what happens?

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

what happens?

Post by happyrain »

what is the call and what happens if you choose not to answer it ?
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
touchedbyanangel
Old Friend

Re: what happens?

Post by touchedbyanangel »

:hithere

Dear Happyrain;

There is a book I read on a daily basis, titled, "My Utmost For His Highest," the book is actually a daily devotional. It has helped me answer many questions about, both God, and Jesus. Your question is one I have pondered, as I believe everyone who feels, or hears God's call, does. Understanding what God's call is, and what it means to each person that is called is something so important to one's eternal life, that, to ignore it, is to one's peril.

There is but one thing most important to everyone, and that is, getting to know God. His call to you, and everyone else, is to serve that purpose. Many become afraid of God's call because they misunderstand God's intentions.

Here are two pages of the book I read that I hope may help you with your question.

January 14th.
CALLED OF GOD
"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8

God did not address the call to Isaiah; Isaiah overheard God saying, "Who will go for us?" The call of God is not for the special few, it is for everyone. Whether or not I hear God's call depends upon the state of my ears; and what I hear depends upon my disposition. "Many are called but few are chosen," that is, few prove themselves the chosen ones. The chosen ones are those who have come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ whereby their disposition has been altered and their ears unstopped, and they hear the still small voice questioning all the time, "Who will go for us?" It is not a question of God singling out a man and saying, "Now, you go." God did not lay a strong compulsion on Isaiah; Isaiah was in the presence of God and he overheard the call, and realized that there was nothing else for him but to say, in conscious freedom, "Here am I, send me." Get out of your mind the idea of expecting God to come with compulsions and pleadings. When our Lord called His disciples there was no irresistible compulsion from outside. The quiet passionate insistence of His "Follow Me" was spoken to men with every power wide awake. If we let the Spirit of God bring us face to face with God, we too shall hear something akin to what Isaiah heard, the still small voice of God; and in perfect freedom will say, "Here am I; send me."

January 16th.
THE VOICE OF THE NATURE OF GOD
"I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send?" Isaiah 6:8

When we speak of the call of God, we are apt to forget the most important feature, viz., the nature of the One Who calls. There is the call of the sea, the call of the mountains, the call of the great ice barriers, but these calls are only heard by the few. The call is the expression of the nature from which it comes, and we can only record the call if the same nature is in us. The call of God is the expression of God's nature, not of our nature. There are strands of the call of God providentially at work for us which we recognize and no one else does. It is the threading of God's voice to us in some particular matter, and it is no use consulting anyone else about it. We have to keep that profound relationship between our souls and God.

The call of God is not the echo of my nature; my affinities and personal temperament are not considered. As long as I consider my personal temperament and think about what I am fitted for, I shall never hear the call of God. But when I am brought into relationship with God, I am in the condition Isaiah was in. Isaiah's soul was so attuned to God by the tremendous crisis he had gone through that he recorded the call of God to his amazed soul. The majority of us have no ear for anything but ourselves, we cannot hear a thing God says. To be brought into the zone of the call of God is to be profoundly altered.

:) I hope that was of some help!

Touched... :loves
You must understand God's point of view, before you can have a clear vision of your future.

Touchedbyanangel
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

happyrain wrote:what is the call and what happens if you choose not to answer it ?
Dear Eric,

God has plans for you. If you ignore them, He makes other plans, using other people. If you then wake up, He makes new plans to include you. Plans are changing all the time.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by luvinlife »

Hi Happy! I think that, unfortunately, a lot of people DON'T answer the call which is why there is much disharmony in the world.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

happyrain wrote:what is the call and what happens if you choose not to answer it ?
hmm. the call. back unto god. it's always out there. playing again and again....like that of a record playing over and over and over again.......

if one chooses not to answer....well, then one will not go to god. like ignoring the dinner bell. u ignore it...then u go without dinner...

this 'call'....goes out to every one of god's children....everyone. when it comes a souls time to waken...it happens. if not...soul will sleep or be away from god, or aka not eat dinner, until it heeds the call or dinner bell. just because soul does not answer call right away....does not mean that call or bell ceases to ring...

:sunflower:
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~