Writing a Better Story — by Carrie Newcomer

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

When I wrote the song Writing A Better Story I was in the process of doing some very deep inner work, which included stories of personal trauma but also legacy burdens that had been carried for generations and finally given to me. There are stories I carry and you carry that support us, sustain us, inspire us to be kinder better people and work for the better kinder world. There are stories we carry of courage and resilience that support a renewable kind of hope. But there are also stories that wounded us, made us doubt our own value, and cast a shadow our own sense of sacredness and worthiness. In this song I was claiming a new story, writing a better story than some of the ones I’d been carrying. It was a song about forgiveness, the kind of forgiveness does not mean or imply forgetting, but rather the kind of forgiveness that implies intention, and an expansion of compassion, that extends even to ourselves.

Writing a Better Story was a song that could not have been written even a year before. I believe we come to a new story when the heart is ready. There is a line in the song “I’m grateful for the words that I bookmarked, before I really knew I would need them for this part.” I think the soul leans into wholeness, it is gathering to itself what it needs for the next growing edge. I have a dear friend what often tells me, “Carrie, you are right where you need to be.” I like that, and think of her words often. My friends, everything has brought you here and you have everything you need to take the next step. Today is when you can end or rewrite a dangerous or harmful story, claim an empowering story or deepen the truest most sacred stories you have and hold.
This link has some more of Carrie's thoughts on her song and the embedded song video.

https://www.dailygood.org/story/2892/wr ... -newcomer/

:loves WHIST
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Writing a Better Story — by Carrie Newcomer

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Welles,

Ill have that song and hopefully a new storyline in my head today and night... and that will be a good thing!
:sunflower:
with Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.