A Search in Secret India

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

A Search in Secret India

Post by Geoff »

By Dr. Paul Brunton. Published initially in 1935. Republished more recently.

Really good readable book. Its a pity I did not read this before I read "Autobiography of a Yogi" as I think that this writer has hit the nail on the head with his comment that Indian authors have a tendency to mix myth with fact. The last and certainly the most impressive Yogi he meets is reluctant to say much. But absolutely amazing in what he does say. In point of fact his message regarding meditation is 100% the same as what is the basis of Eckhart Tolle's bestselling book : "The Power of Now". The point is that if you become a "watcher" the ego is defeated, and the soul is in control of your life.

I recommend this absolutely to anyone planning to read any thing about Indian or Tibetan yogi. And yes, he sees things that no one can explain.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: A Search in Secret India

Post by nasra1996 »

Thanks Geoff..

Eckhart Toll is really calming to listen to lol, sends you into a sleepy state.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/EckhartTeac ... uk_AO8Vgr0

:loves
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Sarah,

It was curious that in Turkey, the birthplace of "Rumi" he is called "Mevlana" or "MAWLANA". I attended a real "Whirling Dervish" session, and was able to talk to one afterwards, via our guide. He was very "Islamic" in his replies to questions, and I could not really determine if he really feels anything wonderful while whirling, but I rather have the impression that "Rumi" did. He said that no one can know if "Allah" values what they do. I chose not to argue.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

He said that no one can know if "Allah" values what they do. I chose not to argue.

Hi Geoff... yeah, not sure what he was thinking either.. :) although there is a saying used, i'm a bit rusty these days, i think it's "Al alam" .. ? meaning only Allah / God knows or only God holds all knowledge, its a bit like humbling yourself totally to your master in hope, being overly humble i guess... :)

Much Love and peace

Sarah :loves
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB