When I Say I Know You — by Jiddu Krishnamurti

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

When I say I know you, I mean I knew you yesterday. I do not know you actually now. All I know is my image of you. That image is put together by what you have said in praise of me or to insult me, what you have done to me - it is put together by all the memories I have of you - and your image of me is put together in the same way, and it is those images which have relationship and which prevent us from really communing with each other.

Two people who have lived together for a long time have an image of each other which prevents them from really being in relationship. If we understand relationship we can co-operate but co-operation cannot possibly exist through images, through symbols, through ideological conceptions. Only when we understand the true relationship between each other is there a possibility of love, and love is denied when we have images. Therefore it is important to understand, not intellectually but actually in your daily life, how you have built images about your wife, your husband, your neighbor, your child, your country, your leaders, your politicians, your gods - you have nothing but images.

These images create the space between you and what you observe and in that space there is conflict, so what we are going to find out now together is whether it is possible to be free of the space we create, not only outside ourselves but in ourselves, the space which divides people in all their relationships.

https://www.awakin.org/v2/read/view.php ... o&tid=2530

:bike: KNOK :loves
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: When I Say I Know You — by Jiddu Krishnamurti

Post by happyrain »

Divine timing friend! Thank you. =)
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity