Lobsang Rampa: The Cave of the Ancients (1963)

Discussions of spiritual books
atsguy
Family

Lobsang Rampa: The Cave of the Ancients (1963)

Post by atsguy »

Lobsang Rampa was Cyril Henry Hoskin (8 April 1910 – 25 January 1981), a plumber from Plympton in Devon who claimed that his body hosted the spirit of a Tibetan lama going by the name of Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, who is purported to have authored the books. He wrote a series of ground breaking books during his life, some that contained immense works of wisdom and spiritual teachings and ancient knowledge. Especially dealing with the history of the earth, the the civilizations that came before.

His story sounds remarkably similar to what the urantia book calls a destiny reservant. Who get knowledge passed down from one to the other at the moment of death.

In his book the cave of the ancients, from chapter 5, page 62-72. He gives a detailed description of the experience that the monk had during his travels in Tibet. When a group from monastery went to go show the knew initiate monk the cave of the ancients, that contained technology and knowledge that was hidden by ancient scientists from thousands of years ago. To be used when the earth recovered from their war/cataclysm by a more peaceful scientifically advanced future earth civilization.

Page 62-72:
http://www.innerpath.com.au/rampa/The_C ... cients.pdf

It’s hard to pinpoint, but I feel he is describing things during the time of Adam, before the sinking of the first garden. Or it could be during the days of Van when he moved to the highlands.

Except:
subject—at a later date.”
With our training it was easy indeed to select the point at which the Machine had faded out its pictures. We saw the procession of men and women, notables of that time no doubt, file out of the Cave. Machines with vast arms slid what appeared to be half a mountain over the entrance. The cracks and crevices where surfaces met were carefully sealed, and the group of people and the workmen went away. Machines rolled into the distance and for a time, some months, the scene was quiet. We saw a high priest standing on the steps of an immense Pyramid, exhorting his listeners to war. The pictures impressed upon the Scrolls of Time rolled on, changed, and we saw the opposing camp. Saw the leaders ranting and raving. Time moved on. We saw streaks of white vapour in the blue of the skies, and then those skies turned red. The whole world trembled and shook. We, watching, experienced vertigo. The darkness of the night fell over the world. Black clouds, shot with vivid flames, rolled around the whole globe. Cities flamed briefly and were gone.
Across the land surged the raging seas. Sweeping all before it, a giant wave, taller than the tallest building had been, roared across the land, its crest bearing aloft the flotsam of a dying civilization. The Earth shook and thundered in agony, great chasms appeared and closed again like the gaping maws of a giant. The mountains waved like willow twigs in a storm, waved, and sank beneath the seas. Land masses rose from the waters and became mountains. The whole surface of the world was in a state of change, of continuous motion. A few scattered survivors, out of millions, fled shrieking to the newly risen mountains. Others, afloat in ships that somehow survived the upheaval, reached the high ground

and fled into any hiding place they could find. The Earth itself stood still, stopped its direction of rotation, and then turned in the opposite direction. Forests flashed from trees to scattered ash in the twinkling of an eye. The surface of the Earth was desolate, ruined, charred to a black crisp. Deep in holes, or in the lava-tunnels of extinct volcanoes, a scattered handful of Earth's population, driven insane by the catastrophe, cowered and gibbered in their terror. From the black skies fell a whitish substance, sweet to the taste, sustaining of life.
In the course of centuries the Earth changed again; the seas were now land, and the lands that had been were now seas. A low-lying plain had its rocky walls cracked and sundered, and the waters rushed in to form the Sea now known as the Mediterranean. Another sea nearby sank through a gap in the sea bed, and as the waters left and the bed dried, the Sahara Desert was formed. Over the face of the Earth wandered wild tribes who, by the light of their camp fires, told of the old legends, told of the Flood of Lemuria, and Atlantis. They told, too, of the day the Sun Stood Still.
The Cave of the Ancients lay buried in the silt of a half-drowned world. Safe from intruders, it rested far beneath the surface of the land. In course of time, fast-running streams would wash away the silt, the debris, and allow the rocks to stand forth in the sunlight once more. At last, heated by the sun and cooled by a sudden icy shower, the rock face would split with thunderous noise and we would be able to enter.
We shook ourselves, stretched our cramped limbs, and rose wearily to our feet. The experience had been a shattering one. Now we had to eat, to sleep, and on the morrow we would look about us again so that we might perhaps learn something. Then, our mission accomplished, we would wall up the entrance as directed. The Cave would sleep again in peace until men of goodwill and high intelligence would come again. I wandered to the Cave mouth and looked down upon the desolation, upon the riven rocks, and I wondered what a man of the Old Times would think if he could rise from his grave to stand beside me, here. As I turned in to the interior I marveled at the contrast; a lama was lighting a fire with flint and tinder, igniting some dried yak dung which we had brought for that purpose. Around us were the machines and artifacts of a bygone age. We—modern men—were heating water over a dung fire,

surrounded by such marvelous machines that they were beyond our comprehension. I sighed, and turned my thoughts to that of mixing tea and tsampa.
Although the urantia book doesn’t give an exact date it does give a hint that maybe 15,000- 30,000 years ago some major cataclysm happend. If this was the one discussed by rampa, the urantia book really down playa the severity of it. But then again when ur a celestial I wouldn’t doubt u would look at planetary things as trivial:
2. Climatic and Geologic Changes

80:2.1 (890.5) The early expansion of the violet race into Europe was cut short by certain rather sudden climatic and geologic changes. With the retreat of the northern ice fields the water-laden winds from the west shifted to the north, gradually turning the great open pasture regions of Sahara into a barren desert. This drought dispersed the smaller-statured brunets, dark-eyed but long-headed dwellers of the great Sahara plateau.

80:2.2 (890.6) The purer indigo elements moved southward to the forests of central Africa, where they have ever since remained. The more mixed groups spread out in three directions: The superior tribes to the west migrated to Spain and thence to adjacent parts of Europe, forming the nucleus of the later Mediterranean long-headed brunet races. The least progressive division to the east of the Sahara plateau migrated to Arabia and thence through northern Mesopotamia and India to faraway Ceylon. The central group moved north and east to the Nile valley and into Palestine.

80:2.3 (890.7) It is this secondary Sangik substratum that suggests a certain degree of kinship among the modern peoples scattered from the Deccan through Iran, Mesopotamia, and along both shores of the Mediterranean Sea.

80:2.4 (890.8) About the time of these climatic changes in Africa, England separated from the continent, and Denmark arose from the sea, while the isthmus of Gibraltar, protecting the western basin of the Mediterranean, gave way as the result of an earthquake, quickly raising this inland lake to the level of the Atlantic Ocean. Presently the Sicilian land bridge submerged, creating one sea of the Mediterranean and connecting it with the Atlantic Ocean. This cataclysm of nature flooded scores of human settlements and occasioned the greatest loss of life by flood in all the world’s history. *

80:2.5 (891.1) This engulfment of the Mediterranean basin immediately curtailed the westward movements of the Adamites, while the great influx of Saharans led them to seek outlets for their increasing numbers to the north and east of Eden. As the descendants of Adam journeyed northward from the valleys of the Tigris and Euphrates, they encountered mountainous barriers and the then expanded Caspian Sea. And for many generations the Adamites hunted, herded, and tilled the soil around their settlements scattered throughout Turkestan. Slowly this magnificent people extended their territory into Europe. But now the Adamites enter Europe from the east and find the culture of the blue man thousands of years behind that of Asia since this region has been almost entirely out of touch with Mesopotamia.
Also you can find more of his books here: http://www.innerpath.com.au/rampa/0rampa_index.html
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Lobsang Rampa: The Cave of the Ancients (1963)

Post by Sandy »

Thank you atsguy,

That was fascinating! Definitely it was not a good time to be human on Urantia. While Rampa's relating of the events gives more detail, I can definitely see a correlation between the two accounts. I hope my children and grandchildren never have to go through something so civilisation shattering.

Thanks again... I would like to read more. :D
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
atsguy
Family

Re: Lobsang Rampa: The Cave of the Ancients (1963)

Post by atsguy »

Sandy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:54 pm Thank you atsguy,

That was fascinating! Definitely it was not a good time to be human on Urantia. While Rampa's relating of the events gives more detail, I can definitely see a correlation between the two accounts. I hope my children and grandchildren never have to go through something so civilisation shattering.

Thanks again... I would like to read more. :D
xxSandy
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net