Illusion

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Illusion

Post by happyrain »

Dear One

Neither life or death
But from me you are born

Neither male or female
But from me you are born

Neither happy or sad, right or wrong
Nor day or night
But from me you are born

Lo!
This world is but a dream

I Am beginning and end
and from me You are born
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: Illusion

Post by Sandy »

I am off to bed but decided to wait and read your poem first. So glad I did..."From me you were born." That phrase envelopes me with a quiet peace and comfort...perfect for restful sleep and beautiful dreams..
Thank you Eric....
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Was this a channeled poem? Soul touching...

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thank you Sandy and Kim.
Kim,
I hadn't replied fast enough with my initial response and lost the information. :oops: To try and answer your question, I am inspired lately by Yogananda's commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, the synchronized messages from Inayat Khan and the desire to experience God union.
The book is called "God Talks With Arjuna The Bhagavad Gita Royal Science of God-Realization"
Yogananda says, "Wherever one is on the way back to God, the Gita will shed its light on that segment of the journey."
Chapter 1 Verse 10 page 100
"The soul, having regained supreme command of the consciousness says: 'I was never anything but joyous Spirit; I only imagined for a time that I was mortal man being imprisoned by delusive limitations and sensory temptations.

...Attaining samadhi or oneness with God is the only method by which the ego consciousness can be completely defeated."

and page 102
"The savikalpa and nirvikalpa states of samadhi are described in the following ancient Hindu song:

In savikalpa samadhi yoga
You will drown yourself (ego) in Yourself (Spirit);
In nirvikalpa samadhi yoga
You will find yourself (ego) in Yourself (Spirit)

"
Yesterday I had thoughts of relativity that followed me into sleep. I woke up at 3AM and decided to write out those unfinished thoughts. I had so much energy I tried meditating. Just 10-15 minutes in I felt a presence, saw a streak of white light in my peripherals and experienced an onset of chills. I hesitated from a fear. Continual practice in Stillness and desire to move forward is slowly helping me overcome.

:sunflower: Here's to not losing this post :lol:
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
I sympathize completely on hoping to not loosing a post. :finger: I rarely complete one in the time allotted and try to always remember to copy my post before submitting. There's a lot to be said for being present.

It is very apparent you've been inspired to be spiritually seeking! It's like having the privilege of watching a flower blossom! So happy for you that it seems you've found a path to be so thought provoking, illuminating and fulfilling. The synchronizations help to affirm you're looking in the right place for you don't they?
happyrain wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:01 am Yesterday I had thoughts of relativity that followed me into sleep. I woke up at 3AM and decided to write out those unfinished thoughts. I had so much energy I tried meditating. Just 10-15 minutes in I felt a presence, saw a streak of white light in my peripherals and experienced an onset of chills. I hesitated from a fear. Continual practice in Stillness and desire to move forward is slowly helping me overcome.
I'm jumping up and down for you! Moving beyond fear is the beginning isn't it? I realize through the multitude of experiences with spirit that have been handed to me, fear has been the principle reason of pulling me back, holding me back, keeping me trapped from realizing who I really am, both as a material and spiritual being. Throughout the years as I dare to step a toe outside my circle of fear, breaking down those stifling barriers, more and more really looking around, it dawns on me, "Everyone is afraid."

If I can be brave enough to trust what those experiences have been trying to tell me, "There are no limits! You are so much more than you allow yourself to be!... You are loved." I'm discovering the world from an entirely different perspective, allowing happiness and love into my life like never before.

Here's to the journey for all of us!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Lately, the Gita and this poem have sparked a bit of a revelation, telling me more what we're not. There is one teacher, one guiding light and Spirit is speaking to us all. "Illusion" is a fitting title given the lesson. In God Talks With Arjuna,Yogananda elaborates on the difference between Soul and psuedosoul also known as the Ego. It's page 107 titled Expanded Commentary: The Nature of the Ego. It's basically saying that time again man mistakenly identifies himself with his experience. We are not our pain or joy but from them we identify these experiences as our own. I don't think there's anything wrong with this but this revelation, knowing what we are not, helps me in tough times.
I will quote some of the writing from Yogananda for those who don't have this book,
When a person says that he is blind, that is a misnomer. The eyes are blind. If my eyes are gone, am I gone also? No. If I lost my hand, I would not say that I am gone. The delusion of the ego is such that in spite of man's best rationalization, he cannot help but identify the "I," the experiecer, with the experiencing. It is because of this identification that the ego impresses human consciousness with the idea of change and impermanency. Yet, if everything is removed- thoughts, sensations, emotions, the body itself- the "I" would still remain. By what power does the "I" know it exists, bereft of all else? By the intuitive power of the true eternal Self, the soul.
I hope it helps.

~ Peace & Blessings ~