Prayers Answered; Inspiring Quotes by Mother Teresa

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Prayers Answered; Inspiring Quotes by Mother Teresa

Post by happyrain »

This morning I was a bit perturbed from reading the headlines in today's news. The political climate, the corporate authority behind our media outlets and the outright battle between elites and their pawns has stirred an anxiousness in me that brought about much pain and sadness. I am a bit derailed from it all. I was sad to see an official calling for chaos and harassment, sad to see innocent minds manipulated by propaganda for someone else's agenda and I was sad to read that we may cast out our own brothers and sisters in hatred drawn from what is the illusion of having a loftier morality than another. In reality it is misdirection, it is fear and it is anger. How often must our hearts be played for someone else's gain where a king will pit its people against one another? We think in the end we're making a difference for the better and those asking us to act with malice say God is on your side- is it not apparent this discord is only creating even more suffering? It is a tragedy.

I found myself praying for answers... I wish to be centered more in Gods Love... I found that if we focus on divine qualities such as compassion and forgiveness if we believe Love is for all people then we may alleviate suffering, however small or great. Speculating my role in an overpowering political and corporate society and the role of the many innocent hearts who tirelessly play someone else's game- I was reminded of a quote from Mother Teresa

"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."

In my opinion, it isn't necessary to take to battle over politics to see change. If we can invest that same energy in Loving the people in our every day lives, the rippling effect may be so great- we may finally find peace.

After praying for more Love, I was reminded through out the day to pray for world peace- to enjoy peoples unique expression... I was reminded of Service- Many great teachers, their entire life had become a service to Love... And all we need to do is practice it with each other and not get swept by the manufacturing magic that hopes to take this simple act away from us. I believe my prayers have been shown a way... And the guidance today came from reflecting on Mother Teresa's very heart felt words...

Please enjoy,
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.

I want you to be concerned about your next-door neighbor. Do you know your next-door neighbor?

I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, ‘How many good things have you done in your life?’ rather he will ask, ‘How much love did you put into what you did?

God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.

It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.

If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

Intense love does not measure, it just gives.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.

If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
Mother Teresa

:loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
happyrain
Family

Re: Prayers Answered; Inspiring Quotes by Mother Teresa

Post by happyrain »

by the bayou,
where the calm waters blessed my soul
gods gaze hovered in front of me, in the form of a curious bee
here i watched the birds play and sing
love washed over me as tears rushed down my spine
astral light, radiant splendor and a glimpse of the rising sun sent chills, divine
each breath is divine.
we are calm now.
we are assured...
loving, gracefully so
face the day with courage and wisdom
i learned this by the bayou,
where the calm waters blessed my soul
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,
Sometimes I feel helpless as I watch the discord and the destruction continue...It is easy from there, that helplessness, to allow the anger to manifest, even try to justify hatred as one feels the soul crushing weight of helplessness. that was me this morning after reading yet another shock and disappointment of the political nature. So much so that I cried in frustration...not the best start to a new day. :roll: Allowing such poison to flow in my being is sabotage of a sort. But at least I was honest with myself and by allowing the pressure cooker inside to "jiggle" I allowed some of the stress and pressure out. Finding a way around such disastrous feelings and channeling instead into action... Loving action by Mother Theresa's standards would be helpful and she would have been one to know after so many long years battling with love for the poorest of the poor how best to do that. We can make excuses and justifications bring up one such as Hitler as an example for fighting with all our might imploring all and anything to bring those persecutors to their knees...but even now if love was long practiced even then would a Hitler have arisen? Would one of such malice been stopped early in his tracks by all embracing love that nurtures the very best within us and gives courage to bring it out fully and completely. Probably... but then what do we do with someone of high rank and notoriety , those elite who have greed and self interest as their motivation? I am thinking if we are strong enough in love yes... even then we are a force to be reckoned with. How I long to be embraced in unconditional Love for everyone... the kind that the God of us all practices unfailingly... I just heard. "Practice makes Perfect" Yes that is so... but why does a part of me still wish to embrace the anger and revenge?
Be still and embrace God I think because it is in the quiet we find the strength to move forward little by little eh? It is in the quiet where the vibrations of healing reach us and empower us.

but how to get away from the anger in the moment! ... the anger... the anger... the anger of yet another atrocity enacted in such devious ways that make it unclear in individual minds as to whose right? whose wrong?

LOVE...LOVE LOVE... is the measurement. NOT religion... not pulpit politics... that justifies something in favor of a galvanized agenda... is anything ever galvanized in reality? Is not life filled to over flowing with circumstances that are so individualized that a "one size fits all solution" flies far from the "mark".
Maybe I am biased as I am living through the chaos of this time but man... doesn't it feel like we are balancing on a knife edge here? I almost feel as there has never been a time in history where "what the world needs now is love, sweet love" has ever been more accurate".

Thank you for helping with Mother Theresa's words to drive back the darkness. We can do this... :D :sunflower:

and oh Wow.... I enjoyed By the bayou!!!! I have experienced my own version... "By the Creek" I learned about spirit and God by the Creek and it was a dragonfly rather then a bee. :happy
Love it!!!! Thank you for brightening and enlightening my day with your share...
:loves
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hello Sandy,
Thank you friend. I believe you said it in an earlier post, "Be still and know that I am God."

Your desire for World Peace is beautiful....

We don't need to wait for some official or even let the news disturb us- in the end, God is in control. True we are at varying stages of evolution, each treading a unique path- so we turn inwards and focus on that which develops ones faith.

...Yes this age is difficult, no I am not asking to halt your desire to stay informed. I am asking to adjust your focus to Love, not anger or retribution. Remember your freedom of choice and how far you've come in this world. Continue to Heal yourself, know yourself- this takes lifetimes for some.

As Mother Teresa is teaching, Love your house hold. Spread your love, your belief in love to those you interact with in your daily affairs. If we can bring peace to a stranger or a family member, the ripples it makes- the echoes it creates in the universe... to witness to these ripples :loves
Look at the synchronicities we've shared or the subtle messages from Spirit which affirms your beliefs, your intimate and beautiful Journey to the Source.

So my friend, as beautifully as you interpret your own emotions- you don't wish to suffer or to have any of this anger inside do you? Through out this Journey, how often do we desire to simply Love and rise above circumstance... ?? It's your right to choose.

I know, You know these things better than me... What is this entire place about?
You are Love, Loved and Loving. =) My spirit thanks you for your efforts and the efforts from your George, both of you help guide the way for so many.
Maybe one day our paths will cross in person. As always, I am grateful for this place... A dragonfly? They are beautiful. You know... I have seen more dragonfly's this summer and surprisingly, swarms of bats hovering above them. :lol:

Last,
I read a story the other day about "Gods Plan." Really it is about Harmony. You know I like to share these things :lol:

Here...
There is a story told in India of how once all the inhabitants of a village which had suffered from drought, gathered together before the temple of their God, praying that for this year an abundance of rain might fall.

A voice from the unseen replied, 'Whatever We do is for the betterment of Our purpose, ye have no right to interfere with Our work, oh! ye men.' But they again cried for mercy, and continued to do so more persistently. Then came the answer saying 'Your prayers, fastings, and sacrifices have induced Us to grant for this one year as much rain as ye desire.' They all returned home rejoicing. In the autumn they worked vigorously on their farms, and after having prepared the ground and sown the seed, they prayed for rain. When they considered that sufficient had fallen they again had recourse to prayer, and the rain ceased. In this way an ideal crop of corn was produced and all the inhabitants of that country made merry over it. This year more corn was grown than ever before. After the crops were gathered in however, all those who ate the corn died and many were the victims. In perplexity they again sought the God bowing low before the temple crying, 'Why hast Thou shown such wrath to us, after having shown so great a mercy?' The God replied, 'It was not Our wrath, but your folly for interfering with Our work; We sometimes send a drought, and at other times a flood, so that a portion of your crops may be destroyed, but We have Our reasons for so doing, for in this way all that is poisonous and undesirable in them is also destroyed, leaving only what is beneficial for the preservation of your life.'
This taken from the message on Harmony by Inayat Khan
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/II/II_3.htm