An All-Pervading Thought

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

An All-Pervading Thought

Post by overmind »

I have noticed this trend in my own thinking during meditation. When I advance my God-consciousness in stillness and try to identify myself as part of the Whole, I can't help occasionally identifying myself as the Whole. And when the Whole is interpreted as an all-pervading consciousness, God, I accidentally identify myself as God. "I am God" sometimes appears in my head. Now since I am hooked into the Father's personality circuit, play a direct role in the growth of the Supreme, and work with a fragment of the Father I will eventually fuse with, it's not too obscure that these thoughts pop up. But as someone who tries to devote himself to the Father, it feels to me like such thoughts are also disrespectful. So sometimes meditation ends in a guilt trip that isn't very healthy.

Has anyone else had similar issues?
Welles
Family

Re: An All-Pervading Thought

Post by Welles »

Hey, don't worry about it Overmind. When your emotions grasp the fact that there are about a bazillion personalities in Creation and almost all of them are smarter than any of us who are just starting out you'll look back at your youthful follies like that with a big grin and a sigh of relief. :bana:

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I can't say that this has happened to me before Arthur. Although it makes perfect sense that it could happen and as a person who grew up in a religion that constantly reminded us of how sinful we were, I can understand the guilt feelings. But I think they are unfounded as we have been told countless times that we are all one, that we are all made up of the same stuff as the stars and that the entire universe, or at least the fabric of it, flows from Paradise. With the particle of God within, we are one with the Father when we fuse...
Could it have been your God Within speaking to you? He is God you know, or at least a part of the this fabulous, infinite, all knowing magnanimous being. :)

I know...I'm no help at all... LOL
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

No idea Sandy. The idea usually comes from the philosophy or religion of impersonal Deity. Those with consciousness (and possessing that idea) could easily consider themselves as part of God, as God could simply be the totality of everything alive in the universe. I know that when the occasional thought comes through, in my mind it is saying that I am equal to the Father, which is obviously untrue. Perhaps it is the Thought Adjuster leaking into my own internal dialogue, but I can't really say. It may simply be a linguistic accident.

Anyway, it doesn't matter a whole lot since God knows my intentions. :)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I think we also need to keep in mind that God also knows that He/She is God and has no reason to be, shall we say, "threatened" by anything that should ever come out of any of our tiny little mouths or brains. ;) :lol:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

No, but I like being courteous to those who deserve it.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:D True... and this "Big Guy" certainly deserves all the accolades. :)