The Best Game the Fairies Play

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

I'm not a poet. Yet as a "littlie", I dearly loved the poetry in volume 1 poems for children in the Child craft set.

Kim asked for someone to post a poem ...so bear with me as I share with you a poem that I loved from long ago. It is lighthearted and not really categorised as spiritual unless you consider the wealth of beings well known and unknown that we share this magnificent universe with. As a child it was one of my favourites.
Please feel free to share poems that are special to you. Make sure you give credit to the author and permission is given to share with others.

( I used to giggle at the "clutch your things part.) :roll: :lol:

BY ROSE FYLEMAN

The best game the fairies play,
The best game of all,
Is sliding down steeples—
(You know they’re very tall).
You fly to the weathercock,
And when you hear it crow,
You fold your wings and clutch your things
And then let go!
They have a million other games—
Cloud-catching’s one,
And mud-mixing after rain
Is heaps and heaps of fun;
But when you go and stay with them
Never mind the rest,
Take my advice—they’re very nice,
But steeple-sliding’s best!
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Best Game the Fairies Play

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I love it!!! :bana: :bana: :sunflower: :bana: :bana: Can't you see our grandkids sliding down a steeple! Followed by you, I'll be catching everyone in giant tulip blossoms... attached to trees with spider webs, then slingshot them to the moon for lunch!... You know to eat green cheese with the Man In The Moon! The teapot and toast will be in their backpacks.... No sweetened stuff, can you imagine what that would do to a kid on the moon! We'd have to tie a kite string to their ankles so they didn't fly away... Unless they wanted to of course, and we wanted to go with them. We'd better have a backpack too!
Sandy wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:47 amI'm not a poet.
:? I beg to differ. I believe everyone has at least one poem in them. And if you can love poetry like you have since childhood, and nature, and your fellow man... Once you send away those nay saying niggling voices... Maybe they just need a quick ride to the moon?! Anyway, after that, sat quietly and thought about your favorite things, the verses would start coming and maybe never stop!

I think, "Life is just waiting to wax poetically!" :roll

Here's to all the poets! The world is waiting to hear what you have to say.

:loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Best Game the Fairies Play

Post by Sandy »

Kim wrote:
I love it!!! :bana: :bana: :sunflower: :bana: :bana: Can't you see our grandkids sliding down a steeple! Followed by you, I'll be catching everyone in giant tulip blossoms... attached to trees with spider webs, then slingshot them to the moon for lunch!... You know to eat green cheese with the Man In The Moon! The teapot and toast will be in their backpacks.... No sweetened stuff, can you imagine what that would do to a kid on the moon! We'd have to tie a kite string to their ankles so they didn't fly away... Unless they wanted to of course, and we wanted to go with them. We'd better have a backpack too!
I see a painting in what you say...you know the fun magical kind that we as children would have appreciated... you know, full of wonder... Hey maybe even a children's story eh?
:lol:
:? I beg to differ. I believe everyone has at least one poem in them. And if you can love poetry like you have since childhood, and nature, and your fellow man... Once you send away those nay saying niggling voices... Maybe they just need a quick ride to the moon?! Anyway, after that, sat quietly and thought about your favourite things, the verses would start coming and maybe never stop!

I think, "Life is just waiting to wax poetically!" :roll
Okay, bright star, I will do as you say, maybe down by the lake under my beloved Shea Oaks. You never know..."maybe I'm a poet and didn't know it." :roll: ;) :oops: :lol:

Enjoy the final days of September. :bana:
:loves
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.