Karma Quilts: Stitched with Love — by Jane Clark Jackson

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Memory quilts, made using the clothing or other keepsakes of a deceased loved one, bring comfort as reminders of the person who has passed on. Living memory quilts celebrate a special event or achievement and can be made from clothing and other special items. Karma Quilts grew out of my passion for making memory quilts to bring comfort and warmth to bereaved families. It did not feel right to charge for the making of these special keepsakes, which really become works of the heart as well as the hands, uniting me to the family and to their departed loved one. And yet the materials needed do cost money and many hours of time are needed for creating them. When some dear friends paid me in advance for making a quilt for friends of theirs whose young daughter had passed on, the idea occurred to me that the friends and loved ones of recipients could pay forward for the next quilt to be made for another grieving family, in much the same way that Karma Kitchens invites participants to pay forward the next person’s meal. Thus, Karma Quilts was born.

https://www.dailygood.org/story/2730/ka ... k-jackson/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Karma Quilts: Stitched with Love — by Jane Clark Jackson

Post by Sandy »

What a perfectly beautiful idea.
Thank you, Wellles!
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.