Love & Hearts

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Love & Hearts

Post by Seeker13 »

Love And Hearts
February 5, 2022

Life in families, is messy.
It is ups and downs, ins and outs.
Someone always needs.
Wants, often not easy to fill.
Stamina wanes with age.

Sounds crazy to some, but not to me,
I've always truly loved children,
even when they were hard to love.
Raising my own,
didn't know love could grow bigger than my own heart.

After having grandchildren, quickly realized,
For sleepovers a California King, isn't nearly big enough.
There's always a plea for one more book.
Needn't look for my smile, beyond those big trusting eyes.
Life in families is messy, and

love knows no bounds,...
lucky me.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Love & Hearts

Post by happyrain »

thanks Kim, it seems like you are family oriented where service is a reward in itself. that's very admirable. one day I'll have a child.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Love it Kim. :happy

I look forward to hearing "one more book" from my own grandsons within the next year. :sunflower: :bana:

Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi guys,
As you both know families are not without their challenges. I really like to let the negative stuff go, and focus on the bliss. Maybe I'm simply being selfish as that makes me so happy!

This poem was inspired on a sleepover night. Usually Clementine(7) ends up sleeping in my bed. Her little sister(3) some how manages to be too bouncy on the double bed air mattress on my floor. This night Nova asked ever so sweetly(honestly this girl's face and eyes could have inspired the image of the cherubs), "Grandma can I sleep in your bed tonight? It's so comfy!" Well, there's no saying no to that! Lol, not that I would anyway. Even though after years of experience, it was likely I would be getting very little sleep. She was in my bed while her older sister had the whole air mattress to herself. We settled in, when I heard movement and soft snufflings coming from Clementine. After asking many times if she was alright and checking on her. Both Nova and I got down on the floor to talk with her, even after several denials, I knew she was crying. Through nonverbal communication, sometimes it's hard to talk even to a beloved grandma. I finally realized the cause of her heartache. She simply wanted to sleep up with us, bless her little heart. :cry:

Think of my bed as being like the one in the John Denver song, 'Grandma's Feather Bed.' We originally bought it to hold two adults, three kids, a couple of dogs and a cat all at once. Now it seems a little ridiculous most times as the three kids are grown, there's only one dog, no cat, and the turtles have their own space. It's more likely to be the perfect location for a pillow fight than for sleeping. But, this night I explained, "Honey, there's plenty of room for all of us!" That's all it took, in a few seconds she was all tucked in and asleep... The little one though, was another story. “Can I snuggle with you Grandma 'cause I just love you so much?!” That means first two legs over my stomach, then an arm across my face, then two legs across my face! I was smiling the whole time as this brought back such sweet memories. By the time she snuggled herself to sleep, I was left with two inches on the very edge(keep in mind I'm no where near a two inch wide person)of a California King bed! Ah, well. I slipped out of the room to the quiet of my computer, wrote this poem, and played several games of solitaire. Two hours later I pushed up my sleeves, rolled her little body over a few times, reclaiming my space.

Sandy, I hope you get to read bedtime stories to your grandsons to your heart's content, and so very much more! Eric my hope is you'll find your family to fill your heart and all your years. It's a warm wonderful journey.

Love to you both,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Okay Now I am going to be falling asleep with the sound of John Denver's, "Grandma's Feather Bed" on my brain. :sunflower:

Here is a fun rendition of it on YouTube for those who are not familiar with this song....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH_tYxY8AKE

Good night you guys! QUIET DOWN over there and get some sleep! ;) :lol:

love you all,
Sandy
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
LUV2
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
That's great advice! I'm off to take a nap, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Love,
Kim