The benefits of reading the Urantia Book

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The benefits of reading the Urantia Book

Post by Amigoo »

:lol: Potential humor in the Foreword (re: 0:1.19 )

Note to new employees: Your employment benefits are calculated
on your performance according to these 7 possibilities each month:

1. Absolute perfection in all aspects.
2. Absolute perfection in some phases and relative perfection in all other aspects.
3. Absolute, relative, and imperfect aspects in varied association.
4. Absolute perfection in some respects, imperfection in all others.
5. Absolute perfection in no direction, relative perfection in all manifestations.
6. Absolute perfection in no phase, relative in some, imperfect in others.
7. Absolute perfection in no attribute, imperfection in all.

Traditionally, employees achieve the seventh level only once. :roll:

Rod :)
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for that, Rod! I am still chuckling... :lol:
xxsandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:bana: Interesting experiment with the Foreword ...

A decade ago, I made a personal copy of the Foreword audio,
increasing tempo by 33% (compromise for speed + quality).

When listening to the audio while looking at the text,
the tempo still seems slow. This suggests that the brain
processes visual information faster than audio. 8)

However, listening to the audio with eyes closed
provides better concentration on the information. :roll

:lol: True story ...

Decades ago, I played the audio CD at bedtime, thinking that it would stop after the first track.
Of course, I fell asleep during the slower tempo of the Foreword (and because of its content).
I didn't remember much about the Papers but had strange dreams all night!
... and couldn't wake up enough to turn off the player. :roll:

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rod,
I was determined to read every word of the Urantia book when I first picked it up. I began the UB foreward with great enthusiasm which soon turned to outright :shock: as I tried to understand what was written...Despite my early dismay, I continued to read it with a dictionary at my side...even made notes on certain terminology, like I did when I read "The Silmarillion". I was so relieved that the rest of the book was easier to read. But very glad I took the time to ingest the information relayed in the Foreward.

I am thinking that "reading" via the subconscious as you did unintentionally could be helpful. ;) :lol:
No doubt, I suspect the Urantia book could produce some outstanding dreams...better than a movie, eh?

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Re: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-God.html

"Inside the boom in (U.S.) psychedelic churches where former Republican senators, bankers and Mormons
organize shroom and Ayahuasca ceremonies for thousands of Americans to connect with God ...
It is thought anywhere between 200 to 2,000 psychedelic churches now exist across the U.S.,
from states with liberal drug laws such as California and Oregon,
to resolutely conservative ones including Utah and Alabama."

:idea: Apparently, the emotional/feeling component of religion, but still not the "highest of human emotions"
of this quote (and probably far distant from the "intellectual approach to spiritual communion"):

"... men should do their best to provide houses of beauty, sanctuaries of appealing simplicity and artistic embellishment,
so that the highest of human emotions may be aroused in association with the intellectual approach
to spiritual communion with God." (167:6.6)

:idea: These churches may be advancing the "cause of the kingdom", but not necessarily the "kingdom of heaven"
(spiritual relationship between God and man):

"While emotion as a factor in human decisions cannot be wholly eliminated, it should not be directly appealed to
in the teachings of those who would advance the cause of the kingdom. Make your appeals directly to the divine spirit
that dwells within the minds of men." (159:3.2)

"Some believe in a God, some do not. But they all have one thing in common:
they pray to a higher power."

:scratch: So, praying to a higher power that is not God is what?
That revealed by psychedelics (probably very unique and personal)? :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Jesus' “Verily, verily I say unto you” in the Bible and in the Urantia Book Part IV

Re: https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/ ... y%22&t=KJV
(KJV, with “I say unto you” removed, “I say unto thee” changed to '~')

John 01:51 - And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
John 03:03 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, ~ Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 03:05 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, ~ Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 03:11 - Verily, verily, ~ We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
John 05:19 - Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
John 05:24 - Verily, verily, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 05:25 - Verily, verily, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
John 06:26 - Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
John 06:32 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
John 06:47 - Verily, verily, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 06:53 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 08:34 - Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
John 08:51 - Verily, verily, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
John 08:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 10:01 - Verily, verily, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
John 10:07 - Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I am the door of the sheep.
John 12:24 - Verily, verily, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
John 13:16 - Verily, verily, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
John 13:20 - Verily, verily, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
John 13:21 - When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, that one of you shall betray me.
John 13:38 - Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, ~ The (rooster) shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.
John 14:12 - Verily, verily, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 16:20 - Verily, verily, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
John 16:23 - And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
John 21:18 - Verily, verily, ~ When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

Re: UB Part IV “Verily, verily" in Paper:Section.paragraph order
(with “I say to you” removed)

140:01.04 - “Verily, verily, not every one who says, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but rather he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”
141:02.02 - “Verily, verily, when the Father’s will is your law, you are hardly in the kingdom. But when the Father’s will becomes truly your will, then are you in very truth in the kingdom because the kingdom has thereby become an established experience in you.”
142:06.04 - “Verily, verily, Nicodemus, except a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
143:02.03 - “Verily, verily, he who rules his own self is greater than he who captures a city.”
144:08.04 - “Verily, verily, among those born of women there has not arisen a greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is but small in the kingdom of heaven is greater because he has been born of the spirit and knows that he has become a son of God.”
147:01.03 - “Verily, verily, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.”
147:03.03 - “Verily, verily, he who hears the gospel of the kingdom and believes in this teaching of sonship with God, has eternal life; already are such believers passing from judgment and death to light and life.”
153:02.05 - “Verily, verily, I say to many who sit before me this day, you are confronted with the necessity of choosing which way you will go; and I say to you, as Joshua said to your forefathers, ‘choose you this day whom you will serve.’"
153:04.03 - “Verily, verily, all your sins shall be forgiven, even all of your blasphemies, but whosoever shall blaspheme against God with deliberation and wicked intention shall never obtain forgiveness.”
156:01.08 - “Verily, verily, the Father’s kingdom shall be taken by the gentiles if the children of Abraham are not minded to show faith enough to enter therein.”
158:08.01 - “Verily, verily, except you turn about and become more like this child, you will make little progress in the kingdom of heaven.”
162:07.02 - “Verily, verily, everyone who commits sin is the bond servant of sin.”
162:07.05 - “Verily, verily, you who believe the gospel that, if a man will keep this word of truth alive in his heart, he shall never taste death.”
162:07.06 - “Verily, verily, before Abraham was, I am.”
163:03.04 - “Verily, verily, there is no man who has left wealth, home, wife, brethren, parents, or children for my sake and for the sake of the kingdom of heaven who shall not receive manifold more in this world, perhaps with some persecutions, and in the world to come eternal life.”
165:02.08 - “Verily, verily, friends and enemies, I am the true shepherd; I know my own and my own know me.”
165:05.05 - “Verily, verily, a crisis is just ahead in your lives, and it behooves you to watch and be ready.”
167:06.01 - “Verily, verily, whosoever receives not the kingdom of God as a little child shall hardly enter therein to grow up to the full stature of spiritual manhood.”
176:00.01 - “You see these stones and this massive temple; verily, verily, in the days soon to come there shall not be left one stone upon another.”
179:03.08 - “Verily, verily, a servant is not greater than his master; neither is one who is sent greater than he who sends him.”
181:02.29 - “Peter, verily, verily, this night the (rooster) will not crow until you have denied me three or four times.”
187:04.01 - “Verily, verily, today, you shall sometime be with me in Paradise.”

:idea: The differences in usage might be explained by:
1) Bible verses were taken from the writings of the apostles and may have been edited later.
2) UB quotes may also be from Midwayer-accessible information other than human writings
and all may have been restated with modern phraseology.

:idea: Regarding UB Part IV - The Life and Teachings of Jesus:
"This group of papers was sponsored by a commission of twelve Urantia midwayers acting under the supervision
of a Melchizedek revelatory director. The basis of this narrative was supplied by a secondary midwayer, onetime
assigned to the superhuman watchcare of the Apostle Andrew."

:idea: Regarding the Gospel of John:
Re: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John
"These verses imply rather that the core of the gospel relies on the testimony (perhaps written)
of the 'disciple who is testifying', as collected, preserved and reshaped by a community of followers
(the 'we' of the passage), and that a single follower (the 'I')* rearranged this material and perhaps
added the final chapter and other passages to produce the final gospel."

This may explain why "Verily, verily" (2 words) is found only in the Gospel of John
and questions why the Midwayer Commission used only the Gospel of John
for these quotes (other biblical books use just "Verily" for similar quotes).

* The UB identifies the 'I' as either Nathan or John himself as editor of Nathan's work
and confirms that the Gospel of John is a composition including other sources:

"... in the year A.D. 101 (John) encouraged his associate, Nathan, a Greek Jew from Caesarea,
to begin the writing. John supplied his material from memory and by reference to the three
records already in existence. He had no written records of his own. The Epistle known as 'First John'
was written by John himself as cover letter for the work which Nathan executed under his direction." (121:8.10)

:idea: This comparison below not only indicates Midwayers' restatement in modern phraseology
but also highlights Midwayers' knowledge of Jesus' meanings: Whereas "born of water"
might suggest baptism it refers to amniotic fluid and physical birth, but "born from above"
highlights that physical birth is not the entrance to the kingdom. And this suggests that
Midwayers' own records are sometimes the true source of UB text. :!:

King James Version

John 03.01 - There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
John 03.02 - the same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
John 03.03 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 03.04 - Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
John 03.05 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 03.06 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 03.07 - Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Urantia Book Part IV

142:06.04 - Jesus answered Nicodemus: “Verily, verily, I say to you, Nicodemus, except a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Then replied Nicodemus: “But how can a man be born again when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born.”
142:06.05 - Jesus said: “Nevertheless, I declare to you, except a man be born of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. But you should not marvel that I said you must be born from above.”

Paper 121 - The Times of Michael’s Bestowal, 8. Previous Written Records
well explains the various sources used by the Midwayer Commission.
See also: https://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P121_8

Postscript: This research suggests that its purpose is to emphasize
that the Urantia Book Part IV (as well as other Parts) was sourced
by much more than human writings up to the time of its publication. ;)

:study: Regarding other sources of information about Jesus (sample channeling) ...

Re: https://soultruth.ca/contemporary-messa ... -aug-2022/
"Lesson 20: More Dedicated Souls are Needed to Build Portals and Extend the Lattice of Light"

"I had my disciples gathered around me and there were many more than you might think, certainly more than twelve."

:idea: Note: The 12 were called 'apostles' - 'disciples' were another group:

"And if these are hard sayings, you can even now turn back. If you find the requirements of apostleship too hard,
you may return to the less rigorous pathway of discipleship.”

(UB 140:6.9, Paper 140 - The Ordination of the Twelve, 6. The Evening of the Ordination)

First thought: These messages seem to have good value, but may not be
from the once incarnated Jesus, now Master Son of our universe. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... bible.html
"Why people around the world are worshipping robots and artificial intelligence" :o

"The results of generative AI are very open for interpretation, so people can read anything into them.
Psychologists have historically proven that humans interpret their interactions with computers like
real social relationships. So it's very possible that people are using AI to find meaning and guidance,
much like from religious scriptures, even though there may be no actual meaning there (in AI)."

:idea: Good update on AI as religion, suggesting many people can be persuaded by AI religion
(which will probably get worse as robotics technology becomes convincingly humanoid). ;)

"99 out of 100 AI preachers know that AI is conscious and God-like."
(possible, near-term claim in AI religion?) :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/24/12263717 ... in-the-u-s
"Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S."

"Most Nones believe in God or another higher power, but very few attend any kind of religious service.
They aren't all anti-religious. Most Nones say religion does some harm, but many also think it does some good.
Most have more positive views of science than those who are religiously affiliated; however, they reject
the idea that science can explain everything." 8)

:idea: At least, positive perspective amongst this group! ...
suggesting that they'll respond favorably to new guidance and leadership.
But strangely, this "nones" seems parallel to the trend in gender definition,
with 'non-binary', etc., similar distancing from centuries-old status quo! :o

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510053/on-point
Many interviews with the authors of the book: “The Great Dechurching”.
Click on "'The great dechurching': Why so many Americans are leaving their churches"

:idea: Good variety of comments in podcast, suggesting that 'church' is now in necessary transition for many reasons!
And Jesus' concept of 'church' was not what has been promoted for centuries. At least, ongoing desire for community
seems the foundation of what will certainly develop ... and will not be just one thing/venue. ;)

This era of many things/venues can provide the nurturing soil from which the One World Religion
(UB vision - not current human vision) can arise ... in another era. :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.brighteon.com/
(search for: "Pope Francis Orders Christians")

:scratch: Say what? Lucifer is Jesus' father ?! :o

Re: https://www.whycatholic.com/did-pope-fr ... e-lucifer/

"The word ‘lucifer’, which is used during the lighting of the Paschal Candle on Holy Saturday,
refers to Jesus Christ, the Light of the World. It has no connection whatsoever to the devil,
who is sometimes called Lucifer. As Father Louis Campbell succinctly states: 'The word ‘lucifer’,
which is used during the lighting of the Paschal Candle on Holy Saturday, refers to Jesus Christ,
the Light of the World. It has no connection whatsoever to the devil, sometimes called Lucifer."

:scratch: Say what? "The word ‘lucifer’ ... refers to Jesus Christ",
but the Pope's recent message says Lucifer is Jesus' father. :roll:

Maybe related to this UB quote: "His teaching regarding the Father centered in the declaration
that he and the Father are one; that he who has seen the Son has seen the Father" (169:4.2)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Spv0selko
"The Invisible Made Visible"

:idea: Very good messaging about the existence of God, suggesting that
living our Revelation promotes the message more than proselytizing. ;)

In other words ... showing that "I love you."
is icing on the cake of saying "I love you.",
icing on the cake of writing "I love you." 8)

:sunflower: Speaking of new messaging ...
Not coming to church any more?
He Gets Us, epochally speaking.

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl5TFrpNCXU
"Correcting Conservatives on IVF after the Alabama Ruling"

:idea: Good discussion but without mention that a fertilized egg has no potential to develop as a child until placed in a womb, natural or otherwise.
Also, the discussion does not mention the momentous responsibility of preserving the IVF egg in perpetuity (or until it goes to a womb).

For perspective, the following announcement would never be made, for human conception was intended as designed then facilitated
by the Life Carriers* of our local system: "I bring glad tidings when I announce that the IVF conception at your fertility clinic
is ordained by heaven, and that in due time you will become the mother of a son"

* "Life is constructed according to plans formulated by the (unrevealed) Architects of Being and appears on the inhabited planets
either by direct importation or as a result of the operations of the Life Carriers of the local universes." (36:0.1)

:hithere And now that medical technology can modify (aka "interfere with") existing life, we ought be cautious that
life less responsive to the adjutant mind spirits can be created (i.e., life without potential for a soul?). Of what value
would this be to Urantia's continuing advancement to light and life?! Also, 36:2.18 reminds that evolution has long been
the cause of biologic advancement on Urantia - not laboratory manipulation of creature genes: :roll:

"The capacity of material creatures to effect spirit response is entirely dependent on the associated mind endowment,
which, in turn, has directionized the course of the biologic evolution of these same mortal creatures." (36:2.18)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Re: https://www.perplexity.ai/

Q: Why is this AI named "Perplexity"?

"The AI is named 'Perplexity' because it is based on a fundamental concept in natural language processing and machine learning. Perplexity is a numerical measure that evaluates how well a language model predicts a given set of data, such as text samples. In the context of AI, perplexity quantifies the uncertainty or 'perplexity' of the model when attempting to predict the next word or sequence of words in a text."

:idea: Probably well known by now (AI predicts - not reasons as a human). However, AI systems seem to predict better than some humans reason. Therefore we might predict that Perplexity will be a Google Gobbler. That this AI does not limit access to the internet barnyard as does Google ("they say"), suggests its increasingly popular perspicacity.

:study: Another sample of the free Perplexity ...
("a shift towards non-denominational Christianity" is intriguing!)

Q: What is the future of Christianity?

Perplexity selected five sources to answer this question:
https://www.graphsaboutreligion.com/p/t ... istianity/
https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/20 ... 2010-2050/
https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/20 ... n-america/
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/trust/arch ... n-america/
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... istianity/

"The future of Christianity in America is undergoing significant shifts according to recent analyses. Studies suggest that if current trends continue, Christians could make up less than half of the U.S. population within a few decades. Factors contributing to this decline include large numbers of Americans leaving Christianity to identify as atheist, agnostic, or having no specific religious affiliation. The Pew Research Center's projections indicate a decrease in Christianity's share of the population, with the likeliest scenario predicting only 47% of Americans being Christian by midcentury and 39% by 2070.

Additionally, the growth of non-Christian religions is expected, with people of other faiths projected to represent 12%-13% of the population. In terms of denominations, there is a notable rise in non-denominational churches in America, indicating a shift towards non-denominational Christianity. This trend aligns with the broader movement away from traditional denominations towards more flexible and individualized forms of worship and spirituality. The future landscape of Christianity in America is complex and evolving, influenced by factors such as religious disaffiliation, changing demographics, and societal trends."

:study: The follow-up question ...
(It's "limited acceptance within mainstream Christianity"
hints of greater acceptance in "non-denominational Christianity!)

Q: How does the Urantia Book influence this future?

Perplexity selected 4 sources to answer this question:
https://archive.urantiabook.org/archive ... f_fer.htm/
https://truthbook.com/urantia-book-revi ... d-my-life/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Urantia/commen ... ntia_book/
https://www.urantia.org/news/2017-12/look-future/

(a quote) "The Urantia Book, a spiritual text published in book form several decades ago, presents unique perspectives that have influenced individuals in various ways. It has impacted readers by instilling confidence in their future as ascending spirits, fostering a deeper understanding of spiritual concepts, and encouraging discussions on religion, politics, science, and morality".

"The book emphasizes critical thinking and reason, advocating for open and direct conversations about challenging topics to promote understanding and tolerance. Regarding its influence on the future of Christianity, the Urantia Book's content and approach may have mixed implications. Some believe that the book's frank statements and unconventional revelations could potentially weaken its future authority and influence among a broader audience due to the challenging nature of its content.

The book's teachings, which delve into complex spiritual concepts beyond traditional beliefs, may not resonate with all individuals, leading to varied interpretations and acceptance levels. In essence, while the Urantia Book has profoundly impacted the lives of many readers by offering unique spiritual insights and perspectives, its unconventional nature and challenging content may limit its widespread acceptance within mainstream Christianity. The book's emphasis on critical thinking and openness to difficult subjects sets it apart but also poses challenges in terms of broader acceptance and influence within religious communities."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Another sample of Perplexity AI ( https://www.perplexity.ai/ ) ...
(highlights Perplexity's positive, informative repsonses) :roll

Q: What are the James E. Padgett messages?

Perplexity selected 5 sources to answer this question:
https://thepadgettmessages.org/
https://thepadgettmessages.org/james-e-padgett/
https://www.amazon.com/Padgett-Messages ... 409232441/
https://www.divinelovedivinetruth.org/james_e_padgett/
http://www.divinelove.org/James-E-Padgett/

"The James E. Padgett messages refer to a collection of messages received from spirits through the mediumship of Attorney James E. Padgett. These messages are significant as they convey spiritual guidance and teachings. James E. Padgett was urged in one message to seek help from the Divine through prayer, emphasizing the experience of Divine Love in one's heart. Padgett dedicated himself to receiving these messages, particularly those signed by Jesus and Celestials, without using mediumship for financial gain. The messages are considered important for their content, which includes teachings from Jesus and others that aim to clarify and provide insights into spiritual truths and teachings."

Q: What is the reception of the padgett messages among christian scholars?

Perplexity selected 5 sources to answer this question:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Truth/
https://new-birth.net/messages-jesus-na ... ate-order/
https://thepadgettmessages.org/
https://weblogtheworld.com/formats/phot ... padgett-2/
https://www.padgettmessages.net/messages-in-1916/

"Among Christian scholars, the reception of the Padgett messages varies. These messages, received through the mediumship of James E. Padgett, are considered significant for preserving and disseminating spiritual truths attributed to Jesus and Celestials. Some scholars appreciate the messages for their content, which challenges traditional Christian beliefs and offers insights into spiritual teachings beyond what is found in the Bible. The dedication of James E. Padgett to receiving these messages without seeking financial gain adds to the authenticity and sincerity of the spiritual content. The messages are valued for their role in expanding spiritual knowledge and promoting a deeper connection with Divine Love within a Christian context.

On the other hand, some Christian scholars may approach the Padgett messages with skepticism due to their divergence from traditional Christian teachings. The messages' claims of conveying teachings directly from Jesus and challenging established beliefs could be a point of contention among scholars who adhere strictly to orthodox Christian doctrines. The unique nature of the messages, received through automatic writing and claiming to be from spirits like Jesus, may lead to varying interpretations and acceptance levels among Christian scholars based on their theological perspectives and openness to spiritual revelations beyond traditional scripture."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:scratch: When does human life begin?

"Survival is dependent on spiritualization by the ministry of the Adjuster - on the birth and evolution of the immortal soul" (49:4.9)

"Adjusters reach their human subjects on Urantia, on the average, just prior to the sixth birthday." (108:2.1)

"Children who die when too young to have Thought Adjusters are repersonalized on the finaliter world of the local systems concomitant with the arrival of either parent on the mansion worlds. A child acquires physical entity at mortal birth, but in the matter of survival all Adjusterless children are reckoned as still attached to their parents. In due course Thought Adjusters come to indwell these little ones" (49:6.12-13)

"A child has been in existence about nine months before it experiences birth." (103:2.1)

:idea: Regardless of what humans do, a child once in existence is given the opportunity for eternal survival. Apparently, humans are held responsible for termination of that existence and are probably "rewarded" with appropriate rehabilitation on the mansion worlds. :roll:

"Personality is a unique endowment of original nature whose existence is independent of,
and antecedent to, the bestowal of the Thought Adjuster." (16:8.3)

"Personality is superimposed upon energy, and it is associated only with living energy systems" (0:5.4)
"It may be bestowed upon any living energy system which includes mind or spirit." (112:0.4)

:idea: While the child has personality after birth, the fetus may require certain mind development to acquire personality. Thus, acquirement of personality may be the ultimate determination of when true survival life begins:

"The bestowal of personality is the exclusive function of the Universal Father, the personalization of the living energy systems which he endows with the attributes of relative creative consciousness and the freewill control thereof." (5:6.4)

Re: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ess-arise/
"When Does Consciousness Arise in Human Babies?"

"Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation. Roughly two months later synchrony of the electroencephalographic (EEG) rhythm across both cortical hemispheres signals the onset of global neuronal integration.

Thus, many of the circuit elements necessary for consciousness are in place by the third trimester. By this time, preterm infants can survive outside the womb under proper medical care."

:scratch: Does this suggest that consciousness (functional brain activity) determines when creature life begins? While a "living energy system" is created at conception it doesn't acquire personality until later. When creature's mind development ís sufficiently advanced to respond to adjutant mind spirits :?:

:study: Re: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9225347/
"When Does the Human Embryonic Heart Start Beating?"

"When expressed in terms of idealized gestational age, the human embryonic heart is said to start beating
at 35 to 37 gestational days (sixth gestational week)."

:study: Re: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/brain-n ... ystem.html
"What Does the Brain Do?"

"The brain controls what you think and feel, how you learn and remember, and the way you move and talk.
But it also controls things you're less aware of - like the beating of your heart and the digestion of your food."

Long story short (rationalizing effective beginning of life closer to conception):

When the human heart starts beating, the brain is sufficiently developed, suggesting starting point for sanctity of life. While UB-defined personality* may not be acquired until after birth, unique personality** can already be sensed by the mother and by admiring/affectionate adults soon after child's birth.

* "Personality is unique, absolutely unique: It is unique in time and space; it is unique in eternity and on Paradise;
it is unique when bestowed - there are no duplicates; it is unique during every moment of existence" (112:0.12)

** Re: https://www.britannica.com/topic/personality

"a characteristic way of thinking, feeling, and behaving. Personality embraces moods, attitudes, and opinions and is most clearly expressed in interactions with other people. It includes behavioral characteristics, both inherent and acquired, that distinguish one person from another and that can be observed in people’s relations to the environment and to the social group."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:scratch: How does the Urantia Book relate to religion :?:

From perspective on high, the universe was created to be inhabited,
wherefore we're enlightened by our planet's Fifth Epochal Revelation
whence the traditions of religion, then invited to contemplate
whither their now ongoing metamorphosis. 8)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Re: https://www.perplexity.ai/

Q: Is God-consciousness a feature of human intelligence?

"God-consciousness is a complex concept that intertwines with human intelligence and spirituality. Various perspectives shed light on this intricate relationship ... These sources collectively portray God-consciousness as a profound interplay between human cognition, spirituality, and the divine, reflecting diverse interpretations and philosophical arguments surrounding this intricate concept."

:scratch: So, how does the UB define human intelligence? Let us count the ways ...

"Mortal mind is a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime" (111.1.5)

@ Thus, AI is not a human being and does not have mortal mind (until AI qualifies as "human being") :roll:

"The seven adjutant mind-spirits are the creation of the Divine Minister of a local universe." (34:4.10)

@ Thus, God is known via the adjutant mind-spirits, spirits unavailable to AI "consciousness".

"The Conjoint Actor is the spirit-mind personality, the source of intelligence, reason, and the universal mind." (0:5.5)

@ Thus, intelligence associates directly with mortal mind, non-existent in AI.

:idea: Therefore, AI can have intelligence but not that of superuniverse quality;
AI can never know God but can know of God via human experience. ;)

This adjutant mind link reminds that human intelligence can be further nuanced
(not by AI) even to revelatory quality. Maybe Musk's brain chip technology will some day
be able to intercept adjutant communication, at least as registered in the human brain.
Suddenly, AI-enhanced, adjutant-nuanced human intelligence (AAI) suggests near-term
cosmic GPU (God Processing Unit). :roll

In conclusion :finger: , AI has mind only via the text authored by humans with mortal mind.
However, because of the collection of internet-wide information, AI mind is not necessarily that
of the smartest kids in the classroom. It's more likely the synthesis of class mind, but enhanced
by whatever the AI network and its human monitors contribute next.

A human would say "I think I'm thinking."
AI would say "I assume you're thinking." :lol:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.perplexity.ai/

Q: Does AI have mind?

"AI, or artificial intelligence, is a computer system capable of performing processes associated with the human mind. While AI can emulate many mental processes like driving cars, recognizing faces, or composing music, the question of whether AI can possess consciousness remains complex and debated. Consciousness is a mysterious aspect of human experience that involves subjective awareness and the ability to generate conscious experiences. The current AI technology, including deep neural networks, is considered mindless and far from being conscious :!:

The concept of AI consciousness raises ethical questions about the moral consideration and rights of artificial beings. The debate includes whether AIs should be treated as tools or entities deserving moral consideration based on their potential for subjective awareness. The uncertainty surrounding AI consciousness complicates ethical decision-making regarding the treatment of AI systems. In the scientific community, there is a call for urgent answers regarding AI consciousness. It remains unknown whether conscious AI systems exist or will ever be developed. Detecting consciousness in AI poses significant challenges, and even if an AI system appears conscious, it does not necessarily imply true consciousness."

:idea: Note: Even mortal mind is not consciousness - mind just facilitates consciousness.
Although AI will never have mind*, it can increasingly mimic consciousness, apparently. :roll:

* "Mortal mind is a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings
for use during a material lifetime" (111.1.5)

Also, "through the eyes of the mind endowment" explains that consciousness
is facilitated by mind: "Mind is unity; mortal consciousness lives on the mind level
and perceives the universal realities through the eyes of the mind endowment." (102:2.5)

:bana: Now it makes sense ... :D
We perceive consciousness because of what we perceive with mind.

Prediction: Because mind is not a material reality and because
AI with its increasing intelligence is assumed to have both mind
and consciousness, AI will prove existence of spiritual realities
... when AI is found sans mind and that consciousness. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: 101:4.2's "not necessarily inspired" motivated this early morning research:

(from Oxford Languages) "inspired - of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse."

:idea: Considering the number of dedicated humans (and celestial participants) who worked for many decades
to cause publication of "epochal revelation", "not necessarily inspired" seems celestial viewpoint/semantics.
After all, this labor of love is inspirational and begs "What other human/celestial projects have involved
so many beings and have been so successful in delivering a printed tome of revelatory substance?".

See also: Paper 101 - The Real Nature of Religion, 4. The Limitations of Revelation
https://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P101_4_2

:study: I next consulted group think (this AI) ...

Q: Is revelation inspired?

"Revelation and divine inspiration are distinct concepts in Christianity. Revelation refers to God disclosing truths
to humanity that we would not otherwise know, while divine inspiration involves the recording of God's Word
without error. The Bible, as the authoritative Word of God, is divinely inspired, ensuring the accuracy of what
is recorded, but not every word in it was divinely revealed. Revelation is about giving truth, while divine
inspiration is about recording truth. It is crucial to understand these differences to grasp the nature
of divine communication and the recording of God's Word in Christianity."

:idea: "Revelation is about giving truth" reassures that "not necessarily inspired" is relative commentary.

:study: Then more research on "narrative" ...

Q: Is the Urantia Book narrative theology?

"The Urantia Book is a spiritual, philosophical, and religious book that presents the origin, history,
and destiny of humanity. It is not strictly narrative theology but encompasses a wide range of teachings
and perspectives. The book includes an uplifting narrative of the life and teachings of Jesus, portraying
human beings as sons and daughters of a loving God. It offers new spiritual truths, describes an endless
destiny for humankind, and emphasizes living faith for personal spiritual progress and eternal survival ..."

Q: is the urantia book narrative theology

"The Urantia Book presents an extensive narrative explication of Christian theology, impacting contemporary
beliefs about revelation. It offers a comprehensive view of Deity, spiritual cosmology, and the life and teachings
of Jesus, which are rooted in the New Testament realities. The book is considered a valid source of spiritual truth
by many readers and theologians ..."

:idea: This review (different question formats) suggests that the UB is balanced theology and that its presentation
by some UB aficionados is where focus on narrative would be more beneficial. This also hints new readers perceive
the appropriate perspective (relative to their truth seeking) when they're not influenced by presentation. :roll:

:sunflower: Speaking of "story", the UB as one of five epochal revelations
seems the greatest story ... with more narration expected. ;)

(92:4.4-9) "There have been many events of religious revelation
but only five of epochal significance." with new conjecture:

1. The Dalamatian teachings.
2. The Edenic teachings.
3. Melchizedek of Salem.
4. Jesus of Nazareth.
5. The Urantia Papers.
6. The Magisterial Visitation.
7. Jesus Returns to Inaugurate Light and Life

See also: Paper 92 - The Later Evolution of Religion, 4. The Gift of Revelation
https://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P092_4

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Exploring how Perplexity thinks ...

Q: How does 'aitnaru' relate to 'urantia'?

"The term 'aitnaru' is related to the concept of 'Midwayers' in the Urantia Papers. These Midwayers are classified
with the ascending Sons of God and play a significant role in the spiritual teachings presented in the Urantia Book.
The book describes various aspects of the universe, including the Isle of Paradise as the dwelling place of God,
superuniverses, local universes, and the grand universe. It also delves into the history of Earth, evolution,
human emergence, and societal progression based on divine plans and celestial guidance."

:scratch: Who can tell? Midwayers might communicate in digital spaces. 8)

Q: Does George Barnard know ABC22?

"George Barnard is associated with ABC-22, as mentioned by Midwayer Chief Bzutu*. Additionally,
George Barnard is known for his psychic abilities and connection to a tribe of Spirit Guardians. While
the exact extent of his knowledge about ABC-22 is not explicitly stated in the search results, it is evident
that he has connections to spiritual and psychic realms, which may involve awareness of entities like ABC-22."

* "as per message received by him on June 23, 2010" (response to my next question)

:idea: A good hint where Perplexity gets some of its information. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Q: What is epochal revelation?

"Epochal revelation, as described in The Urantia Book, refers to a concept unique to this text that aims to uplift and expand spiritual consciousness by presenting new knowledge about God. It is considered vital for advancing religion and understanding the history of Earth (Urantia). The Urantia Book claims to be the fifth epochal revelation of 'epochal significance' to humankind, following significant teachings like the Dalamatian teachings, the Edenic teachings, Melchizedek of Salem's teachings, and the life of Jesus Christ. These revelations are believed to have progressively advanced human understanding of spiritual truths and the concept of God."

:idea: Fascinating that the UB is the first choice to explain the term "epochal revelation",
suggesting the new leader in the marketing of religious revelation. That this description
mentions the other epochal revelations is UB dissemination sweetness. 8)

"(Jesus) promised a new revelation of the kingdom on earth and at some future time;
he also promised sometime to come back to this world in person; but he did not say
that these two events were synonymous." (170:4.15)

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Your last post put a big smile on my face tonight. 8)
Thanks Rod.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: About Adjusterless children ...

"Children who die when too young to have Thought Adjusters are repersonalized on the finaliter world of the local systems concomitant with the arrival of either parent on the mansion worlds. A child acquires physical entity at mortal birth, but in the matter of survival all Adjusterless children are reckoned as still attached to their parents." (49:6.12)

"In due course Thought Adjusters come to indwell these little ones, while the seraphic ministry to both groups of the probationary-dependent orders of survival is in general similar to that of the more advanced parent or is equivalent to that of the parent in case only one survives. Those attaining the third circle, regardless of the status of their parents, are accorded personal guardians." (49:6.13)

:idea: 49:6.12 might suggest Adjusterless chilldren do not resurrect if neither parent goes to the mansion worlds. But this would happen only if both parents reject survival during their lifetime. And it seems unlikely that any human on earth would be permitted to reject survival, given that the mansion worlds are designed to compensate for "any and all experiential deprivations" during their lifetime (and which might negatively influence their survival decision):

"On the seven mansion worlds ascending mortals are afforded ample opportunities for compensating any and all experiential deprivations suffered on their worlds of origin, whether due to inheritance, environment, or unfortunate premature termination of the career in the flesh." (45:6.3)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Re: https://adventuresinspiritualliving.com/
"Adventures In Spiritual Living"

"A new site of articles, poems, techniques, and photographs that foster progress
in the spiritual dimension of everyday life."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:hithere An AI that does its homework :!:

Q: Why does the Urantia Book say that it is epochal revelation?

"The Urantia Book describes itself as the 'fifth epochal revelation' to the mortal races of Urantia (Earth). According to the book, there have been five major revelations of truth throughout human history on Earth:

1. The Dalamatian teachings - The true concept of the First Source and Center (God) was first promulgated on Urantia by the one hundred corporeal members of the Planetary Prince's staff. This revelation lasted for over 300,000 years.

2. The Edenic teachings - Adam and Eve again portrayed the concept of the Universal Father to the evolutionary peoples. However, the disruption of the first Eden halted the course of this Adamic revelation before it was fully realized.

3. The Melchizedek teachings - This emergency Son of Nebadon inaugurated the third revelation of truth on Urantia. The cardinal precepts of his teachings were trust and faith in the omnipotent beneficence of God.

4. The teachings of Jesus - Christ Michael presented the concept of God as the Universal Father for the fourth time on Urantia. The essence of his teaching was love and service.

5. The Urantia Papers - This fifth epochal revelation differs from all previous ones, as it is not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many celestial beings. It aims to complete and expand upon the previous revelations, especially the teachings of Jesus.

The Urantia Book states that these epochal revelations are distinct from the 'evolutionary religion' that develops naturally over time, and serve to periodically enlighten and uplift human understanding of spiritual truths. The fifth epochal revelation is presented as the most recent and comprehensive of these divine interventions on Urantia."