I am reborn
In my mind
Recast as child and mystic sage
Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love
lilly

Post by lilly »

It's a great book.....condenses a lot of information into an easy to understand reference. Easy on the brain......some books just make me feel so tired with endless info which could just be said in plain dialogue.....some things do need a lot of high technical explanations.....but this stuff revealed in The Secret is fantastic and everyone can understand it......simplicity.... It's great that you found it.
Love lilly xxxxxx
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Good day everyone....

Oh Oh Oh,,,,I just lost my long post.....serves me right,,,

I was really bantering it about....

so I guess I'll have to can that one....and I had gone all the way back to Aqua Deb's post .....

Well,,,,I certainly can't replace that,,,it's now 1:28 a.m.

so since I'm first in the door today....I'm serving....

Coffee, chai, tea herbal tea???? no booze allowed,,,,not this early in the am anyway....have to wait till the sun goes over the yard arm before I get my first tot....

that's the ole navy girl comin out in me....can't hack the stuff now :lol:

I previously got into my old song and dance about The Secret...and will try to curb it this time...(probably why I lost it :shock: )

Suffice it to say to Sinner,,,,,I'm glad you got an introduction to it,,,especially if you've never heard of it before....

however i have to agree with Castanboa's meditation teacher
he commented that while it was great as a means to excite people and prompt them to look inward a bit, it actually failed to mention what the secret was! ha!
you'll find exactly what the secret is,,,,by reading Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks who Channeled Abraham....and it WAS,,,what the Secret was based on.....

although many have written about the Law of Attraction,,,,I've never seen a detailed formula on 'how to do it' other than in the Ask book...

we started a thread about last aug/sep on Ask And It Is Given,,,,you might find it interesting...

Sarah, you can't kick anyone out if you were sleeping on the job and didn't see them come in... :lol: :lol: :lol:

so for not being observant,,,the next time you come on the thread you have to take over the serving..... :wink: :wink:

Aqua Deb,,,,man I wrote alot to you,,,,really ticks me off to have lost all that....but I'll make an attempt....

I think I asked you to 'follow your intuition' on the move bit....I think it's wise to remove yourself from the lions den,,,especially if the door is open....

we all need to be in a comfortable place and sometimes all you can do is remove yourself from the negativity.....as everyone seems to be doing from the gallery.....many people have gone through that type of transition....I've heard it's part of personal ascension....when it comes to the point of recognizing the negativity,,,,one has to finally make a choice..

I'm sure you and Ron will make the best decision for yourselves,,,and I really like the phone book synchronicity.....

The classes I spoke of taking,,,,have finally transformed into becoming our local "Spiritual Connections Academy" this was 2 yrs in the manifesting....and now we have a growing membership of practitioners, who will use the centre/Academy to teach, to learn and to practise our individual gifts.......my contribution is the availability of Tranquility Base, as a retreat for the practitioners,,,,,a healing place for the healers...
also I will be putting on classes,,,,and taking classes....we have all kinds of healers, mediums and teachers,,,,so it's really going to 'bloom'...

I had a long chat with MeMawLaura tonight....she's been snowed under,,with company and catching whatever virus' kids bring in...she say's hello,,,sends her love ,,, and will be here soon...

I hope you can see my little cousin sitting in the middle of my new avi...
he's about 8 yrs old there,,,,we had to lift him over our heads for him to crawl up there,,,,the tree he's sitting on is about 6 ft wide,,,and the one behind him is more like 10 ft wide....I should have stood beside the tree he's sitting on,,,it was over my head....

it was taken in an old growth forest in a provincial park called Cathedral Grove,,,,almost in the middle of the island,,,,you have to go through it to get to the west coast if you're travelling to Long Beach....it's awesome...

Glad to see some new faces in our coffee house,,,,
everyone is welcome,,,,,,although it might feel like that lions den I mentioned,,,,we're really all just a bunch of loving puppies...

well my dear friends,,,it's now after 2 am....and time for me to shut the coffee house down.....next one on can take over the serving....
think I have to battle the nettle today and get some other jobs done... instead of all this funnin....

love to you all
pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lilly i was only kidding last night. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You probably knew that, but just in case. :lol: You girls kill me. :D
Hi Castanboa, wow, but actually, hmmm....
Amazing that before all this i would have thought, Angels? Prompts? Synchronicities? Lights? Feathers? That's crazy!
Now it's at the stage where i am surprised if i have a day "without" a prompt. It's the best thing ever happened to me. I have a feeling of true inner peace and strength to handle anything that comes my way. Best feeling ever!
I write short stories in my spare time and i am on my computer a lot. I enjoy clicking in here, during "writer's block" (ie: every half hour :lol:) to check up on all the latest prompts. Plus i don't have to spellcheck! Which is a pleasant break.
"....and just like that he was gone again." :lol:
SheraX
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by SheraX »

(Welcome on the links) :)
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

sinner wrote:
I write short stories in my spare time and i am on my computer a lot. I enjoy clicking in here, during "writer's block" (ie: every half hour ) to check up on all the latest prompts.
Good morning sinner,

I bet meditation helps rid of that "writer's block" :D Good luck with the writing !

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

Thanks Anne :D
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hello Sinner,
Aaaaah ,,,,so you're serving today.....since this is the second day, you came on first,,,you're welcome to join in with the duties also...

it is a tradition of the coffee house you know,,,that first one in serves.

(I forget when I started that tradition,,,but we occasionally have fun with it)

So you're on for today,,,,you might be surprised at some of the 'orders' you'll get today,,,,

please make mine just chai today,,,no extra chocolate in it....just a little whipped cream on top with a couple of sprinkles...

but there's always the 'remission' of writer's block,,,,just remember to catch up when you come back,,,

Good morning Lilly,,,,and it is a very early morning for you right now isn't it....it's only Sat noon for me,,,,,so something like 5 am for you....but I know you're one of those early birds....

my brain is abuzz this am with creative ideas,,,,plans that have been waiting on the sidelines,,,,,,growing silently,,,,so my planner is buzy this am....and catching up on my journal,,,, 3 weeks of blank looking at me,,and I guess one just to take the 'time' and at least put in highlights... and a couple of dreams....that I think mean something,,,,I will see them come to light within the next month I'm sure.

So now I have to get to work,,,with making new business cards to include the Academy and do some flyers for the members...

Have a nice day everyone,,,Sandy, AquaDeb,,,Gyypsie, Memawlaura, Sarah, Anne, Lilly, Glo, Heather, Maria, Sinner, Castanboa,

I think that's all whose been on in the last couple of days,,,but if I missed anyone,,,,helllooooo.....

I know we all hold each other in our hearts,,,,our light is definitely getting larger and stronger....

love to all...
pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Maria L
Family

Post by Maria L »

Hello everybody!
I have just learned that we have venomous spiders here in the south. :shock: ...and gigantic flying cockroaches, wild hogs and run-away dogs outside the house. This is a zoo. :cat: :pig: :albino: :elephant: :monkey:
Coming from the relatively cold Scandinavia :viking: this will be someting to adapt to...

I use to spend parts of my summers at the west coast arcipelago, which is different in many ways.

Here are two links (english) to my earthly heavens in Bohuslän,

http://www.vastsverige.com/templates/de ... _2447.aspx
http://www.kosteroarna.com/eng.htm

Sandy, poor you! I also have thin veins and it is always bloody and messy at the annual physical check-ups. It is good to know you had George at your side. :D

Slang is part of the culture. Please use it! I am a fast learner...

pp
peacockplume wrote:I know we all hold each other in our hearts,,,,our light is definitely getting larger and stronger....

love to all...
a :kiss: to you too

I bet the little cousin loves to be in that cathedral forrest.

Sinner, since you are serving, I want a tripple cafe au lait, and a double fudge brownie. Please!
And, be careful what you wish for/visualize. I needed money, badly, some years ago and saw my self finding money on the street. Next morning I found a wallet with 6.500 danish kroner (lot of money) and a ATM card with the pin code attached on the back. Since I could not keep what was not mine, it took me a day and a half to find the right owner. Needless to say, that man was very happy. :wink:

Love to all of you
Maria
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Coffee coming up.
Maria, hi, did i wish/visualise something? Or was that comment for someone else? :D
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Maria,

Just checking out your links,,,,if I ever get to Sweden I'd like to go on the
Viking longship Vidfamne...the picture of it looked so neat!!!!

I grew up on both of the coasts of Canada,,,,both vastly different from each other,,,,but like all 'sea' ports,,,,,tons of fish...

My little cousin sitting on that tree is from Ontario,,,we were just on a road trip that day,,,,and went through the Cathedral Grove...

Keep an eye out for those venemous bugs down there,,,,

Hope you have another good manifestation experience,,,only it not belonging to anyone else but you....what you need will come to you,,I'm sure... vision a cheque coming in the mail or an already paid for plane ticket for you both...

Hugs pp
xoxo

Sinner,,,,I see you got Maria's order in....do you mind refilling my chai???
Daily Affirmation:
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

It would be a pleasure :)