known lost and unknown

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

known lost and unknown

Post by happyrain »

the touch of your love moves through me like a phantom
scent of inspiring beauty, and i may never know
fully
what propels me forward as i drink my fill
dancing in chains
until the dregs of a heavy heart cripple me again
and again
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: known lost and unknown

Post by Sandy »

Beautiful and mournful and beautiful again. I resonate with this poem and long for the day those heavy chains are off for good.
Until then come loving spirit come. Let's dance! :happy

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

thank you sandy,
whispers from spirit
the guiding force in us all, speaks to me
matching tune to my own curiosity
here god speaks through inayat khan
the western master of universal sufism

as if on cue with my current residence
Commentary by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Man, absorbed from morning till evening in his occupations which engage his every attention to the things of the earth and of self interest, remains intoxicated. Seldom there are moments in his life, brought about by pain or suffering, when he experiences a state of mind which can be called soberness. Hindus call this state of mind sat, which is a state of tranquility. Man then begins to become conscious of some part of his being which he finds to have almost covered his eyes. When we look at life from this point of view we find that an individual who claims to be a living being is not necessarily living a full life. It is only a realization of inner life which at every moment unveils the soul, and brings before man another aspect of life in which he finds fullness, a greater satisfaction, and a rest which gives true peace.

Can he speak about this to his fellow men? And if he does, what can he say? Can he say, 'I am purer,' or 'more exalted than you' or 'I understand life better than you?' As life unfolds itself to man the first lesson it teaches is humility; the first thing that comes to man's vision is his own limitedness. The vaster God appears to him, the smaller he finds himself. This goes on and on until the moment comes when he loses himself in the vision of God. In terms of the Sufis this is called fana, and it is this process that was taught by Christ under the name of self-denial. Often man interprets this teaching wrongly and considers renunciation as self-denial. He thinks that the teaching is to renounce all that is in the world. But although that is a way and an important step which leads to true self-denial, the self-denial meant is the losing oneself in God.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_7.htm

~~~ True self-denial is losing one's self in God.
https://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_new.php

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting the exert from Hazrat Inayat Khan.
He writes...
Hindus call this state of mind sat, which is a state of tranquility. Man then begins to become conscious of some part of his being which he finds to have almost covered his eyes. When we look at life from this point of view we find that an individual who claims to be a living being is not necessarily living a full life. It is only a realization of inner life which at every moment unveils the soul, and brings before man another aspect of life in which he finds fullness, a greater satisfaction, and a rest which gives true peace.
Do you think this is what is called in some "places", "The peace that passes all understanding? :happy

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
I've read and reread this poem and all the post that have followed, trying to capture the essence of your intent. It always amazes me how you can relay volumes in just a few short words.
happyrain wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:43 pm the touch of your love moves through me like a phantom
scent of inspiring beauty, and i may never know
fully
what propels me forward as i drink my fill
dancing in chains
until the dregs of a heavy heart cripple me again
and again
Such a beautiful,...painful,...insightful description of a spiritual journey. Would it be alright with you if I copied it?
:loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

dear sandy,

most likely. no mind huh. =) sometimes i think i need to learn to become familiar with, beyond mind. the mind goes with the body when our time is up...

ah, peace... i have been feeling this peace from people and dreams and in moments of introspection.

dear kim,
thank you for your kind words. i'm glad you found some inspiration. of course you can use to your liking. it would be exciting if you wanted to change some things around too.

i'd say i'm the man inayat khan is describing. that is to mean, often ignorant- suffering as a consequence of selfishness. in my rock bottom sobriety i find my soul reaching out to god-

the connection is amazing. :loves but to quote shantideva,
"I do not desire suffering; yet, fool that I am, I desire the cause of suffering."

we needn't be rock bottom to enjoy or sense the presence. i know the both of you know this. but how often are we tested and blindsided? i'm being redirected to prayer. a game changer where faith and personal relationship are further developed for sure. it's a beautiful thing.

god, the one guru, guiding all souls. the only virtue we need to practice is being conscious of god.

for the both of you, here is something i read that really hit home:
"this fire we call Loving is too strong for human minds. but just right for human souls." -Aberjhani
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
No sir, I would not change someone else's words, no more than I would try to silence their voice... besides, the words you used were exceptional!
happyrain wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 ami'd say i'm the man inayat khan is describing. that is to mean, often ignorant- suffering as a consequence of selfishness."
Making the realization of our selfishness is the first step to overcoming our ignorance, therefore our suffering... right? So much easier said than done for most of us, I'd say. So many layers of ignorance we have to identify and admit to, before finding our personal responsibility in our life situations.
happyrain wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 amto quote shantideva,"I do not desire suffering; yet, fool that I am, I desire the cause of suffering."
A perfect description of addiction!
happyrain wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 amin my rock bottom sobriety i find my soul reaching out to god- the connection is amazing.
How amazing for you to be able to experience that! And even if we slip and slide backward, we have the memory of that feeling of elation of a pure connection, making it easier each time we slip. It becomes clearer and clearer, that feeling cannot be found in materialism of our addiction, but in our own efforts of turning inward and reaching out to God.
happyrain wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 amwe needn't be rock bottom to enjoy or sense the presence. i know the both of you know this. but how often are we tested and blindsided? i'm being redirected to prayer. a game changer where faith and personal relationship are further developed for sure. it's a beautiful thing.
And even though we know this, we still fall into the traps we set up for ourselves. I think we're constantly being tested, because we're bombarded by the push and pull of the physical reality we live in... And prayer is so easy isn't it? Taking so little effort to ask for love and healing for ourselves and anyone else that comes to mind who may be suffering. It is truly a beautiful thing, so happy for you to have been able to recognize it!
happyrain wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 amgod, the one guru, guiding all souls. the only virtue we need to practice is being conscious of god.
Simple, concise, devoid of complication.
happyrain wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 am"this fire we call Loving is too strong for human minds. but just right for human souls." -Aberjhani
Another beautiful thing you've shared with us.

Thanks Eric, tonight I believe you were my teacher,

KIm
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.