Beautiful autumn of 2013 in pictures

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

Beautiful autumn of 2013 in pictures

Post by I-AM »

Hello!

We are having such a splendid autumn here. One would not believe. Spent a few days in the village of my forefathers and took many, many shots.

Enjoy a selection of few... :hithere

Robert

LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Beautiful autumn of 2013 in pictures

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Well hello Robert :)

The camera quality of these photos is excellent, and they are absolutely, stunningly beautiful. I am not a very partial person but I would have to say I definitely have a particular fondness for the season of Autumn!

I really love when, as can be seen clearly in your photos, there are still a whole bunch of green trees among the ones going red, orange, and yellow, I find it just adds that much more to the view.

Lastly, I hope this isn't a silly question but those last two photos are of burs, right??

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

They are just gorgeous, Robert. Any number of those I could see hanging on someone's wall! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your little corner of the world with us again. Your photos are priceless.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

LurkerAbyss wrote:Lastly, I hope this isn't a silly question but those last two photos are of burs, right??
Hello, Lucky. They are dead thistles. The region where these photos were taken had a few below zero Celsius nights in early October, meaning some plants gave up.

When alive, they look like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thistle
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy wrote:They are just gorgeous, Robert. Any number of those I could see hanging on someone's wall! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your little corner of the world with us again. Your photos are priceless.
Love,
Sandy
Sandy, if you are still in the US, you should be getting same stuff all around you... :hithere
jennyrasico
New Friend

Post by jennyrasico »

These are beautiful! Where were they taken? With the steep slopes and trees they almost look like the Ozarks where I live :)
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

jennyrasico wrote:These are beautiful! Where were they taken? With the steep slopes and trees they almost look like the Ozarks where I live :)
This is across the pond. Central Europe. Carpathian Mountains.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I was treated to some beautiful autumn views and you may find this hard to believe, but even a little bit of snow! :bana: When I said a little bit I am not a kidding...it was melted by noon, but not before I took a long walk and made mental memories to take back home with me. (I arrived back in Australia yesterday..truly battling jet lag and unusual for me, a chest cold. :roll: )
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy wrote:I was treated to some beautiful autumn views and you may find this hard to believe, but even a little bit of snow! :bana: When I said a little bit I am not a kidding...it was melted by noon, but not before I took a long walk and made mental memories to take back home with me. (I arrived back in Australia yesterday..truly battling jet lag and unusual for me, a chest cold. :roll: )
XX Sandy
Sandy!

I am happy to hear you are safely back in the land of expensive... :hithere

I know it was snowing in the northern US while you were there. Saw the footage on TV.

Robert