You will be shocked...

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

You will be shocked...

Post by I-AM »

Find 14 minutes of your precious time and watch this video. A symphony of nuclear destruction. Between 1945 and 1998 the mankind performed 2053 nuclear explosions.

The video shows a time lapse of these events. Except for the two Japanese cities, those were all nuclear tests conducted as part of developing nuclear weapons, the majority of them under ground.

You can see months and years passing by and each country is assigned a different tone. The video ends in 1998 but we all know that since then North Korea did some tests as well.

A pure horror to watch. I never knew British used Australia for this messy business... :duh
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: You will be shocked...

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Wow.. I was actually in the middle of listening to a song called "Nuclear Seasons" when I clicked to this thread. Also got a "222" prompt from one of the counts as I was watching this video. Call me a hippy but I am personally a believer in universal disarmament.

I have to wonder about the quality and extent of radiation and other damages caused by both the land and water tests.

And this isn't even including the damage from mistakes and mishaps with nuclear energy such as Chernobyl and Fukushima! Mankind sure knows how to drop the ball on taking care of its own home..

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by overmind »

I just couldn't help myself...

overmind

Post by overmind »

In all seriousness, I was surprised by how many nuclear tests the French were doing. Also found it strange that the UK performed tests inside the US and Russia's test were spread out across Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It's interesting you should post this, Robert. I just saw it a couple days ago on my son's face book page. I was shocked and horrified just as you said, and never dreamed we would subject our earth to that much nuclear fall-out for what!... developing a weapon it has been proven we should never use! :shock: :cry:

It makes me so mad!!!! grrrr

I'm with you Lucky and hear hear to disarmament!!!... although I am not holding my breath. There will need to be a certain amount of trust and friendship in the world that isn't there yet...But that is our job eh? And we will keep working on it!

Overmind, it has been some time since I was treated to Weird Al. :lol: Love it! Thank you!

(((((hugs))))) from Australia to all you beloved "hippies! :kiss:
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Weird Al was my favorite music artist when I was a kid, I have most of his CD's.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

My two boys enjoyed his music too. His videos are great! LOL
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

I remember as if it was today. The moment I learned about the nuclear threat to our planet.

I was about 12 years old, I was in our kitchen talking to my mum. I was inquiring and she was explaining to me that people had enough nuclear weapons to destroy the earth ten times all over.

I then asked her if we would be dead too if there was a nuclear war and she said yes.

I went to my room and I just could not bear the heaviness of the situation. The fear. The ever present fear.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

I can't beleive we actually used them in Japan on real people, got to be the worst crime ever.. hey i also watched this programme a few weeks back i was shcked to hear that, i think it was just before the first or second world war, england and the united states were preparing for a major war between each other, i forgot what stopped it.. imagine that, something to do with squabbling over canada.... :)

much love

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

nasra1996 wrote:I can't beleive we actually used them in Japan on real people, got to be the worst crime ever.. hey i also watched this programme a few weeks back i was shcked to hear that, i think it was just before the first or second world war, england and the united states were preparing for a major war between each other, i forgot what stopped it.. imagine that, something to do with squabbling over canada.... :)

much love

Sarah
Sarah,

I know that there were some disputes over some islands near Seattle. British claimed the ownership of them but lost arbitration and eventually withdrew. That was the last hostile military act between the two nations. Long before there were nuclear weapons available.

Robert
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I am shamed to say, I never heard of that Sarah and Robert! :shock:
XX Sandy
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Canada has been known to conduct, for a long time now, both offensive and defensive measures, particularly known for engaging Russia and many European nations. When will the world open its eyes to this savage hockey warfare?

:roll :lol: :roll :lol:

Love
Lucky
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

It was called a Pig War... :bana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Ha ha ha too funny, pig and potato war ? :scratch: :pig:

perhaps thats the one :)

"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:) Ah Ha!!! Now I understand the title of the John Candy movie ( who was a Canadian) 'Canadian Bacon' !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Bacon
Sandy
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Thanks Sandy, thanks a lot. That movie also has Alan Alda in it, which now makes me crave my fill of both M*AS*H* and the overwhelmingly irresistible treat that is peameal bacon!!!

:bana:

Love
Lucky

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks are coming right back "atcha" Lucky! Now I'll be hearing the theme song of mash in my head all day! :mrgreen: :roll :love
What a great sit com though...funny but it had real bite. Some of the best actors and writers on the planet as well... (at the time anyway)
XXSandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Now this is INSANELY scary!!!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... -20-years/

Remember all those cold war movies where nuclear missile crews are frantically dialing in the secret codes sent by the White House to launch nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles? Well, for two decades, all the Minuteman nuclear missiles in the US used the same eight-digit numeric passcode to enable their warheads: 00000000.

And:

And while Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara directly oversaw the installation of PALs on the US-based ICBM arsenal, US Strategic Command generals almost immediately had the PAL codes all reset to 00000000 to ensure that the missiles were ready for use regardless of whether the president was available to give authorization.

It is a miracle that we avoided a nuclear war. A true miracle! The Divine Lady Compassion must have acted.........
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I am shocked and appalled and then grateful that human kind is still around today to be shocked and appalled!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
XX Sandy