Uplifting Music

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Uplifting Music

Post by Sandy »

Very Nice!... Reminds me of some of the great music...in the movie, "Oh Brother Where Art There "
I like this one too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFamN-oXRMQ

I suspect rivers have had a long history of cleansing, healing and restoring the spirit and soul of those in need. I find your/our River especially soothing and peaceful. :happy

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I thought of the same movie when listening to Down To The River To Pray!

The photos displayed while the song plays fill me with emotion. Makes me wonder what it would have been like to have lived in those times and experienced a baptism in a river. The energy at those gatherings must have been massive.
Sandy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:44 amI suspect rivers have had a long history of cleansing, healing and restoring the spirit and soul of those in need. I find your/our River especially soothing and peaceful.
Me too. A place to heal, myself and others. Speak with celestials and those who have passed. A place to be with friends and family... A place where friends are family! A place where I can fall, knowing someone will always catch me.

Love you sis!
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

That is a great movie.

I really think Spirit is connecting tonight...

https://youtu.be/aMNO9G-OoWI

^ Kind of a neat version of two songs. :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh that was so sweet and soothing and gentle. I felt such peace while listening and observing the movements of the tiny little dancer.
Spirit is all around us.
Thank your Eric.... it has been a good day. :)
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Thanks for introducing a new artist to me! This video is indeed loving and calming. Looks like Kimie Miner' has several beautiful videos out there, lovely voice. Think the next time my granddaughters try to wrestle me to the ground I'll play this video for them, pointing out the joy of seeing grace and serenity from someone around their own age... And I have a new song for the day.
happyrain wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:47 amI really think Spirit is connecting tonight...
That is always wonderful to be a part of!

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi everyone,
I'd recognized long ago songs playing in my head are another way my guardians and angles send messages to me(it's surprising how persistent they can be). This has lead me to have a whole new understanding and appreciation for music and lyrics. Now when a song plays repetitively, especially since it may have been decades since last hearing it, or not knowing the artist or lyrics at all. I've become a musical detective. "Why this song? Why now? How does it pertain to my present situation? Is it for me or someone else?" and, "What does it really mean?"

The search is on. YouTube is an incredible source for answering most of my questions. It's especially helpful when so often is the case I can only remember a few words, or snippets of melody(that play over and over in my head). It's so surprising when viewing the lyrics my original understanding(often have been singing the wrong words for years) has been far off the mark!

My latest musical companion for the past few days it's been 'Angel', by Sarah McLachlan. Not surprising I've always thought the title was 'Arms Of An Angel'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvf_OBuJVE

Sometimes the true meaning(for me) of a song is straightforward. Other times I feel the urge to dig deeper. "What was the artists sentiment in writing this song?" I found this quote on Wikipedia that kind of burrowed into my heart. Ms. McLachlan said it was about a musician from a famous band who died of an overdose. She identified with the feelings that might lead someone to use heroin. Fortunately drugs are not an addiction for me. Her words though, I could relate to.

"I've been in that place where you've messed up and you're so lost that you don't know who you are anymore, and you're miserable—and here's this escape route. I've never done heroin, but I've done plenty of other things to escape."[3] She said that the song is about, "trying not to take responsibility for other people's problems and trying to love yourself at the same time". The combination of the lyrics and her explanation held great meaning for me(as I assumed it would for many others who've been tested to their limits as of late). It allowed me to come up with my own understanding of what the song means to me. A personal message straight to my heart from my angels reminding me, "I'm not alone."

My hope in the sharing my spiritual journey, experiences, and discoveries may perhaps, in some small way, add to the journey of others.

Love to all,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dearest Kim,
you wrote:
My hope in the sharing my spiritual journey, experiences, and discoveries may perhaps, in some small way, add to the journey of others.
Let me assure you, sis, you just did what you hoped as you have so many times in the past.
Thank you. :love

love,
Sandy

I am a blubbering mess right now...but in a good way. :happy
Starwalker
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Starwalker »

Hi Kim,

I have big love for female vocalists, and Sarah McLachlan is one of my favorites. The song Angel has special meaning to me. My grandfather died in 2001. He was in the hospital that was three hours away from my home. My family was notified that he had taken a turn for the worse, and the doctor asked us to come say our goodbyes. On the way to the hospital this song came on the radio. He died before we got there, so I never got to properly say goodbye. But I remembered this song, and took it as a sign that he was with the angels. This may not be the artist's intended meaning of this song, but art speaks to us all differently. Thank you for making me remember this moment in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

Jonathan
”The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.” ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Jonathan,
Glad 'Angel' brought back fond memories for you. I also really like I Will Remember You! Almost took me down another musical rabbit hole.

I hope you don't mind me commenting when you said,
Starwalker wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:35 amHe died before we got there, so I never got to properly say goodbye.
My oldest brother passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. He was on life support for three days. During this time his family and friends filled the waiting room the entire time. I know it's hard to believe, but through the whole three days while his body was unconscious, his spirit was fully aware of what was happening. He sent songs to me right up to a few minutes before he passed reflecting how his health was progressing. My daughter sent texts letting me know he appeared and was communicating with her. She was unable to join us and was over 200 miles away. It was mind blowing! I'm unable to relay the titles of the songs right now, but they're written down in a full account of the experience.

Back to your grandfather and the 'Angel' song. Because of my experiences with the deceased, I'm fairly certain he sent that song to you to say goodbye. In addition, because of experiencing it myself, I believe there is no time limit on conversing with our loved one's living, or nonliving. Just having the thought is like a phone call. We simply have to believe in the possibility.

Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Afternoon everyone,
Anyone who knows me agrees I'm a sucker for acapella groups. Here's another one, with a familiar message. 'You Raise Me Up'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLl0A-lXIc

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh My, that was wonderful... my heart has grown three sizes after listening to it. :)
Thanks Kim!
love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
That's awesome. :kiss:

Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
'It Is Well With My Soul"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FexGqNDBK3g

Realized I should ask your bunnies to join me when venturing down the musical rabbit hole.

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Realized I should ask your bunnies to join me when venturing down the musical rabbit hole.
:lol:
They are very lazy bunnies under most conditions but they would definitely follow you down any magical rabbit hole especially if there are goodies at the bottom. :lol:

Wow! :sunflower: what a powerfully moving song...
Thanks Kim. :cheers:

:loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
They may be lazy, but really isn’t their primary function simply to be adorable? There must be treats!

Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi all,
My sister and I had a few precious hours this weekend to simply be with each other. She said, "I heard this song the other day and can't get it out of my head." Of course I told those are the ones you need to listen to and figure out their message for you. She didn't know the title, so we searched for it on YouTube. So relieved at finding it she continued, "Imagine me sitting at a stop light bawling my eyes out." Seeing and hearing it again she cried her eyes out all over again. I've included a link to both the music video and another one with the lyrics displayed. To me both are very powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fo0A7jpLsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW6K8Kl ... fo0A7jpLsk

love to all,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Kim, that song felt very much like a (((((hug)))) from the Creator of all. :kiss:

…and I had a thought while listening... You spoke on the Secret thread of your beautiful daughter, Aleah, standing in the storm hands raised with a big ole smile on her face as she looked into the heavens... now we know why... :happy
That image and this song is such a source of comfort for me. :sunflower:

Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
And here's a hug from me! {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} :mrgreen:

Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Happy 2/22/2022 Everyone!
It's been awhile since sharing to this thread. Avi Kaplan has been a favorite of mine. Came across this one today. I really like the message.

All is well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MKH_ATSkY

Love to all,
Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Wow Kim, this was very healing.

Thank you.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Often times when my spirit needs healing I turn to music, it works for me.

Here is another one of his called Otherside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DArPxJDoIU

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

This guys vibe reminds me of this song, I'm sure I've posted it here before...

https://youtu.be/YUPA0C60YDE
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
I can see the similarities.

Been drawn to more blue grassy music lately. Still LOVE those harmonies!

The Wailin Jennys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEGCvR9 ... ru&index=5

Kim

Heavensabove
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Heavensabove »

Hi Eric and Kim,

I have listened to all of these and love every one of them.

I thought I would throw in my pennys worth.

Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pP_dCenJA

Love the words to this song. If I'm ever feeling down I watch this.

Keep safe all.

Shane.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Wow :hithere Great song