thoughts of god from the monkey mind

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

thoughts of god from the monkey mind

Post by happyrain »

that'll be me.

whether you agree or disagree with these reflection's, i am happy to read your thoughts understanding we've all a unique path and even a unique regards to life and the meanings for us therein.

i had a wonderful meditation two nights ago under the full moon. my meditation's haven't been up to par but i made a friend at work who inspired me to give it another shot. God permeates through our friends... when we've the ability to see the moment as a Blessing- we even see God through strangers, animals and the things around us.

I noticed in my meditation a great deal of love for my friends but whispering to me in images behind the faces of my friends was the realization that God has never given up on me. While reflecting upon moments shared between friends and acquaintances I have discovered the Loving Energy of God directing me towards my spiritual reality. It is indeed a desire of mine to walk a more spiritually fulfilled life and these urges have not gone unnoticed by a Living Force that permeates in Friendship... There are too many coincidences that would appear outside of my control yet are constantly working to guide me to realization, even in my ignorance. I have pushed away this help many times, blinded by ego not still enough to recognize where or when God has indeed provided assistance- perhaps now, still does. I've let bad habits rule over better judgement in the name of comfort only to run back to God and pray for help- blind to the Glory that is the moment.

So how do I live more in this reality and in this presence?

Today, with this understanding, I notice I am surrounded by even more spiritually minded friends. I believe God is Love Energy and to experience more we must indeed interact with others in a fashion that is sincere yet caters to one's creativity. Sincerity is the key to transcending any one belief. Meditate and be mindful... Carrying God in us, alive and awake is a Blessing for All...

I felt inclined to share because of the sheer Bliss and Inspiration provided from these thoughts and realizations... With that said this is simply an expression of Love, not a sermon- if you feel differently know I only speak of my current reality and experience. I am of the belief I must interact with others if I wish to experience more of this Love Energy, this unseen intelligence hidden in my friends and family- hidden in the animals and nature... Gods Love is like a Golden Light behind the curtain of this existence connecting us all. There is a presence and while it seem so Simple- it's a great challenge. It is in sincerity I may draw closer to God and be Graced emotionally- this is Spiritual Growth and perhaps the keys to finally changing and shaping my mind towards enlightenment. It may seem selfish but how can it be, when it is simply Loving others to the best of ones ability...

In it, I hope to unlock more mysteries and break reality as I know it. There are magical and wild gifts to be tapped into And it all stems from this source...

With that said, I see the evolution of our species as unique and have given serious thought to the idea that the very planets fight for our Love. While I can't say with certainty I know God... I hope to draw closer and so refer to God as Love... I am happy enough to connect a Belief that provides purpose, bliss and provides gifts that transcend reality. So maybe this is a step in a right direction... Well, my thoughts may be all over the place... As this was originally just a place to archive and gather these thoughts I still hope this writing reaches anyone reading with a sense of Wonder and a Love that encourages you to share your lovely feelings with others. In doing so, it may alleviate many shortcomings and bring you closer not just to understanding yourself or another but to the reality and face of God.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: thoughts of god from the monkey mind

Post by Sandy »

Dear Eric,
I am so glad you shared this. ...and put it in a place where it is easy to find and return to at need. I found it very helpful and quite inspiring as I look now at my neighbors as acts of God...love flowing through them to me and visa versa. It was you who years ago taught me to see God's love through the creatures who inhabit our world. even the tiniest ones are reflections of Gods powerful unconditional love. (Well maybe not mosquitoes, eh? lol)
But that has helped me to be more aware of the Divine influence around us.

This part fills my heart today as I look at the world with "newish" eyes.
"Gods Love is like a Golden Light behind the curtain of this existence connecting us all."
With that truth clearly ringing in my spiritual ears, it is clear that there is no time no place no activity which we can participate from where God cannot be found. God's Love belongs to the perfect and the imperfect. :cheers:

Thank you Eric for your inspiration, friendship and love. :happy
with love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:kiss:
Thanks Sandy!
Im awake, itchy and riddled by more of these thoughts. Well I’m glad you found something positive from the writing... Someone said to me, “even so some things are better left unsaid.” It made me think. While our words can hold power there is still a greater power which is silence. All inspiration, indeed anything that takes form stems from a perfect source which may be formless. Like shadows mixing with light to form the illusions that entertains us. There seems to be a delicate balance or perhaps it is just the harmonious reality of this world that is spirit and matter.

My post was in effort to understand how to give back to God- who has undoubtedly provided for me. In doing so perhaps I am able to anchor the deeper expressions my soul craves to experience since I indeed struggle with unwanted and unhealthy habits. There is a thought that everything happens in due time that I may not need to feel so rushed to this goal. Then there is a burning desire to shed so much more. It is a noble wish to shoot straight to the higher realms though is it not? Even so, if we ourselves are off balance or pulled too far in any one direction are we truly giving back to the Love Energy? It is difficult to articulate when I don’t completely understand but I’ve always felt this planet is a giant school house.

I see now the importance of meditation- the importance of Will... it would seem inspiration and creativity stem from Silence which has given me reason to express and interact with creation. Meditation as a discipline is an exercise of Will directing focus to that which it desires most. In this case we are stilling the mind and tapping into a type of Silence to learn God and reveal aspects of our truer selves. We are deserving and if anything I am of the belief this energy is proof of such...Love is wonderful and you my friend have been great to me... There’s a real magic for each of us...
In this sense it is important to humble myself before God understanding there are those who achieve liberation differently and a vastness to the realms both seen and unseen. I suppose there’s nothing left to say on the matter... I am really happy to know you are inspired and to have the privilege to interact with you. God is truly, wonderfully mind blowing and I am extremely excited by these thoughts like a kid looking forward to the amusement park- I guess all that’s left is to remember to enjoy the ride!
:mrgreen: :P :loves
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Today’s bowl of saki reminds me it is important to push. A friend once told me it is the spirit of persistence that is victorious- since we will undoubtedly fall many times... here is the wisdom shared by Hazrat Inayat Khan, whose message is perfectly aligned to my thoughts as of late... my good teacher and my friend ....
Man's bodily appetites take him away from his heart's desires; his heart's desires keep him away from the abode of his soul.

Bowl of Saki, June 1, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

There are two parts in man. One part is his external self, which the soul has borrowed from the earth; and the other part is his real self, which belongs to his Source. In other words an individual is a combination of spirit and matter, a current which runs from above and attracts to it the earth from below, shaping it in order to make it a vehicle. The human body is nothing but a vehicle of the soul which has come from above and has taken the human body as its abode. Thus an individual has two aspects of being: one is the soul, the other is the body. ... Whether he is in the forest or amidst the world's strife, the soul of man is always capable of rising to the greatest heights, if only he wishes to attain to them. ... Man does not need to trouble about what is lacking outside, for in reality all is within himself.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_31.htm

The soul cannot see itself; it sees what is round it, it sees that in which it functions; and so it enjoys the comforts of the shell which is around it, and experiences the pains and discomforts which belong to the shell. And in this way it becomes an exile from the land of its birth, which is the Being of God, which is divine Spirit; and it seeks consciously or unconsciously once again the peace and happiness of home. God therefore is not the goal but the abode of the soul, its real self, its true being.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_III_2.htm

Plato wrote that we live in a shadow world, where we confuse the shadow of ourselves with reality. This is the Nafs, the false ego, which stands in the light before God, causing, so to speak, a spiritual eclipse. ... The Nafs turns us from the One to the many, enticing us with the things of this world. Then man attaches himself to one thing after another, which brings, at best, momentary satisfaction. Through his spiritual practices the Sufi learns to chain the Nafs, to perceive that it is only a shadow of reality; and finding the sun of truth within his being, looking upon it, one is no longer aware of the shadow. Then the Nafs is not destroyed, but harnessed. The whole of man's being is attuned to God and everything within him serves God.

~~~ "Githa II, Dhyana 2", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

The one and only thing that hinders man from advancing spiritually, or at least from advancing towards the goal for which he is destined and which he is longing to attain, is this: that the mind is so absorbed by the demands and wants of the physical body that it has hardly a moment to give itself entirely to the reflection of the light of the soul.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_22.htm
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you for sharing another wonderful bowl of saki, Eric. Your thoughts and those of Hazrat Inayat Khan have given me much food for thought.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.