Rupert Sheldrake, The Most Controversial Scientist On Earth, Speaks Out

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Rupert Sheldrake, The Most Controversial Scientist On Earth, Speaks Out

Post by Welles »

We live in a world where stress, anxiety, and depression are on the increase, particularly in modern industrial nations, so any insights that can help us become more balanced and fulfilled, individually and collectively, are to be welcomed.

“If we have a worldview that says the universe is unconscious, meaningless, and when we die that’s it and there’s nothing beyond, and that all legends, all spiritual paths are pointless and illusory, it’s a deeply depressing point of view,” says Sheldrake. “It’s not surprising that in modern societies, which have become very secularised and influenced by this materialist worldview, that depression is the commonest form of mental illness. It’s endemic. And it’s an isolating view. We’re all isolated in the privacy of our skulls, we’re separated from each other. It’s a deeply depressing worldview that often goes hand in hand with a progressive worldview, the idea that we’re a part of progress driven by science and technology, which gives a somewhat more optimistic tinge to the whole thing. But I think without a sense of purpose and meaning in life, without a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves, it’s difficult for humans to thrive. And that’s exactly why I think spiritual practices are so important.”
Rupert Sheldrake, The Most Controversial Scientist On Earth, Speaks Out — by Greg Moffitt

https://www.newdawnmagazine.com/article ... speaks-out

:idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea:
happyrain
Family

Re: Rupert Sheldrake, The Most Controversial Scientist On Earth, Speaks Out

Post by happyrain »

thanks welles!
happy easter 🙂
Volume VI - The Alchemy of Happiness
IDEAL
IF anyone asked me what is the life of life, and what is the light of life, what gives one interest in life, I should answer him in one word, and that is: the ideal. A man with wealth, with qualifications, with learning, with comfort, but without ideal to me is a corpse; but a man without learning, without qualifications, without wealth or rank, but with an ideal is a living man. If a man does not live for an ideal what else does he live for? He lives for himself, which is nothing. The man who lives and does not know an ideal is powerless and without light. The greater the ideal, the greater the person. The wider the ideal the broader the person. The deeper the ideal the deeper the person, the higher the ideal the higher the person. Without an ideal, whatever a man may be in life, life for him is worthless.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_35.htm
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles and Eric,
Thanks for both these insights. Would only insert ' And woman," into the latter.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

kim, whatever makes you happy. i understood it as "human" or "person"
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity