Little Yellow Flowers

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
Starwalker
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Little Yellow Flowers

Post by Starwalker »

I have the Urantia Book app on my phone and I enjoy reading the quotes on it. A couple weeks ago when I was doing this, the first quote that appeared was: “freely you have received, freely give.” (100:7:10) The next quote that appeared was “Many things which happen in the course of a human life are hard to understand, difficult to reconcile with the idea that this is a universe in which truth prevails and in which righteousness triumphs. It so often appears that slander, lies, dishonesty, and unrighteousness – sin – prevail. Does faith, after all, triumph over evil, sin, and iniquity? It does.” (194:3:2). This happens to be one of my favorite quotes of the text, so I felt strongly that I should share and give freely. I have been doing Urantia outreach on my Facebook page. I match up quotes to pictures and post them as my cover photo, which is public. As I was scrolling through my collection of pictures, I felt drawn to one of a little yellow flower with five petals. So, I selected that picture and made the post.

The next day, when I was out for my walk, I noticed all the little yellow buttercups were in bloom. I had not noticed them the day before. When I got to a place where I sit and have a little break, I noticed that I was surrounded by buttercups swaying in the breeze. The overwhelming impression I got was that I’m not alone. I was awestruck, and I started crying. Ever since then, I’ve been noticing yellow flowers everywhere. They give me a good feeling.

A few days later, when I was visiting my parents, my step-mother exclaimed of her garden, “Oh look, the buttercups are in bloom!”
"When the stars have all burned out you'll still be burning so bright" ~ Sarah McLachlan, Answer
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Little Yellow Flowers

Post by Sandy »

Hello and good morning Jonathon.

When I read your post, the first one this morning, I felt like a sun grow within me and light spilled outwards...
It is so easy to look at the darkness surrounding us and feel as if everything is crashing in...But then to realise that beauty is all around us and within us when we take the time to see, hear and remember...

Thank you for helping me to see buttercups this morning.

hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

Here is a little update on my fascination with little yellow flowers. It has progressed beyond buttercups, as I'm noticing many other yellow flowers of various sizes. Its funny how our eyes are drawn to certain things. I know they are just wildflowers, but they are still beautiful. The dandelion is one of the first flowers to bloom in the spring. Therefore they are the first source of food for many bees. I actually used to call dandelions 'bumblebee flowers' when I was growing up. Many people go to great lengths to remove dandelions from their lawns because they are seen as an eyesore. But they just add a little colour if you ask me. I've noticed that my municipality has stopped mowing some of their green spaces and let wildflowers grow there instead. I'm not sure of their reasons for this, but it does provide more food for the bees. Bees are important in so many ways and they are sadly in decline on our planet. One reason for this, as I'm sure most of you know, is because of the pesticides and herbicides we use. Yet, big companies are still fighting to keep their products on the shelves. When will we learn that there is so much more to life than turning a profit? We are the planetary custodians and we are in big trouble if the bees die out. So, little yellow flowers are more important than most people realize.

And Sandy, it's always a delight to give someone flowers. I'm glad I was able to brighten your day!

God save the bees,
Jonathan
:sunflower:
"When the stars have all burned out you'll still be burning so bright" ~ Sarah McLachlan, Answer
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hi Jonathan,

I think greed runs rampant throughout society and is the backbone for so many perversions we find ourselves having to struggle with daily.

I really liked your first post, where a Living intelligence responded in kind to your efforts, strengthening your Faith and bringing you closer to the indwelling Spirit. The Beloved is Alive. This communication is the same potential when receiving an 1111 styled prompting.

Thank you for bumping this thread.

PS...
I had an impromptu night time motorcycle ride with a friend. I met him at a gas station. As I was waiting I found a bee struggling on his back under the bright lights. I placed my hands on the ground and the bee crawled on. I started walking towards the grass to set him down- he seemed to be regaining his senses while crawling around my gloves. I heard a loud car off in the distance and got distracted, when I looked back at the bee he was gone. I didn't see him on the ground so I assumed he flew off.

Anyways... It was a great ride, we are having a heat storm so I got to enjoy lightning without getting rained on.

Kind regards.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

Hi Eric,

Yes, the love of money is certainly prevalent here. I guess we all have greed to some degree, but it’s really sad to see it at extreme levels. Especially when other life forms have to suffer because of it. I wonder what it will take to wake up this world. Time will tell.

I loved your story about the bee. I came across a bumblebee while I was out foraging mushrooms today in the forest. It was crawling on the trail, not flying, which struck me as a bit strange. But I left him to do his thing. I remembered it when I read your post. Every little act of kindness matters, even to insects. It really says a lot about your character. I’m glad you got to enjoy a nice motorcycle ride.

I agree that the yellow flower experience is the same as the time prompts. It struck me a little differently though. But contact is contact, which ever way it occurs. I recently started thinking of the 11:11ers as ‘contactees.’ I guess it’s really starting to sink in now that I am being guided by Spirit. I hope I can contribute something good to this cause. I’d really like to see this world brought back into the Father’s fold. Here’s to Light and Life!

God bless,
Jonathan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everyone,

Jonathon and Eric, I understand and am in complete agreement with everything you both have said here.

As a kid I loved dandelions, still do...they are truly beautiful and hardy and for me make lovely treats for my bunnies...But unfortunately too many people along the lake see these lovely flowers and even other so called "weeds" as the enemy and poison the daylights out of them. Just as bad is planting manufactured/feral grasses along the wild spaces to the edge of the lake. It is senseless robbing creatures of cover, homes and food sources. Yet these same people will complain when the same animals come into their property looking for food sources. :(
I protect the little wild patch of woods on the public land ravenously. No one cuts picks or litters there. It is a wild place and it will stay that way as long as I live here. But sadly, it is the last of such in a pretty large area. Everything is soooo cosmetic. Still Aussies are paranoid about bushfires and rightfully so. Dry plant life can add fuel that allows a fire to eventually sweep into personal property. But there has to be some common sense and a balance...

I read a book about 10 years ago that changed me in regards to insects. I started seeing them as unique little creatures much as one sees a squirrel or chipmunk. With that change in attitude insects have become friendly. LOL I know that sounds silly but there is a sense of community between us...after all, they are created from molecules just as we are. We have fairly decent brains but think about it... they can fly on their papery wings and even backwards some of them. And another example, look at what a caterpillar does when it turns into a butterfly! How can humans feel so superior? Seriously, when you think about it it is absolutely miraculous!

I have rescued bees as well but sadly often times when they are just walking on the ground that way because they have worked themselves to death and may not have the strength to find their way back home anymore. (At least this is so for honey bees) I have gone so far as to bring them home and made a nice little home for them, but it never works. Perhaps they are too far gone or maybe being society-minded, a jar, large or not, is not like flying free in the morning sun loaded with pollen and contributing to the whole. We all feel better when we can contribute in some form or fashion and we better the world in some ways too. We are really not so different from bees...we just don't realize it yet. LOL

hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

Hi Sandy,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this. I feel like I should be contributing more to this forum, but other matters tend to take a lot of my time lately.

I truly enjoyed reading your post and I think you and I share some common viewpoints. Though I also realize that you are likely further along the path than I am. I really appreciate your responses to my posts. I take them as validation in a way. I struggle to socialize my spirituality and I feel like it is a must for me if I am to progress my psychic circles. I hope you know what a gift this site is to people. I only wish I joined earlier. But I just didn’t feel good enough. This forum is like a beehive in a sense and I was alone in a jar for a long time. The thought just occurred to me that you must be the queen bee. :)

I love that you have a wild space that you protect. This past spring I adopted a section of trail in my city. There is a small river which runs along the trail and it was heavily polluted with plastic bags and all kinds of litter. I filled over 60 large garbage bags from the river and surrounding wetlands. That’s not counting what I picked up on the trail and forest areas. Each morning I would wake up with sore muscles, but kept going until the job was done. I cried a few times at the sorry state of that river. It is truly shameful how we mar nature. I continue to keep my adopted trail clean, but it seems it is a never ending job. If Monjoronson shows up on my doorstep someday, at least I’ll have a tidy trail to show him.

Take care,
Jonathan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning Jonathan,
You wrote;
I feel like I should be contributing more to this forum, but other matters tend to take a lot of my time lately.
I hear you.. we live in crazy times and we are pushed and pulled all over the place. It would be so easy to concede to worry and fear but let's all be stubborn and say... Nope, not today? ( I have decided best to take it one day at a time and not plan on trying to be tough and heroic tomorrow. :) )

No, your posts are lovely and straight from your beautiful heart. When you speak it carries weight and stays with us so it isn't quantity that is important, eh?
I struggle to socialize my spirituality and I feel like it is a must for me if I am to progress my psychic circles.
You know, I can understand that. When I first came here 16 some years ago I was as backward as it comes. (still am if truth be told) I worked up the nerve to post on this one thread in misc. .. and I just stayed for a couple months there. Geoff and Budgie, George and Helen, Megan and Simon were kind and we talked about our spiritual life experiences and aspirations. It happened slowly but I gradually worked up the nerve to branch out and to be honest the "Midwayer cupids" were busy in what was to eventually to come. LOL Now... well thousands of posts later I am still inside that quiet little girl... and that's okay but it is nice to know we never walk alone in all we undertake.

We are a family...a worker bee family... but no I'm not a Queen that's for sure....more like the hive "door lady." It's a simple job but one I hope has purpose in the grand scheme of things. I suspect when you feel ready you will be able to ever more socialize what is in your heart. But there is no rush as spirit will gently nudge you and you will step out then in faith knowing there is always "someone" who either catches you, or dusts you off, sets you up right and with a gentle touch encourages you to try again.

I love that you take care of a little patch of God's creation. There is something soul stirring/quietening being in nature and very satisfying helping our earth mother in some form or fashion. You know... You have inspired me. I as thinking this morning on my early morning walk...what a shame the litter people have left in our little park. This afternoon I will go back and pick it up. If the park looks clean and tidy perhaps it will inspire those who use it to keep it that way and place their trash where it belongs.
If Monjoronson shows up on my doorstep someday, at least I’ll have a tidy trail to show him.
:cheers: Good thinking! Simple beauty helps hearts to soar.

:sunny:
xxSandy
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Good morning all! :sunflower:
As a busy summer has drawn to a close, the presence of little yellow flowers on the wane, this is my first visit to this thread. What a sweet start to the day. It's been a treat to mind, body and spirit. I'm thankful to all you preservers of nature.

Living in a rural location it seems every year I discover a volunteer wild flower has found it's way to my gardens. To me a flower is a flower, if it blooms it stays, well with a few exceptions. Although not wildflowers, yellow evening primrose are the first to greet me in the spring barely waiting for the snow to melt. This time of year it's the hardy long blooming black-eyed susans, perennial sunflowers, and fluffy goldenrod.

Think I'm going to turn off the lights, listen to the rain and thunder and think about little yellow flowers. Have a good day everyone.

:sunflower:
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

Yes, the little yellow flowers are dwindling in numbers these days. However, I did spot a few buttercups the other day. Due to the marine climate of my region we experience mild autumns. With the exception of the occasional rogue hurricane, I really enjoy the fall of the year. I find the cool, crisp air to be very refreshing. The changing colours of the leaves make up for the fewer flowers. But eventually all the leaves fall, and the snow comes. But when the snow is falling where I am, little yellow flowers are blooming somewhere else on the planet. Then the spring will bring the yellow daffodils to brighten our spirits. It's just a never-ending cycle of little yellow flowers. And then there's the big yellow flower in the sky that makes it all possible by blessing us with its heat and light. While there is much ugliness on this planet, there is still much beauty and much to be thankful for. So I will continue to search out the little yellow flowers, in all their forms.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Starwalker,
I loved your entire post! Thank you for adding to the upliftment!

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You know I think that in a little while when the business of the morning subsides I am going to go out and sit in my yard and look... really look at the little yellow flowers and other gifts from the Creator of all. Thank you Starwalker for your magical posts, reminding me of the perfection of the Creator in this and every cycle of brilliant life. My hope for all of us is to keep just a smideon of that joy spark in our hearts always.

love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
It's crazy how much a flower can raise our spirits! Since being sick I've stayed in the house, too much rain for my allergies to handle. All I want to do is go out and snap a pic of the perennial sunflowers, and the huge mums Dan brought over for me. :sunflower:

I hope the spark of joy is still warming your heart.

Love,
Kim

Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

It has been awhile since I last posted here. I feel like I have had a mental block of some sort. Anyway, I’m determined to redouble my efforts, clear the block and continue sharing my experiences and help out where I can.

Yesterday, when I opened my closet to get my jacket, my eyes were drawn to a roll of black garbage bags that I received last year for my trail clean up. I knew it was time for spring clean up of the trails once again. I spent some time today picking up the litter and now my feet are feeling my efforts. There is still much work to be done but I made a good start at it. Oddly enough, there were little yellow wildflowers just beginning to bloom all along the trail. This got me thinking about my experience with the buttercups last year. I think that that experience was Mother Earth saying thank you for my environmental efforts, like a reward. But that’s just a thought. I do love my Mother, Urantia, and hope that more of my siblings start to treat her better just as I am still learning to treat her better. But I’m not going to let my mind fall into any negative thinking about this. Every mess will eventually have to be cleaned up.

Though I may not have been active on this site for a long time, I am still working on myself and feel I have made a lot of progress. But I do miss posting here, so I hope you can all forgive my extended absence. I have a lot more to share.

And Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there!

God bless,
Jonathan

:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Johnathan,

It's a wonderful gift, to recognize Mother Earth acknowledging your inner sanctum. It's nice to see your post. I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

:alien: There's no need to ask for forgiveness with concern to your absence. That's peculiar. Most of us understand. Without trying to speak for others- I appreciate when people are inclined to share but do not expect or demand anything. We're all in this together, as equals. I know the few active members that do come around are caught up in the full swing of life but will be here to share again.

I've seen Sandy do it, we welcome family just the same. As if they've never left.

Kind regards~
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

Hi Eric, nice to hear from you. Yes, I guess it is a bit peculiar. I stumbled upon a few posts since posting this that gave me the impression that I shouldn’t have said that. Thanks for correcting it all the same. Perhaps I was just being stereotypically Canadian. I’ve heard it said that we apologize too much and often for things that need not be apologized for. I suppose all nationalities have their little quirks. Lol. I hope you are doing well!
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I hadn't realized I was correcting anything. I suppose I'm not used to it. I have seen people apologize for things and it leaves me confused as to why. Texas must be its own nationality. :mrgreen:
I'll try to keep that in mind.

Doing well, enjoyed the lunar eclipse. But gosh darn it I have been energized from meditation and couldn't sleep. Funny how still my mind got while sitting under the stars on the beach, but how loud it was when it was time for bed. :stars:

I admire your attitude towards mother earth. And you're right about the kindness of Canadians. I saw a glimpse of that from independent media when the trucker protest made national interest. It was amazing seeing so many people come together and offer food and even the general etiquette. At least from what I've read and seen, it would seem the honking was cut off by a certain time of the night. Seeing the children thank the truck drivers, seeing the brave men and women pray together. It was a moment that spoke to my heart.

Kind regards.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello again Jonathan :hithere

Your little yellow flowers left quite an impression on me last year. And Yes, once a member of this little board family...always in our hearts.

To be honest, I have been away quite a bit these past couple months as moving has made me a bit pushed and ...yep... the word is "crazy." :shock:
I am settling in now and still finding my feet after six days, but hopefully I will be a little more dependable as time moves on. Funny, though, I saw some little yellow flowers on Saturday when I waked to the park with my grandson... little yellow buttercup-like flowers and just one small clump to catch my eye. It was like a gift from our Urantia as you spoke earlier. :) hmmm... of course the next five minutes found me rediscovering what poison Ivy was as well. :roll: :) ... nothing like a little drama to add to the day's activities, eh? :lol:

love to all,
Sandy
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

Eric, I’m glad you were able to catch the eclipse. We had overcast skies last night so it wasn’t visible from here. I still find it hard to quiet my mind in meditation. And sometimes I find my thoughts become louder when I try to meditate. But I’m still practicing, even if it is just relative stillness. I can usually get to sleep quite easily though. So we could be opposites in that regard.

As for the trucker convoy , you’re right, it is heart warming to see people coming together to support each other. Thinking of this event sent my mind spiralling though. But perhaps this isn’t the best forum to discuss political matters.

Sandy, your posts have left a mark on me as well and it’s always a pleasure to give flowers to lovely lady. I hope you are settling in well to your new home. I know how hectic moving can be. Also i hope your brush with the poison ivy wasn’t too dramatic. I haven’t experienced that displeasure before. I guess it is just the plant’s defense system, but you would think they would at least give you a warning!

Take care,
Jonathan.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hi Johnathan,

Despite the use of grandiose narratives to manipulate and polarize the masses- we are joyfully drawing ever closer to God-Realization. As long as we hold fast to the sincerest beliefs in our Heart, practicing patience and kindness towards our Brothers and Sisters, towards our planet and the array of Life that dances between us- no one can rob us of the glory that is our Divine Relationship.

It is my hope we focus on that which unites us not that which divides us. I see you recognizing that, despite my having stirred your mental waters. That was not my intention.

In gratitude of your Being- with respect to your lovely thread and your wish to maintain the space for spiritual contemplation- I smile and pray for your continued peace and bountiful blessings ~

Thank you for the wonderful introspection. :loves

What an exciting time to BE ALIVE!! :bana:

Kind regards
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks to quick thinking and cold water to wash off the poison ivy plant oil I am suffering no ill effects. I did get to educate my grandson on the ole leaves of three ditty... I can't believe he had never seen P I before. Nature is amazing in her ways of self protection...

Here's a photo if anyone is interested. It really is a pretty plant I think. :)
https://www.outdoorjoes.com/articles/poison-ivy-leaves

There are also some magnificent honey suckle bushes taller then me along the walk. The areas smells so sweet with them. Add to it busy squirrels and cottontail rabbits and it is a feast for the eyes. I am truly blessed.

xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:shock: Good to know! Thanks for the link.
Starwalker
Old Friend

Post by Starwalker »

I would like to think my mental waters are usually flowing in the right direction, but there are plenty of eddy currents to divert them from time to time. Of course there are the occasional dams to pass and rapids to weather, but hopefully I’ll reach the ocean someday. Though we are all different in so many ways, we all sprung from the same Source. And this Source is also the Destination, which makes the never-beginning, never-ending circle of eternity.

I do long for a day when our governments create policies with the greatest good for all people and the planet in mind. Though there seem to be more dark days ahead, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And it will be those who can remain focused on that light who will create a better tomorrow. This will be a time when we will no longer tear each other down for perceived wrong doings, as we will finally learn that two wrongs really do not make a right. And since only the experiences which resonate with the universal pillars of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness will survive this life, these values will become our guiding principles. Yes, I’m dreaming of the age of Light and Life. And though I still struggle to live up to my ideals, I do hope to contribute something of lasting value to this world, God-willing.

I pray for peace to come to this planet and all its inhabitants. And I pray for some help from above to get us there. But I know that all is well, because in eternity only goodness remains. And eternity is now.

God bless,
Jonathan
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Beautifully stated! I find my self in complete agreement and join you in prayer.

Kind regards. :loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Me too! :happy

xxSandy