I Worried

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

I Worried

Post by happyrain »

by Mary Oliver

A very special person sent me this and I thought it was worth sharing here. :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: I Worried

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric :happy
I found this poem very comforting as my worrying had recently reached uncharted heights. I think like the poem, essentially it became finally obvious the uselessness of worry. Life is what it is and I decided I will just try to just do the best I can here and let the chips fall as they will.

Your friend's poem was like confirmation I was on the right track and practicing better thinking with peace of mind the objective.

So yeah... :sunflower: Thanks for posting this!

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Sandy,

I am glad you enjoyed it.

Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
The last stanza set the others free! How many times and ways have we been told the futility of this all consuming act?... And yet, for some of us it seems to be woven into the fabric of our very being? Perhaps, the conquering of this one destructive behavior is all some of us can hope to accomplish during this soul building Correcting Time?

Sandy,
Okay, let's link arms, take a deep breath, shammezal and schmmazel our old bods out into the morning and sing! And of course dance with Mr. Banana Man under the newly blooming lilacs! :bana: :sunflower: :bana:

:loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Okay, let's link arms, take a deep breath, shammezal and schmmazel our old bods out into the morning and sing! And of course dance with Mr. Banana Man under the newly blooming lilacs! :bana: :sunflower: :bana:
Who would have thought that an old "seventies" and early "eighties" show(Laverne and Shirly) could contain such long term wisdom. :)
Do you remember that song they often sang... Here it is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltx_C5UeOe4

Words to live by eh?

:bana:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.