“An Island of Light.” - “An Island of Light.”

You can receive these messages directly into your mail-box. See the sticky inside this forum for details. Don't try to post here, because its deliberately limited to Admins.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

“An Island of Light.” - “An Island of Light.”

Post by Sandy »

Urantia, May 21, 2006.
Teacher: The Beloved.
Subject: “An Island of Light.”

Message Received by Lytske.

The Beloved: “Today let Me talk about willfulness and the ego, a subject which crops up frequently.

On your path to self-mastery, these matters need your intense scrutiny if you sincerely desire to do the will of the Creator with a glad and joyful heart. It is then that you need to be vigilant in your self-examination, because often the ego also plays a role.

Willfulness and ego are like identical twins, and difficult to separate at times. When something bad happens, and because of the after-effects, you may need to ask yourself, “How could I have handled this differently, or how can I behave better next time?”

Often there is no “next time”, which gives rise to guilt, regret, resentment, anger and more. These are all spirit poisons.

Impatience is a curse, especially in speech. Harsh, hurtful and untrue words, can never be recalled, and echo throughout eternity.

Words can deeply wound tender hearts when willfulness is out of control, often together with an immature ego that needs to have the last word.

I know that oftentimes it is a fine line to walk when your reaction is perceived to be in self-defense. Ponder these words, My beloved, for these are two great areas in which to practice self-discipline on the way to self-mastery.

Just for one day, moment by moment, live consciously and check your reaction to others. Are they coming from love, or are they coming from hastiness and impatience?

In sincerely doing the will of the Creator you need to tackle your negative traits, and in doing so, you are becoming an island of light, peace, harmony and balance in an utterly stressful and dark world.

Earthly certificates and diplomas are of no significance in eternal life. Only self-mastery is important.

Come to Me daily for nurturing, help and further instruction, for that is why I dwell within you, to help you progress into all that you can be in eternity.”

© The 11:11 Progress Group.
I Am the Satisfaction of Your Soul — The Beloved One.
www.1111AkashicConstruct.com
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.