Monjoronson and the Madhi

We will post here messages received about the coming of Monjoronson.
artguys
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Monjoronson and the Madhi

Post by artguys »

I'm going to go out on a limb here, not to try and convince anyone of anything, but to let you know that there might be another reference from more than 1300 years ago concerning the advent of our next great teacher, Monjoronson. The connection is from some of the teachings of Islam and the coming of "the Madhi." Outside of the Urantia Book, this is the only reference to such a figure that I have heard of.

The first mention of the Madhi is in 686 CE, by the Muslim leader Mukhtar Thaqafi, for Muhammad bni l-Hanafiya. The main principle of the Mahdi is that he is a figure that is absolutely guided by God. This guidance is stronger form of guidance than normal, human guidance, which usually involves willfully acting according to the guidance of God. The Mahdi on the other hand, has nothing of this human element, and his acts will be in complete accordance with God's will. He is not led by God, He embodies God's will.

The Mahdi, and his mission, are not mentioned in the Quran, and there is practically nothing to be found among the reliable hadiths (the sayings of the Prophet). The idea of the Mahdi appears to be a development in the first 2-3 centuries of Islam.

In the case of the Shia Mahdi, scholars have suggested that there is clearly inspiration coming from the Messiah of Christianity and its ideas of a judgement day in the hands of a religious renewer. The Madhi will instigate a global judgement day.

The Mahdi is expected to come prior to the return of Jesus and will bring peace on earth to all mankind and He will rule for some length of time (that is subject to considerable variation depending on the source). He is expected to appear a full grown man, not born as a child. He is expected to be a teacher, not a prophet. He is expected to eventually stand with Jesus in prayer before all men.

There are discrepancies between the various sects of Islam. The projected activities of the Madhi concentrate on the mideast countries primarily. But why wouldn't they given that most of the world was not known in the time of the predictions. But the concept of this great teacher seems to be pretty widely accepted in general terms within Islam.

Interesting, No? I thought that the parallels were worth noting.

Yours,

William
It is my prayer that the maturing relationship between human beings, God and our home in space will continue to strengthen and all of us will embrace the extraordinary Divine Love being offered.
AJ
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by AJ »

That is very interesting and does sound similar!
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear William,

That is incredibly interesting.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
nasra1996

hi

Post by nasra1996 »

It is very interesting. But i must first point out, The emergence of the Mahdi, is mentioned by Prophet Mohammed in many Hadiths (sayings):

"The promised Mahdi will be among my family. God will make provisions for his emergence within a single night".

There are many versions of the same Hadiths, He doesnt really say much more about him. As far as i am aware.

From what i have read, there will be two prophets or teachers that will emerge in the future. The first one will be Mahdi and the other is Jesus. The Mahdi will emerge and reveal a new book/teachings. He will renew the established religions and laws of our time, including Islam and the Shariah law, because they will be so courrupted. Muslims will reject him because his version of Islam will differ to theirs. He will be a manifestation of God, but not God himself. (I think thats right).

He will emerge when the deserts of Arabia will grow grass, and will help the Iraqi people. He will be joined by Jesus later, and they will establish prayer together.

Its all very confusing and so many versions.

Love Sarah
nasra1996

hi

Post by nasra1996 »

He will emerge from the East, or some say, Sumeria in Iraq. It is also of no surprise to me that he and Jesus should emerge in the middle east, this was after all the homeland of Jesus, and especially Iraq, being one of many sacred grounds in history. He is even described in apprearance as being tall, of fair, red complexion, with a large forehead and prominent nose (Mahdi). I dont know if Monjoronson and the Mahdi are the same, but they do sound similar, well almost......

Love Sarah.
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi William,

Yes, very interesting...many similarities.

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Here is a thread from Beliefnet discussing the Imam Mehdi. The Last Days

Interesting they associate this with the last days. But this stuff is as bad as Revelations:
The Christians will collect armies from all corners to resist the Muslims. The Muslims will also make preparations. The Muslim army shall have eighty banners and under each banner there will be twelve thousand soldiers. Imam Mehdi will march from Mecca to Medina and after visitng the tomb of the Holy Prophet [sm] , will proceed towards damascus in syria. the christian army will also advance to confront Him. The Army of Imam Mehdi will split into three groups - one will desert, the second will be killed in the battle and ultimately the third will be victorious by the grace of Allah. the Imam will establish His rule over the country. then he will advance towards constantinople, on reaching the river rome, He will depute seventy thousand soldiers from the clan of Abu Ishaq to attack the city. on reaching the parapats of the city the soldiers will cry out "Allahu-Akbar" and by its blessings the walls of the city will fall down and they will enter the city. killing the infidels, they will conquer the city. They will rule with justice and fairness and will restore order. all this will be done within six or seven years after the pledges taken by Imam Mehdi
love,
Geoff.
artguys
New Friend

Post by artguys »

Yes, the associations with the "end times" and the antichrist are definitely a part of the lore that surrounds the coming of the Mahdi in Islam. In presenting the idea of the Mahdi, I chose to ignore that aspect of it as I choose to ignore the association of the second coming of Jesus with the ideas of the rapture and armageddon.

There are, however, aspects of the characteristics of this being (the Mahdi) that seem compelling in light of what we are taught about Monjoronson. The Mahdi is also supposed to ultimately bring peace on earth in preparation for the second coming. He embodies the will of God. He will appear rather than being born a child....

Partial truth seems to be an intrinsic part of spiritual learning. We are given what we need in our time. And even what we are given, we have tended to corrupt. Have we not seen that the Urantia Book requires amendments? Within the UB are many, many references to teachings not revealed. And is not our perspective limited by our position in the material as we address understanding the morontial and spiritual? As mortals, how can we ever have a complete picture of truth within these limitations?

I believe that the idea of the end times in Christianity and in Islam is a residual teaching that draws on the idea that if you are not a "true believer" that you will be damned to hell, subject to the end of times, etc. Fear has, historically, been a great motivator for a people who were not able to embrace the profound love of the Divine as the ulitmate motivator.

As we continue to mature in our learning as individuals and as a culture(s), and as the teachers find new ways to show us our individual paths to the Source and Center of all things, the way of love and truth will always supplant the ways of fear and damnation. The concept of a loving and merciful Diety at the center of all things will eventually supplant the idea of a vengeful and stern God.

What you have sited, Geoff, is one of many, many interpretations of the Mahdi and what his coming will bring us. I would venture to say that nobody really has a good handle on this and that believers in the coming Mahdi will swear that their understanding is the only true interpretation.

William
It is my prayer that the maturing relationship between human beings, God and our home in space will continue to strengthen and all of us will embrace the extraordinary Divine Love being offered.
AJ
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by AJ »

Very good point William!
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
nasra1996

hi

Post by nasra1996 »

The emergence of the Mahdi in Islam does not really mark the coming of the end of the world, when you read it, you should'nt take it literally, even Jesus's arrival will not mark the end either. Mahdi and Jesus in Islam, will come to earth but will then leave again. The Quran never gives a date or time on anything, when it says 7 years, it could loosely mean 70 or 7,000 etc, if you understand Arabic, (which i dont), you would realise this. Anything you read about the Mahdi has probably been written by men after the Prophets death. So i wouldnt take it all in. Prophet Muhammad just told his people: A man will arrive after me and before Jesus; He will emerge from the East; He will be a great teacher and establish a renewed version of montheistic faith or teachings; People will fight him because they will reject him; He will ultimately bring peace to the world or Middle east; People should flock to see him, if they dont live near him they should crawl on their bellies, even over ice just to be near him, (dont understand that one) maybe it refers to western people; He will be joined by Jesus much later and they will establish prayer together. Thats the basics of it, the rest could be made up. As far as the end of the world is concerned, that could be any time, it has nothing to do with Mahdi or Jesus - in Islam, there will be other events that will occur before that happens which will be, a beast that will come from the earth, and the Gog and Magog will emerge, ( the Gog and Magog story is similar to the War of the Worlds film, the enemy will emerge from the ground and scatter over the earth and they will be destroyed by a worm, then the birds will come to pick at them ), I just discoverd that one yesterday. No one knows what they are and when it will happen it could be hundreds of thousands of years from now or next year. According to Islam. Even that doesnt mean the end either, the end comes with cosmic disorder, not wars. And thats Gods will.

It also depends what is meant by the end of this world, destruction by a vengeful God or the birth of a new existence or renewal.

Sarah
artguys
New Friend

Post by artguys »

Geoff wrote:
Interesting they associate this with the last days. But this stuff is as bad as Revelations:
As bad as Revelations.... Yes. Given the number and breadth of interpretations that I've read, I would agree that the level of understanding is just as confused as Revelations. If you can imagine the receivers of such a prophecy 1300 years ago trying to put words to what they experienced in their visions, they could only refer to what they knew and had words for.

What they knew was practically constant warfare. So the idea of any kind of worldwide struggle could really only be seen in the context of battles, victory and defeat.

Whereas Revelations is a greatly distorted, edited and a partial recounting of what was received, the idea of the Mahdi is complicated by not having a single, definitive source and many, selective interpretations.

In our current position of having access to so much information about history and the fact that we know about a great big world out there with many diverse cultures, we should be especially careful to view historical teachings through the lens of understanding.

Once again I'll say that it is the broader concept that I am interested in conveying to folks. The specifics of interpretation are a quicksand that can suck away what may be a long ago seen greater truth being reiterated in a different form through the new teachings.

William
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Well its a pity its got so distorted. But it would be intriguing if Monjoronson turned up first in an Islamic society. Frankly other than the issue of violence, they would be more accepting I suspect than a "christian" Western society. Hopefully we will soon know the answer.

love,
Geoff.
nasra1996

hi

Post by nasra1996 »

It doesnt really matter what kind of society is there when he arrives, Islam will be in such a state, by the time of his arrival that you wouldnt tell the difference from any other place, its already heading that way now, the next generation of muslims are very weak and Islam is fading away and will become just a culture. The Mahdi or Monjoronson will establish new teachings for everyone, after all, the prophets all came from this region in history, why be any different today. Who knows???????????

Love Sarah
artguys
New Friend

Post by artguys »

I have to say that I am so pleased to have been able to contribute to this particular forum. It is always were I look first when I come to this message board, to see if there is anything new. I'm so impressed that Monjoronson will be among us in the flesh. It is one of the things in this life that has truly put me in a state of awe. The ramifications are mind boggling and surely beyond my imagination - and I have a very active imagination!

William
Judy
Old Friend

Post by Judy »

Geoff said:
But it would be intriguing if Monjoronson turned up first in an Islamic society.
I agree Geoff. This has been in my thought patterns for quite some time now and this thread feeds those thought patterns in so much as I "know" nothing but so many things here ring in a match to things that have come to my mind out of the blue. I have never heard of "Mahdi " or any of the prophecy before this. It is certainly food for thought and another area to keep our eyes and discernment open and fully aware.
Love Judy................M.
If the faith of the Most High has entered your heart, then shall you abide free from fear throughout all the days of your life. (The Urantia Book, p. 1443, par. 5)
midnight503

Post by midnight503 »

Frankly other than the issue of violence, they would be more accepting I suspect than a "christian" Western society.
And I got censored for a Middle East reference?!

Actually...I don't think either group as organized bodies who have vested interest in maintaining their own personal power bases is going to be too thrill over the Planetary Prince's appearance, much less his message to 'cease and desist' all this silly bickering. After all, there is only One Source and Center no matter what name you call him.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

midnight503 wrote:
Frankly other than the issue of violence, they would be more accepting I suspect than a "christian" Western society.
And I got censored for a Middle East reference?!

Actually...I don't think either group as organized bodies who have vested interest in maintaining their own personal power bases is going to be too thrill over the Planetary Prince's appearance, much less his message to 'cease and desist' all this silly bickering. After all, there is only One Source and Center no matter what name you call him.
Dear midnight503,

How are you managing to post here as a guest? I have checked all the site settings, and even logged myself out, and I cannot post without being registered?

love,
Geoff.

Post by Guest »

Don't ask me. Apparently, somehow, my account got deleted. I think when that happens it automatically changes all post to 'guest'. Should be ok now. I just had to re-register.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Midnight503,

Thanks for the answer. I was so puzzled I posted a support question. I will have to ask George, maybe he deleted your account. I have been away for the week end.

love,
Geoff.
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

Let me make this crystal clear Midnight503,

You are not on this board to point out who is the aggressor, and who turns the world into chaos... which is a sacred nation and which are terrorists. such is political inference not allowed on this board.

It is counterproductive, and if it re-occurs you will be banned.

You're on thin ice.

George Barnard.

Post by Guest »

Whoa. Chill. I don't know what I said that you thought was pointing a finger. I was talking about a factual event that is on going. Some other poster make a comment about 'christian' society and their evaluation of it's ability to adapt to a world led by Monjoronson. I was just noting the hypocracy of my recent spanking over discussing the situation.

George, I just came here to see what other's were saying about Midwayer contacts. I didn't start any of these discussions and I've tried to understand what you were refering to (which wasn't easy as I don't have the original post you found offensive). Look...I don't have a problem if you don't want politics discussed. I'm OK with that. It's your board anyway.

But what I don't get is this sudden barrage at me.

I'm kinda in shock because it isn't something I expected having read your book and your website. I'm a little hurt over it.

But hey....it's your message board...and If you don't want me here...I'll leave.

Sorry you got offended. I understand there are lots of disbelieving people and folks who would just like to cause you trouble because they believe something different. I'm not one of them. I think you jumped to a conclusion a little too quick. In my line of work as a Police Officer....I'm not allowed to do that....and I have to listen to everyone's opinion.....even if I totally disagree with it.

Take care. I guess I'll see you on the flip side....or not.....it probably doesn't have any cosmic significance either way.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

His name was John G. He was a policeman in the early 1960's, a member of the town's police choir, and seriously financially overextended.

To make up for the monthly shortfall, 'Big John' regularly put in many hours in my factory, and it was amazing what fine detailed work came from his 'shovels' of hands. On some occasions John and I made up a team on one of our big presses.

John: "We're fully three blocks from the big Miranda intersection, but all of us on duty heard the crash over the noise of the airconditioning. It kept happening. We got there in a flash. It was a pile up like you've never seen. There was a spanking new customline in the middle of it all, pinned down driver's and passenger's side. Three guesses, yes, the poor old chick in the customline had run the light.

"We got her out and out of harm's way, and she said, 'I'm Mrs. C. Parkes, and I do volunteer work for the Red Cross, and I come through this intersection every morning at precisely 8:45 and the light is always green.'

"Get it, George, eight other vehicles had run the light in the dear old girls mind.

"I asked her to reconsider her statement, but she stuck to her guns; the light was always green at 8:45 in the AM, and so it got to court day before yesterday, at last, and I read the statement, and the Magistrate looked up like a bee had stung her on the rear. She questioned me, and I read that statement again.

"The woman denied having ever said that."

It's great to be gifted with a near photographic memory.
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
snookie
New Friend

Post by snookie »

A warm hello from Indonesia.
A country from the east and down under.

A few months ago, several of my friends were puzzled and going nuts
because they kept seeing 11:11 almost everywhere.

I also experienced the same thing,
although not as frequently as my friends.

Which brought me to your site and forum.

As I read your pages and browsed through the Urantia book online,
I was very much surprised to see that the information was not really that new,
especially when it comes to Monjoronson.

Why? Because it was already described in the Al Quran.

I am not a fanatic, but I believe in Islam
and therefore will proclaim myself as a moslem.

What William is saying,
is a common knowledge among faithful moslems.

In the Urantia book online, the chapters only discussed about Jesus.
I was wondering, what does Monjoronson (or other midwayers)
say about Islam and Al Quran?
Is Monjoronson the Imam Mahdi, the moslems think or not?

Maybe George could ask him?

I just believe its more than a coincidence,
that Al Quran has made this revelations far before the Urantia book.
Gai*11
Busy Bee

Post by Gai*11 »

Hey there, wow, Indonesia.., welcome Snookie!

Its my feeling that All of it and everybody everywhere is related, and all have great teachers. Whether One great teacher is one or another, I dunno, but they have all, and are all, trying to tell us something about coming together, so it is quite a beautiful thing! This is perty much what the 11:11 is about, listening to our Guides, whoever they may be, and trying to come together in real peace. Thank God and Allah, Jesus and Buddha, we have been blessed with their great teaching as our examples to follow.

I know, I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question there, but I dunno the answer to that..

Interesting story dear George. Maybe she was in shock at the time, and later blocked it from her memory..?

Love and blessin's,
Gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Welcom to the 11:11 board, Snookie.

<<< Is Monjoronson the Imam Mahdi, the moslems think or not? >>>

Almost certainly.

He is also sometimes called "The Beloved One".

Same Avatar, or Paradised-based Individual.

God bless....
:bigsmurf: