The Great Gesture That Unites Us — by Brother David Steindl-Rast

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

I recognize, I acknowledge, I am grateful; in French these three concepts are expressed by one term: “Je suis reconnaissant.”

I recognize the special quality of this joy: It is a joy freely granted to me as a favor. I acknowledge my dependence, freely accepting as a gift what only another, as other, can freely give to me. And I am grateful, allowing my emotions fully to taste and to express the joy I have received, and thus I make it flow back to its source by returning thanks. You see that the whole person is involved when we give thanks from our hearts. The heart is that center in which the human person is one: The intellect recognizes the gift as gift; the will acknowledges my dependence; the emotions, like a sounding board, give fullness to the melody of this experience.
This excerpt doesn't really share the brilliance of this short piece of writing so please go and read the whole thing. It's about gratitude.

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2503

:loves
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Great Gesture That Unites Us — by Brother David Steindl-Rast

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles,

Much has been written about the importance of being grateful but this is a fresh perspective and encourages us to delve a little deeper in understanding the mechanics of gratitude, thus improving the quality of our thankfulness as we understand it better.

A worthy read for sure...once again, thank you from the heart. :D

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.