Objective Freedom

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Objective Freedom

Post by overmind »

I came across the idea that there can never be such a thing as an illusion of free will. Free will is either possessed or it is not. When one has the ability to ponder about their will, it is already the case that it is free to do so. While it is true that animals are pretty much free to do as they please, their will is not very strong. It is hard to think of other animals as free will beings because they are barely aware of their own awareness. After all, only beings with a great enough will are capable of benefiting from the final two adjutant mind spirits: those of wisdom and worship. Understanding the fine line in ancient human history where individuals gain the freedom of will in order to separate themselves from instinct and the chemical processes is a tricky business. However, if we could know which early humans were given unique personality by the Father, it would be easy to know who gained free will and who was still under the influence of their body and the environment.

Look at consciousness the following way. For a finite animal with no survival value, consciousness is like a bubble inflating to a certain size and then popping. From personality comes freedom, and from a strong enough will and intelligence (plus the Father of course) comes the personality. Without the ability of the mind to make conscious choices, the personality and soul cannot grow. While the Thought Adjuster does play a role in this, it is still true that children survive death before they are indwelt and a soul is built. God can clearly re-personalize individuals who were not yet capable of surviving solely through a free will relationship with God, creating an immortal soul. Since the personality does not yet have a permanent vehicle of its own for death, God becomes that vehicle, or the medium through which the personality regains existence. The fact is, once that personality is created, the bubble of consciousness should not pop, and the originally depends on the ability for that organism to have free will (to gain higher self awareness, at least potentially in the future). It is clear that all beings bestowed with personality from the Father share this freedom in decision-making, and it seems this freedom is absolutely necessary for the individual to even truly contemplate about the said freedom. Thus, those without free will could never understand free will. The concept would not exist, for there would barely be a realm of thought to consider the matter. Only those free can believe that they are not free, and only those without this freedom cannot ever understand that the freedom exists in the first place. There cannot exist an illusion of freedom because those without freedom cannot see the illusion and those with it cannot lose their freedom as it is guarded and upheld by God. The concept of an "illusion of freedom" is an illusion in itself as it tricks free-thinking minds into believing they may not be free. It is like prison bars made of air.

This logic depends on the following:
1. Free will for evolutionary creatures depends on all seven of the Adjutant Mind Spirits, or at least the final two. (I am not aware of the requirements for celestials, so this is only about humans.)
2. Free will is about the awareness of one's awareness and the freedom of thought, not about the outside choices or actions available to the individual.
3. God will always uphold and respect the free will it grants to others.

Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything here.
Welles
Family

Re: Objective Freedom

Post by Welles »

Hi Arthur.

This is great mental genius stuff. So what is genius anyway?

Genius is a spiritual gift manifest because of a unique inherent personal ability. Everyone has the potential to access some variety of genius. It depends on the needs of the universe and the individual who will be the recipient of that gift. I don't believe one strives for genius but rather it is a result of heartfelt effort.

In this case you are assembling beliefs and ideas about will, freedom and free will and starting to integrate them into a concept that is personally satisfying. At some point you will have pondered the subject enough to have amassed both the concepts needed and enough moments of internal quiet to create a 'critical space'. The universe will respond with a blast of illumination. It will percolate down through the concepts, re-arranging them into a more integrated perspective. Those events are always enlightening and exciting. I would guess that you are rapidly approaching the point of receiving that spiritual gift in which you become a co-creator of a new and uplifting perspective because of your search for truth.

The viewpoint you will achieve after that inspired moment of genius isn't the end result, however. You then have to act on it to have it become become a part of your Being. That integration into one's spiritual body yields the quiet reassurance of your connection to the universe and becomes wisdom.

It's a process.

I'd like to offer my own contribution to your work. It is an essay I wrote entitled, Free Will.
http://www.chutzpahgalleries.com/writte ... eWill.html

Welles
overmind

Post by overmind »

I'll give it a read and try to work it into what I'm writing. I just got the realization that I cannot feel that I have free will and not have it based on how the process works. I'm just trying to explain that concept. Eventually, I hope to logically prove that artificial intelligence can never possess true self-awareness, freedom or will. Consciousness is a gift from God (or the local Creator Son), so it cannot appear in anything man-made. The issue is that although the logic may be sound, it relies on truths not wholly accepted by the intended audience.
overmind

Post by overmind »

The short essay has more to do with future decision-making than what free will really is. I've mentioned the same stuff to others (in a much shorter fashion), but the topic was usually death, not will or freedom. This is actually not the direction I want to go with this. I'm trying to prove that consciousness and will are not mechanistic or physical manifestations of the brain. If could prove that human consciousness and will exist beyond the body, it should be evident that survival is not an issue. The next topic would be what survival entails and how free will is implemented. It is clear to me that someone has to know that free will is real and protected before the results of that will can be fully discussed.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I am enjoying the essays and thought you both shared here towards the subject of free will. I'm thinking about them and the little sub issues brought up in Arthurs first post... and in an interesting coincident...read today a short article on the "aha moments" that fell into my inbox.
Actually, I thought of you guys when I read it...and yet what the author of this article is trying to get across is that we all are and can be subject to these moments of insight and that there are even things we can do to foster these epiphanies. Welle's first response to your post Arthur bears a bit of a coincidence with this bit of writing so I thought I would add it to the mix of interesting thought on this thread, possibly helping all of us to foster an "enquiring mind."
http://www.dailygood.org/story/535/how- ... -gregoire/
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.