David Icke anyone?

Discussions of spiritual books
Vigilant1
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

David Icke anyone?

Post by Vigilant1 »

Anyone famililar with David Icke and his books, I read his book recently ...... and the truth shall set you free, and am currently reading his book, I am me I am free (the robots guide to freedom)
overmind

Re: David Icke anyone?

Post by overmind »

I've never read his books, but I've seen one of his long presentations (over 2 hours I think). As much as I love the guy, he doesn't know quite as much as he thinks he does, but I guess that's true for most of us. He understands how the Illuminati is structured, but he does make errors. I would focus more on his observations of current events instead of his poor understanding of history. His theories are a little too wild for my taste.
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Hallo Vigilant!

No, I'm afraid I've never read any of his work, what do you think of it? Feel free to tell us about it!

With Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
Vigilant1
New Friend

Post by Vigilant1 »

I have learned a lot from his books in regards to opening the mind, and his concept of religions and the dogma that it imposes on us, and have to say that after reading his books my mind is open. I have to agree that he does seem to know a lot about the structuring of the illuminati, and can say that I can buy into, but some of his theories are a bit far out there for me too. However, I am not sure at times if that is my mind closing down, and thinking, Okay this is just too far fetched to believe, or this is really OUT there, and can't be correct.
I was brought up very strong pentecostal, so the fact that I am even reading his books, and opening my mind as much as I have is a big leap, so I often catch myself thinking, okay, is this me shutting down, or is this just nonsense!!
sammy

Post by sammy »

Hi Vigilant1! :hithere
You wrote:
Okay this is just too far fetched to believe, or this is really OUT there, and can't be correct.
I was brought up very strong pentecostal, so the fact that I am even reading his books, and opening my mind as much as I have is a big leap, so I often catch myself thinking, okay, is this me shutting down, or is this just nonsense!!
I think it's all part of learning and spiritual growth...discerning the truth. I was brought up Catholic, with a little dose of Jehovah's Witness on the side; I had never heard of the term "metaphysics" prior to 5 or 6 years ago. I HAD to open myself to other possibilities when my 12 year old started seeing auras and having prophetic type dreams. There are almost as many opinions out there as there are people - and (probably) only one truth. Discerning the truth is (for me) the most difficult part, as I tend to be VERY open minded.

Now, I have not read any of David Icke's work, but I have perused many sites from angels to conspiracy theory; personally, although at times I am intrigued by conspiracy theory, I try to eliminate conspiracy theory from my thought process. For me, many of the conspiracy theories are a bit scarey, and guess I believe on some level that we create what we focus on. BUT...that said, I am ALL for opening the mind to other possibilities. For we will never find the truth if we keep our minds closed!

So, what have you learned from what you read? Did any of his work "ring true" with you?

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Vigilant1
New Friend

Post by Vigilant1 »

sammy wrote:Hi Vigilant1! :hithere
You wrote:
Okay this is just too far fetched to believe, or this is really OUT there, and can't be correct.
I think it's all part of learning and spiritual growth...discerning the truth. I was brought up Catholic, with a little dose of Jehovah's Witness on the side; I had never heard of the term "metaphysics" prior to 5 or 6 years ago. I HAD to open myself to other possibilities when my 12 year old started seeing auras and having prophetic type dreams. There are almost as many opinions out there as there are people - and (probably) only one truth. Discerning the truth is (for me) the most difficult part, as I tend to be VERY open minded.

Now, I have not read any of David Icke's work, but I have perused many sites from angels to conspiracy theory; personally, although at times I am intrigued by conspiracy theory, I try to eliminate conspiracy theory from my thought process. For me, many of the conspiracy theories are a bit scarey, and guess I believe on some level that we create what we focus on. BUT...that said, I am ALL for opening the mind to other possibilities. For we will never find the truth if we keep our minds closed!

So, what have you learned from what you read? Did any of his work "ring true" with you?

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Hi Sammy!
The very first book I read of David Icke's was called, ....and the truth shall set you free. I have to say the first chapter in this book really made me think, he speaks of how we are programmed with Dogma, initially by our parents, not intentionally, but for example: 1. You bad little boy or girl, if you do that again I am going to give you a big smack (fear)2. You naughtly little boy or girl, how could you do that and upset your mommy and daddy (guilt). Parents of course do this unentionally however, but then it goes on, well for some, and for me, it was then repeated with religion, which was also taugth with fear and quilt, to the extreme. Grandparents were ordained ministers, and it was heavy!! We didn't question, and we believed and that was that, and much was taught to us with fear. I was constantly being reminded that I didn't want to be left behind, and pretty much given horror stories of what that would be like. I really wasn't allowed to be a child. I could on and on about how much this was imposed on me, and the realizing that this had been imposed upon my parents, and grandparents, etc. I have to tell you that initially reading some of David Icke's material, I would immediately shut down, and say no way this could not be true, and some of his consipiracies, I still find to be out there, and can't wrap my mind around, but maybe I am not suppose to. Although, I am now questioning somethings I was taught, I haven't given up that I believe in ONE true God, however, I am questioning the concept of God and the bible. I have to say, that I had a lot of fear and anxiety, that I think was based on the religious principles I was taught, and now I feel FREE, and able to explore spirituality outside the confines of religion.
Vigilant1
New Friend

Post by Vigilant1 »

overmind wrote:I've never read his books, but I've seen one of his long presentations (over 2 hours I think). As much as I love the guy, he doesn't know quite as much as he thinks he does, but I guess that's true for most of us. He understands how the Illuminati is structured, but he does make errors. I would focus more on his observations of current events instead of his poor understanding of history. His theories are a little too wild for my taste.

He does talk about extraterrestials, and how they are part of our history and present, which I find facinating, and have been currently watching the series Ancient Aliens, and some how this all does make a bit of sense to me. Thanks for the advice on focusing on his observations of current events!
overmind

Post by overmind »

Vigilant1 wrote:
overmind wrote:I've never read his books, but I've seen one of his long presentations (over 2 hours I think). As much as I love the guy, he doesn't know quite as much as he thinks he does, but I guess that's true for most of us. He understands how the Illuminati is structured, but he does make errors. I would focus more on his observations of current events instead of his poor understanding of history. His theories are a little too wild for my taste.

He does talk about extraterrestials, and how they are part of our history and present, which I find facinating, and have been currently watching the series Ancient Aliens, and some how this all does make a bit of sense to me. Thanks for the advice on focusing on his observations of current events!
I have problems with his idea of history, a lot of it is a direct contradiction to the Urantia Book as well as being plain silly. To be brief, he makes the usual correlation/causation error as well as some pretty bold statements. However, he does seem good at researching, he's good at analyzing public figures, the mainstream, and political/corporate corruption. I generally like him.
Vigilant1
New Friend

Post by Vigilant1 »

I will have to take a look at the Urantia book?
overmind

Post by overmind »

You can download it here: http://www.urantia.org/en/urantia-book/ ... antia-book. Look for the PDF in that list. There is also an iPhone app for it (which is what I read). It's a very long read, but it's worth it. Most people on this board are familiar with it.
Vigilant1
New Friend

Post by Vigilant1 »

overmind wrote:You can download it here: http://www.urantia.org/en/urantia-book/ ... antia-book. Look for the PDF in that list. There is also an iPhone app for it (which is what I read). It's a very long read, but it's worth it. Most people on this board are familiar with it.
Okay, thanks for the information!!
11Prizms
Family

Post by 11Prizms »

I understand David Icke to be a sensationalist, who's primary job is to incite people. I get his interest to enlighten the masses, I just think its not his job. He's got a forceful nature, borderline paranoid, and his approach is captivating for many, but I worry those with lesser 'balances' would fall off into an abyss of psychosis.

There is active polarity on our planet. While one comes to bring peace, another comes to bring chaos -- in tandem. Clarifying which is which is where the rubix cube begins to melt ur noodle.

There are very large elements that have literally cornered the market in capturing the information and disinformation markets. Icke strikes me as one of the disinformation types that breeds a 'stereotype' that hinders anyone from having credibility on the bits that 'they' give him. And by "they", I don't believe his direction is given by Angelics of the Most High.

The Urantia book has some very specific keys to opening up the interiority of your radar. Inside you have a guide that is of the Most High. Foster that communication in all your endeavors and you will 'know' what is on anything. You will be able to read and only that which is correct will be retained while you glance over obvious bogus, sensationalistic drama designed to tantalize your senses, you will not fall prey. Like cupcakes...bright and colorful, euphoric to have and eat, but quite deadly to the body. Your radar is already pre-wired for auto-activation and will be quite likely the ONLY tool you can rely upon 100%. That radar will connect you to the greater systems where love is boundless and nurturing you carefully through every step you must take. Will you listen when it tells you the cupcake is not good to eat?

A boring carrot is quite magical, indeed...primarily as it actually possesses light energy born upon the light being, Earth, that is in absolute concert with the light symphony called you.

The Urantia Book is a boring carrot to many....

Happy Exploring!
Rebecca
I am.
overmind

Post by overmind »

11Prizms wrote:I understand David Icke to be a sensationalist, who's primary job is to incite people. I get his interest to enlighten the masses, I just think its not his job. He's got a forceful nature, borderline paranoid, and his approach is captivating for many, but I worry those with lesser 'balances' would fall off into an abyss of psychosis.

There is active polarity on our planet. While one comes to bring peace, another comes to bring chaos -- in tandem. Clarifying which is which is where the rubix cube begins to melt ur noodle.

There are very large elements that have literally cornered the market in capturing the information and disinformation markets. Icke strikes me as one of the disinformation types that breeds a 'stereotype' that hinders anyone from having credibility on the bits that 'they' give him. And by "they", I don't believe his direction is given by Angelics of the Most High.

The Urantia book has some very specific keys to opening up the interiority of your radar. Inside you have a guide that is of the Most High. Foster that communication in all your endeavors and you will 'know' what is on anything. You will be able to read and only that which is correct will be retained while you glance over obvious bogus, sensationalistic drama designed to tantalize your senses, you will not fall prey. Like cupcakes...bright and colorful, euphoric to have and eat, but quite deadly to the body. Your radar is already pre-wired for auto-activation and will be quite likely the ONLY tool you can rely upon 100%. That radar will connect you to the greater systems where love is boundless and nurturing you carefully through every step you must take. Will you listen when it tells you the cupcake is not good to eat?

A boring carrot is quite magical, indeed...primarily as it actually possesses light energy born upon the light being, Earth, that is in absolute concert with the light symphony called you.

Happy Exploring!
Rebecca
I agree with this, he is pretty sensationalistic. He's great at finding evil, but sounds ridiculous while doing it. He is basically reinforcing the idea of duality, good vs. evil, even when this universe is mostly light. When he mentions being contacted by some higher being, he has no idea who he was talking to, he just heard a voice. One thing he does sort of understand is the law of attraction, but then he gives this too much credit. I had a conversation with Geoff concerning not just Icke, but multiple "new age" type people. Even people who seem very knowledgeable adopt great misconceptions, and I noticed a trend that very few understand the concept of the Thought Adjuster. They usually just say we are infinite consciousness and leave it at that. The basic concept is that since we are essentially One, then a person is capable of speaking for the Whole which is utterly ridiculous. David Icke said himself, "I am all that is and all that ever will be," seems a little pretentious for a fledgling soul. I'm still trying to find out how people can learn so much, yet know so little. The only answer I have so far is that's how mortal life is supposed to be. We aren't allowed to have all the answers, partly because we couldn't even understand them as well as they would sort of ruin a few of the mysteries of mortal life.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Vigilant1 wrote:
overmind wrote:You can download it here: http://www.urantia.org/en/urantia-book/ ... antia-book. Look for the PDF in that list. There is also an iPhone app for it (which is what I read). It's a very long read, but it's worth it. Most people on this board are familiar with it.
Okay, thanks for the information!!
I created a Kindle version of it for myself, if anyone wants it, just ask.By the way, as there is "Kindle for PC" which is FREE, any Kindle e-book can be read on your PC, and in fact it interacts with the Amazon book store just like a Kindle. Amazon really has a seamless process there. One click purchase, and twenty seconds later you have your book, installed automatically on either or both PC and device.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

11Prizms wrote:The Urantia book has some very specific keys to opening up the interiority of your radar. Inside you have a guide that is of the Most High. Foster that communication in all your endeavors and you will 'know' what is on anything. You will be able to read and only that which is correct will be retained while you glance over obvious bogus, sensationalistic drama designed to tantalize your senses, you will not fall prey. Like cupcakes...bright and colorful, euphoric to have and eat, but quite deadly to the body. Your radar is already pre-wired for auto-activation and will be quite likely the ONLY tool you can rely upon 100%. That radar will connect you to the greater systems where love is boundless and nurturing you carefully through every step you must take. Will you listen when it tells you the cupcake is not good to eat?

Happy Exploring!
Rebecca
Dear Rebecca,

You put that very well.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Yeah, i read and listened to some of his web links yesterday, I admire his boldness, and i think his intentions are very good, but he basically consumes as much information as he can find and clumbsily delivers it as "truth", there's no tact, just, like you say sensationalizes everything, rather than take what he's learn't and teach truth and love.

Much Love

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Vigilant1
New Friend

Post by Vigilant1 »

Thank you all for your insight!! I agree with what you all had to say regarding his material, I do find some of his ideas interesting, but again, while he speaks of positivity and love in the world, he is also readily pointing out all the negative aspects too, so kind of a contradiction to me at times. I have to admit however that by reading some of his material, I was able to let go of the dogma that I was brought up and it did free my mind to accept other possibilities, which was not easy for me, considering the programming and not being able to question, so that I did get from his message, and so for that I am glad I did get a hold of his book. I had a better understanding of why we (me) hold on to thoughts and beliefs, and are afraid to let go and free our minds to consider other thoughts of spirituality. So this for me was informative and helpful in that aspect