How to filter "noise" on Facebook

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
pointman19
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

How to filter "noise" on Facebook

Post by pointman19 »

Hey Folks,

For those that have a FB account, there are ways to filter out a lot of negativity that shows up on feeds.

However, many of my friends on my friends list are people I know personally. And while I may not agree with some if their views, I don't want to block a real life friend because that person is consistantly making negative posts....deep down l, that person is still my friend.

There is an option on the upper right of every post that allows you to "snooze" the poster for 30 days...and then after that..maybe their tune has changed a little. If not, snooze em longer ; )

This has dramatically changed my facebook experience as the algorithm picks up the more positive posts from your friends list, the stuff you WANT to see.

I know many of you arent find of Facebook...but its what I know best and in one post, I can reach out to almost 30 plus 11:11 and other number see'ers. I really wish some of you would give this a try with me. I wish I could lead more people here, to the home turf, but people these days are a leery bunch. Leery of everything...that's why I dont promote these forums. I dont want people think I'm trying to promote some religion or scam them.

I hope they find this place like I did.

But for now l, I feel like the biggest help I can make is over in the High Vibes group. I've learned SO MUCH from you all...I want to do my part too for the Midwayers. Just as you all do :mrgreen:

Whether its here or there, I want to do my part for the motal-celestial alliance. They all ways win :loves
www.historyrunamok.blogspot.com

www.elevensrunamok.blogspot.com

“A better world starts with the thoughts of each individual. Do have ‘better thoughts.’ --Teacher Monjoronson

It so simple...so easy..so life changing. --Sandra Barnard
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: How to filter "noise" on Facebook

Post by Sandy »

Dear Jason you are doing your part and then some as we speak. Your positive loving attitude will do more then any detail we can provide on our websites.
Love is truly the answer to every question as "sappy" as that may sound to some ears. When you think about the reality of love, the resultant actions involving every aspect of our lives, it is truly what we all crave and what heals.

And thank you for your suggestion about the snooze thing. on Facebook. If and when I go back I will certainly remember what you suggested.

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
pointman19
Family

Post by pointman19 »

Thanks Sandy :mrgreen:

Snoozing instead of outright blocking is so much more beneficial. There are times my friends go through a "rough patch" and I just have to snooze them. It really does change the experience and dynamic.

I will always stop by to visit :loves I'm always reading something in here lol.

“A better world starts with the thoughts of each individual. Do have ‘better thoughts.’ --Teacher Monjoronson

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I will always stop by to visit :loves I'm always reading something in here lol.
Thank you for that, Jason. This is good to know. It is natural and right that people come and go because our spiritual life path leads us all in many different directions. But in ways unseen, perhaps, we are still part of the eternal tapestry and always connected.
Still it is not easy for me at times when my "lovies" move on to bigger and better pastures. I will always try to be here though just in case there is a need. I guess if the Creator wills it so it will be. :)

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

That was nicely stated Sandy, and Jason.

It is a noble pursuit to "Love" and it isn't always easy. We are all students here, but we emulate that which inspires and leaves our Souls satisfied. It is a type of peace that no one outside can rob us of, maybe it is the unspoken desire to get closer to God. I mean, why Love?

Jason you are a bright light and I've always enjoyed your presence here, the post you've shared and the energy you bring to the table.
I am not a FB user but believe we will see each other again.

May you always remain aware of Gods Blessings- your Brother in Arms.
HR :alien:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
pointman19
Family

Post by pointman19 »

I've been seeing why you guys stay away from facebook. I've been attacked so much and so often by people, that's its starting to wear on me.

And my social circle gets smaller and smaller. I'm about to quit Facebook altogether and start focusing on myself.

I want to help people, I REALLY do. To me, it feels like the one thing I can do to payback the Midwayers. But...I think I've got a better 9 year headstart than most. I mean, I still have my 11s blog collecting dust...

I dunno, there just has to be a better way to reach out than through social media.

I want to write more about 1111 and "the guys". I've already done great work before on my 11s blog..

Maybe that's where I should start to redirect my energy, I just don't know. I could use suggestions lol, I'm at a loss and a metaphorical brick wall right now and have been for some time now.

What do you guys think? I have the natural ability to ne a decent writer, at least.... 8)

Starwalker
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Starwalker »

Hi Jason,

Your post brings to mind a few words from the Master, "And be not weary in this well-doing but persevere as one who has been ordained by God for this service of love." (192:2.9) It's easy to get discouraged when we don't see progress. Perhaps a silver lining in this is that it allows us to empathize with Adam and Eve's default. This was a hard blow to our planet, but they were up against a lot. And so are we. The Lucifer Rebellion may be adjudicated, but there are still many people here who embody their philosophies.

I am also doing the Facebook thing. It can be rough at times when dealing with immature souls. Sometimes all we can really do for people is pray for them. Each of us has our own race to run. I have been thinking of new ways to do outreach as well. I have some ideas, but they might take awhile to come to fruition. I just have to be patient and follow the guidance I'm given. It's also good to remember that it isn't our Kingdom. It is God's Kingdom, we are just worker bees. God is in control. Trust and have faith!

"He is the greatest of warriors who overcomes and subdues himself." - The Urantia Book, 131:3:6

Jonathan
”The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.” ~ Arthur C. Clarke
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I think, if that's a passion of yours- to pursue it. And that it is the most noble pursuit, to work on yourself. We each have a journey before us, and that unfolding becomes our religion. It isn't for me to define your religion. Today at work I met a most inspiring Woman, and all she did was lend me her ear. She smiled and was very attentive in her mannerisms. Between her and a few other experiences today I was encouraged back on my path. It's one I can say with certainty- I would call it my religion. I'm far from being there. But there is an ideal, there is a pursuit and there is a cherished connection with God. That journey is the greatest joy, and that communion is the greatest love. With that I put faith in my lifes direction.

I hope this helps you, and I hope you feel creative energy with your website. Continue to work on your self. You never know who you might run into, who you might influence and what that means to God.

Well. That's about it from me. Cheers.
:alien:

PS, I just read that Jonathan is looking for ideas and it seems the two of you are being called to dabble in your creative efforts. There are some good questions in this thread, viewtopic.php?f=52&t=30737&p=212981#p212964
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
pointman19
Family

Post by pointman19 »

Rain,

Thanks so much to the link to that thread, I would have missed it! Thanks again for the sound advice as well. Like Jon says too, it is so easy to get discouraged when you dont see progress. The best way I can liken this experience to....is to imagine your on a mountain top with a handful of people on its summit. And below, you see 7 billion people at different stages of the mountain. Some are shuffling around listlessly at the bottom of it, on the ground...some have their first handhold and the first foothold that begins the ascension.

Some you see clinging on to it for dear life but refuse to let go...some you see at the middle or near the zenith...ALL are struggling...especially those that sit at the top ( because to those who made it to the top, those people know the journey isn't over. There are still many mountains to climb..they just cant be seen. Only felt)

Starwalker

I have loved your presence on these boards. In your short time here, I feel like I have known you for ages! And I love your depth of knowledge of the UB. I have a hard time following that book due to its complexity, but I still have the app on my phone and, at times, I still try to read further into it. Progress has been slow for me in that department but I REALLY enjoy how you seamlessly blend its passages in with your responses. It brings a further clarity to the depths of your mind!

Thanks so much for your answers and Star, if I can be of any help when it comes to outreach, I'd be honored to lend a hand if I can. Ya never know what can be brainstormed when two like minded people work together. Having someone to work alongside with that has the same pure faith in the Midwayers and UB like i do, that's something I've never had the opportunity to experience!

I'm really not trying to make this so long winded (too late LOL) but it's not like i can chat up my next door neighbor and talk about god and Midwayers and spirit guides...i can only do that here.

I would LOVE to try and expand on that..I just dunno how 🤷‍♂️ but I would love to try to spread this info beyond this site if I can ❤💜