can gods love alter genetic material

A forum for the study and discussion of the Urantia Book
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

can gods love alter genetic material

Post by happyrain »

and/or obliterate invasive technology?

could the god-ideal, a love/redeemer change the outcome of a disease both innate and environmental?

reading the message tonight called mark of the beast and considering the very real fear for many where transhumanism is concerned- i think if anyone felt regret for adopting a new system or if any technology proved to be intentionally harmful that it is possible gods love can wash away foreign-invaders on a micro level.

either way the message is very clear. just thinking on a different spectrum.

understanding is a fast path to forgiveness.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: can gods love alter genetic material

Post by Amigoo »

Considering many millions of people - for centuries - who suffer and die from disease
(and fewer from "invasive medical treatment"), we prefer to think that God's love
is not absent in the lives of these people. And from God's perspective,
the gift of eternal life is life beyond mortal existence. 8)

Rod :)
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

that's true, i still believe in miracles.

thank you for the humbling perspective, there's a lot of hysteria or fear of the unknown. but the faith in the words you spoke are strengthening.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hey rod, a thought occurred to me tonight.
i think with enough conviction even we have the power to influence the "rules" that define our reality.

jesus as a master was able to affect the collective consciousness in a way that he was able to literally cast demons out from peoples lives. there are human beings who can perform miracles.

a right attitude can create change at the cellular/molecular level.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

jesus as a master was able to affect the collective consciousness in a way that he was able to literally cast demons out from peoples lives. there are human beings who can perform miracles.

a right attitude can create change at the cellular/molecular level.
:cheers:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Regarding demons ...

"In general, when weak and dissolute mortals are supposed to be under the influence of devils and demons, they are merely being dominated by their own inherent and debased tendencies, being led away by their own natural propensities. The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him. Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ." (UB, 53:8.9)

Regarding miracles ...

These do occur, but what defines "miracle" also includes much that is inherent in our well-managed universe.
That miracles don't appear when we petition hints that our viewpoint is not inclusive of other importance.

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

it seems we agree. i had a sneaking suspicion that the word, 'demon' would throw somebody off. while i can't say i rely on the UB book, i do agree with this definition. and am happy to come here and seek counsel from those who do study the book.
i am not speaking for any person besides my self, that the word demon and miracle are often thrown about with only a surface level understanding. it is also why ive selectively worded in the same post that jesus, as a master(a human engaged in self mastery) was able to effect consciousness in a way that he could alleviate the suffering of others. i imagine jesus, alongside other great ones who walk this earth, have an understanding of self and consciousness that would mean performing action which would appear 'miraculous' to a majority of people when operating at a surface level with the ecosystem.
this is fine too. the moment we dig deep within our selves and together look at the religious philosophies in harmony with science, we find that the rules that dictate our experience arent actually broken but that our understanding is transcended.
these are things worth studying. the influence of the environment, faith and the power of will, attitude or perspective which have an effect on our physical and mental bodies.
i have had a few experiences where i was able to cast demons out from friends and strangers and have observed its effect in the 3D and from the spiritual eye. it is beautiful and inspiring!
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

That the UB is all about Jesus being the incarnated creator of our universe
whose incarnation purpose was to further reveal God to humans ...
and that UB is not about things "metaphysical" (human perspective)
... presents unique discussion challenges. Vive la différence! 8)

:idea: I once had a well read friend who could quote many things metaphysical
and believed that humans could exist on air alone! He created 5 categories
of food/drink to eliminate, one by one. After eliminating the third,
an opportunistic pathogen hastened his departure from the planet
... where he now exists on other energies (?).

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

gosh, i really love the way God or Spirit is able to answer our cries through synchronicities like the 1111 time prompt. God is able to reach us in whatever fashion suits our individual evolution, if we are willing to listen. While it is not the UB book, this synchronicity has prompted me to share here either way. it clearly touches up on my questions, and with no prior knowledge of my individual pursuit or state of mind when creating this thread(i received this in an email just this morning. info quoted below). this happens too often for so many of us here on this MB. it is what we have in common. it is divine inspiration. i really believe all my questions have been answered and it is moreso a restless mind that pulls me away from this realization or, link that is communion with our Father... a Living Spirit

Commentary by Hazrat Inayat Khan:

Different conditions and the changes that take place in the world have their effect upon the mind, and the different conditions of the mind have their effect upon the body. As bodily illness makes man irritable, confused and exhausted in mind, so different conditions of the mind cause health or illness in the body. The link between the body and the mind is the breath, a link through which the influences of the body and the mind are exchanged and work upon one another.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_11.htm

Every passion, every emotion has its effect upon the mind; and every change of mind, however slight, has its effect upon a man's body... One man is perhaps striving all day to earn his own bread so that he may live in a comfortable manner. Another is always worrying about how to maintain himself and his children. Another is thinking, 'What can I do to save my fellow man from his trouble?' If we compare these people, in order to see who is the greatest, we see that he is greatest whose ideal is greatest.

When we consider that great heroes of the past and present, those whom we admire and to whom we look with hope for right guidance, we shall find that what has made them great has been the greatness of their ideal. The lower the ideal, the less the efforts. The higher the ideal, the greater the life. If we use all our intelligence and strength and wisdom to accomplish some little thing, it is only a waste of life. To consider what great things one can accomplish, to seek to do those things which will be most useful and valuable to others, that is the ideal life. ... Come to the mystic, then, and sit with him when you are tired of all these other remedies that you have employed in vain; come and take a glass of wine with him. The mystic wine is the inner absorption, which removes all the worries and anxieties and troubles and cares of the physical and mental plane. All these are now done away with forever. It is the mystic who is at rest. It is he who experiences that happiness which others do not experience. It is he who teaches the way to attain that peace and happiness which are the original heritage of man's soul.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_13.htm
I will leave this thread with the original celestial message that promoted this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30493
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you for posting this Eric,

I always appreciate the inspired words from Hazrat Inayat Khan. And as you pointed out the timing and synchronicity of it all often rings true for me and what is occurring in my life and spiritual journey.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
lethaniel
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by lethaniel »

Hello everyone!

Interesting topic this one here.

I would like to point out several things:

In the Urantia book 10:3.1 “Let us make mortal man in our own image.”. A lot has happened, besides mortal man's own interpretation and Lucifer's Rebellion, but man imagined God the other way around: to man's own image. With this, came in all man's defects of character: bad temper, sadness, vengance, etc etc etc. What I mean is that you can use your mind to create a blue giraffe, with all the details, and at some point you could say it exist (at least on your mind). George, if I recall correctly, left a small plant in his Akashic Construct, just to find it all grown later. He also complained to well known Midwayer, just to be told that it was him who left that big plant there.

We are indeed co-creators, and thoughts can change almost everything (to certain degree at least right now). Take this other example for instance: picture your favourite food (if you like spicy or not, each one is different). Did you just see your own reaction in your mouth? Thought can modify or create 'reactions'. I do believe, that it is not only to take the right actions that modify your own reality, but also much more (a lot more).

The words with the right intentions can make a fruit taste better. On the other hand, hate and bad words can make an apple go bad (do try it at home). If faith can move mountains, what do you think can love do, even if we can't fully grasp it within this (our) reality? Even better if it's truly aligned with our Father's Will?

How come then, that things don't usually happen as we want them to be? Now that's a very good question.

I wonder ...

Oscar E.
--
Oscar E. :hithere
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thank you Oscar, this is interesting.

I believe the answer to the question, can gods love alter genetic material is yes.

But to know, 'how things are supposed to be' is better left in the hands of our creator- that's where I'm at right now. I think learning how to turn within, to develop faith alongside discernment, is the best we can do. Perhaps we get things wrong, or perhaps it is the nature of ideas to battle one another.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Oscar,
I was just thinking about you yesterday morning. I hope you and your family are well.

I am pondering something...if everything in the entire universe is made of matter originating with the Source in Paradise...then is there any real separation between what we deem as ordinary universe matter and material we humans reorganize etc...? So are we evil geniuses or following a gained knowledge that may lead to something helpful and support future amazing discoveries? Could it be that the answer lies in our intent with the work?
Oh boy...sometimes it seems we live on a knife's edge.

I don't have an answer but am pondering in my own simple way. :hithere

xxSandy
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

Hello again!

Nice to meet you Eric! I hope everything is well!

Sandy, we are indeed very well. Our little girl is growing. To those who don't know, we are already parents, even if our little Guadalupe hasn't been born yet. Everything is going very well. I hope you are well too!

As a Spanish translator of the Celestial's messages board, I've been reading from 'day one' (the oldest message post I could find). There might be a few hundred out there that I haven't caught on, but it is not about how much you read, I strongly believe it is about how much you experience with these knowledge, and even then, you can get it wrong, but that is what wisdom is made of: experienced knowledge, which is not easy if you try it alone, but easier if you go by your T.A.'s hand.

Indeed Eric, I agree with you. To expand a little bit about this one, there was a message on the board (don't ask me when or where haha), that said that we give our Father our free will, to enrich it and to actually get our 'real will' back. Ask and you shall receive, but your intention should have the backbone of helping others, for the greater good which is actually a intention filled with love. If you add compassion, well, try it out! Let our Father's will be done.

About what Sandy says... I don't think we get to have ideas of our own, at least not entirely. Most revolutionary thinkers got their greater ideas in dreams, or in a flash of being calm. Where did this come from? As you can know about history and other reliable sources, it was their decision to speak aloud, to actually find a way to share what they uncover (we call it discover, but was it?). What about those other things that are used to destroy? If you take a look at any example, there are tons of creations that are very ingenious. Whether it is an idea that makes the greater or not that greater good, this planet, our dear Urantia, our little blue dot in God's Plan, is a experiential world, confusing isn't it? And yet God finds it so beautiful.

Our free will prerogatives allow us to go sideways of our Father's Plan, and history has shown us this (the little of we know). But things are indeed changing, and the lock we may have, that doesn't allows us to manifest a greater good is being unlocked. I strongly believe, that if it is not for love, for the greater good of others, evil intentions can no longer manifest through our creative powers anymore. Yes, some of our brothers might get their hands on destroying technologies the world has never seen, ... to what extent they can actually destroy our world, this I believe depends on also, on our loving prayers and thoughts, and all what Jesus and his associates are doing to bring this world back to Light. Not a battle of wills, more likely Love shall prevail!

I got carried away! Sorry! The trust in his Loving Will, we call it faith: curiosity tinged with hope.

Have a very nice week!

Oscar E.
--
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Oscar and everyone,

Please feel free to get carried away just as much as you wish, Oscar. :D

You wrote:
About what Sandy says... I don't think we get to have ideas of our own, at least not entirely. Most revolutionary thinkers got their greater ideas in dreams, or in a flash of being calm. Where did this come from? As you can know about history and other reliable sources, it was their decision to speak aloud, to actually find a way to share what they uncover (we call it discover, but was it?). What about those other things that are used to destroy? If you take a look at any example, there are tons of creations that are very ingenious. Whether it is an idea that makes the greater or not that greater good, this planet, our dear Urantia, our little blue dot in God's Plan, is a experiential world, confusing isn't it? And yet God finds it so beautiful.
This makes sense... and I agree it is confusing as I think of the most obvious ingenious device that could actually wipe out life on this planet, the Atomic Bomb. I am wondering though if the research that began in this area has already begun to unlock universe science that will aid life on this planet and maybe even our understanding of the Creator of all. (thinking of quantum physics) Unfortunately, I am not a scientists and my understanding is minuscule. But I do have hope for this world if we can only reach what seems unreachable with love... I haven't a clue how to do that...but God knows so there lies the great hope.

It is so easy to get caught up in the latest horrors of the day and forget that real power rests in Love. Anything is possible. Your words reminded me of a recent meditation Kim experienced where leaders and people that much of the world deems evil are seen in their child-like form. Reminding that we all spring from children and our experiences shape the adult we see. From understanding maybe love can spring.

It is good to know your little Guadalupe is doing well. :cheers: This is a very exciting time for you and your wife and I pray for your families' health and welfare. When is she due to be born?

xxSandy
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

Hello everyone!

Sandy... Guadalupe is due to sometime between last week of October, and the first week of November. The Doc says he doesn't want to stress my wife's body any longer than necessary, so we're aiming to the 37-38 week, and even we worry about Lupe's little lungs having to be formed using medication, we are all in our Father's hands.

How are you? I hope you all are well.

About what you wrote:
This makes sense... and I agree it is confusing as I think of the most obvious ingenious device that could actually wipe out life on this planet, the Atomic Bomb. I am wondering though if the research that began in this area has already begun to unlock universe science that will aid life on this planet and maybe even our understanding of the Creator of all. (thinking of quantum physics) Unfortunately, I am not a scientists and my understanding is minuscule. But I do have hope for this world if we can only reach what seems unreachable with love... I haven't a clue how to do that...but God knows so there lies the great hope.
I'm no a quantum physics scientist either! Maybe there is no a right or wrong to send Love, besides using your intentions in prayer and visualizing good reactions in doing so... faith maybe? I remember that story of George, Lou Lou (Louise Hewitt) and Ted Willis (Professor Edward Willis) where they saved an old man with an itchy treatment. Perhaps our prayers can cause a loving itchy need who need it in the world, enough to get them scratching and looking the answer for themselves. In any case, if it is about love, it won't hurt to try.

We are all children to our Father's eyes and heart, and it matters not if someone's evil (there are no evil souls nor creations), thief, violent and whatever wrongs you can think of... the ignorance of the Love of our Father is something God understands pretty well. And even we might get angry (of some sort) to that rude person in traffic because only God knows what hurries they might have, once you experience God's Love within, this issues, become so small and insignificant every time. It is all there, within, even our no so perfect genetics inheritance, has something to offer.

We even might hesitate if all this works, because you don't actually get to see the atomic changes "in real time", but everything that is everlasting, usually changes very slow. Lessons to learn, things to experience, wisdom to acquire... That tweetting network, from now and then, gets to show you eventually, people actually leaving the hate behind and growing. You dig enough anywhere and everywhere and you might get to see it... if you don't, do not worry... someday you will get to know the impact of your intentions.

Have a nice week!
--