Discussions of spiritual books
EnergyGem
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

Post by EnergyGem »

Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

● Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

● The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

● Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

● Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

● The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

● Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

https://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

Post by Sandy »

Hi EnergyGem,

First of all, I like your avatar... with my "old eyes" the figure in the avi seems to be opal-like. (Opals are one of my favourite gems.) It is lovely, and for me, seemingly quite expressive.

Second, thank you for providing such a well written and thought out book review. It is a bonus too that the URL you provide gives us an opportunity to view the book at no cost. I am sure you will have many "takers"who will read this book to their advantage.

Welcome to the message board.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hey EnergyGem,
Glad to see you here. Are you on the reincarnation forum as well? I think I was reading this post the other day.

Welcome to the 1111 MB.

Kind regards,
HR
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
EnergyGem
New Friend

Post by EnergyGem »

Sandy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 pm Hi EnergyGem,

First of all, I like your avatar... with my "old eyes" the figure in the avi seems to be opal-like. (Opals are one of my favourite gems.) It is lovely, and for me, seemingly quite expressive.

Second, thank you for providing such a well written and thought out book review. It is a bonus too that the URL you provide gives us an opportunity to view the book at no cost. I am sure you will have many "takers"who will read this book to their advantage.

Welcome to the message board.

xxSandy
Hi Sandy, thank you for the warm welcome. Yes the avatar is from a work by Gilbert Williams called 'The Introspecter'. I just like the celestial and magical look of it. You can see a larger version of the painting here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpecArt/commen ... _williams/

Yes in regards to the book I knew when I read it it was something really special and wanted to give it a proper introduction. I really hope you and the community here find it insightful. :)

happyrain wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:36 pm Hey EnergyGem,
Glad to see you here. Are you on the reincarnation forum as well? I think I was reading this post the other day.

Welcome to the 1111 MB.

Kind regards,
HR
Hi HappyRain, thank you for the welcome. Yes I am a member over there too. I feel this book is something quite special and decided to share it over there aswell. : )
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

EnergyGem,
Zhuan Falun dies sound interesting! Welcome to the boards!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
EnergyGem
New Friend

Post by EnergyGem »

Seeker13 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:03 pm EnergyGem,
Zhuan Falun dies sound interesting! Welcome to the boards!

Kim
Thank you Kim, and I hope you find the book insightful. :)
EnergyGem
New Friend

Post by EnergyGem »

Hi all, I just noticed that the link to Zhuan Falun is not valid anymore. I'm not sure why it was changed but a working link to the book is here:

https://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf

:sunflower:

(P.S : I tried to change my original post to update the link but I couldn't find how to do it)
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thanks for posting EnergyGem. I liked the part you posted about the mind on the reincarnation forum. I never told you but my alias there is cloud potato.

Nice to meet you, again.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
EnergyGem
New Friend

Post by EnergyGem »

happyrain wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:51 am Thanks for posting EnergyGem. I liked the part you posted about the mind on the reincarnation forum. I never told you but my alias there is cloud potato.

Nice to meet you, again.
Hi Happyrain, oh I loved that quote too. Should I share it here too? I think I will :)

Also, I will look out for you at the reincarnation forums now that I know your username. :)

This is the quote Happyrain is referring to, it's really quite inspiring to think of ourselves as micro universes, I hope people here will find it interesting:

"The human mind is complex. I’ve spoken with you before about how a person’s brain is merely a processing plant. A person is born from his mother’s womb, with his parents’ flesh and blood, and then grows by consuming earthly foods. And at death, whether he’s buried in the earth or cremated, he turns to dust. The brain itself, strictly speaking, is not the origin of one’s thoughts. Don’t people have a soul? Doesn’t a person’s body also consist of a part that is at various microscopic layers and that isn’t in the surface dimension? All of those can generate thoughts. Some people have said that the human body is a miniature universe. Think about how many cells are contained in a person’s brain. And how many molecules make up those cells?

And how many even more minuscule particles make up those molecules? Each minuscule particle, as positioned in space, looks as does a celestial body to the human eye. Everyone looks outwardly. Every planet in this greater universe has life on it, only it’s not in this surface dimension and thus it’s invisible to you. America’s space technology is said to be so advanced, yet when they land on other planets they see nothing there but a desolate world. But it is not desolate there; it’s just that man’s technology is too shallow. How many planets are there in this universe? The cells, molecules, and more minuscule particles in the human brain have the same arrangement as that of the universe that we see, and even the sequencing is the same. How many particles are there in your human body?

How many planets are there inside your brain? If the lives on those minuscule particles (that is, planets) were to look upon the particles spread throughout the space of the brain, would it be any different from how human beings look at planets or the universe? If you are to look at it this way, doesn’t a person’s brain contain a large universe? And how many beings, how many gods, and how many still greater beings exist there in those dimensions? Given that all of those countless beings have their own minds, where exactly do humans’ thoughts come from? It’s extraordinarily complex."

- Fa Teaching at the 2013 Western U.S. Fa Conference

https://en.minghui.org/html/articles/20 ... 42936.html
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello again EnergyGem and you too cloud potato, :)

Thank you for checking the post and noticing the link is broken. I've now changed it on your first post.
The post you shared with us from the R forum is one of those things that makes your head woozy(in a good way) by just thinking about it...Isn't God, the universe, the world and our bodies the most amazing and mind boggling things...( \=gfvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv...sorry...our sweet cat just walked across my laptop... I decided I would leave his "two cents". :lol: )

It is lovely to see you again on the board EnergyGem. You have such a kind energy.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
EnergyGem
New Friend

Post by EnergyGem »

Sandy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:08 pm Hello again EnergyGem and you too cloud potato, :)

Thank you for checking the post and noticing the link is broken. I've now changed it on your first post.
The post you shared with us from the R forum is one of those things that makes your head woozy(in a good way) by just thinking about it...Isn't God, the universe, the world and our bodies the most amazing and mind boggling things...( \=gfvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv...sorry...our sweet cat just walked across my laptop... I decided I would leave his "two cents". :lol: )

It is lovely to see you again on the board EnergyGem. You have such a kind energy.

xxSandy
Hi Sandy,

Thankyou for the kind words and also for fixing the link. Hopefully they won't change it in the future. :)

And the quote really makes my head spin too! :roll But also it makes me feel that maybe the fantasy movies we see and the wonderous books of sci fi and fantasy aren't fantasy at all but are just people channeling these other inner worlds into our dimension for us to see and explore! Just a lil idea I've been having lately.

What makes me really excited is the fact that this world is far more magical, wonderous and mysterious then we can ever imagine. :) :sunflower:

Also, you're kitty sounds cheeky and adorable ,kitties are such great companions. :loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi EnergyGem,
And the quote really makes my head spin too! :roll But also it makes me feel that maybe the fantasy movies we see and the wonderous books of sci fi and fantasy aren't fantasy at all but are just people channeling these other inner worlds into our dimension for us to see and explore! Just a lil idea I've been having lately.
You know, I had that same thought years go when I first read, "The Lord of the Rings". I thought then that Tolkien may have very well described the history and happenings on another planet in the universe. If I have learned one thing it is, "Anything is possible. " and that idea makes me smile with delight at the thoughts of our eternal "playground."

What makes me really excited is the fact that this world is far more magical, wonderous and mysterious then we can ever imagine. :) :sunflower:
:cheers:

Also, you're kitty sounds cheeky and adorable ,kitties are such great companions.

Yep, he is cheeky and adorable and he has a brother kitty by another mother too. The two of them are both disabled. Ringo, the computer walker, was born with a small part of one of his lower back legs missing and Gee Gee is missing an eye. My Son and his wife adopted both of them from a cat sanctuary. They were best buds there and although the kids went there to adopt Ringo...they couldn't separate the two cats when they saw how bonded they were to each other, so they took them both home. It was one of the best decisions they ever made. We love them dearly. :D

xxSandy
EnergyGem
New Friend

Post by EnergyGem »

Sandy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:25 pm You know, I had that same thought years go when I first read, "The Lord of the Rings". I thought then that Tolkien may have very well described the history and happenings on another planet in the universe. If I have learned one thing it is, "Anything is possible. " and that idea makes me smile with delight at the thoughts of our eternal "playground."
Lord of the rings is a great example. I think Tolkien really did channel that world from a distant world or one of his 'inner worlds' as it were. Another movie/book that comes to mind is the Never Ending Story, an oldie but a goodie. Always loved that luck dragon and the rock biter. :)

Sandy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:25 pm Yep, he is cheeky and adorable and he has a brother kitty by another mother too. The two of them are both disabled. Ringo, the computer walker, was born with a small part of one of his lower back legs missing and Gee Gee is missing an eye. My Son and his wife adopted both of them from a cat sanctuary. They were best buds there and although the kids went there to adopt Ringo...they couldn't separate the two cats when they saw how bonded they were to each other, so they took them both home. It was one of the best decisions they ever made. We love them dearly. :D

xxSandy
They sound like an inseparable furry duo. :D So lovely of you and the fam to care for disabled kitties, shows you have all have big compassionate hearts. :sunflower: My kitty (Peach) passed last year, it was hard but I know he is in a better place now. :happy

Oh, also on the topic of other dimensions there's a section in Zhuan Falun on dreams (which also fascinating to me). The book states that are dreams are actually seeing into these inner dimensions! (I believe it myself too. :) ) :

There are several forms that thoughts might take, as indicated by all of the different terms people use, such as the unconscious, the subconscious, inspiration, and dreams. Let’s take up the topic of dreams. Spiritual teachers are reluctant to try to explain how they work.

These are exceptionally complex phenomena, for at the time of your birth other parallel versions of you were born simultaneously in multiple dimensions of the universe, and together they form a complete body with you, linked via the mind; you also have inside your body a true soul, a secondary soul, and a wide array of supernatural beings, each with its own appearance; and every cell, along with your internal organs, reflects your appearance and energies in other dimensions.

There has always been a question as to what accounts for the apparent randomness of dreams. The medical sciences attribute it to alterations in brain waves, which is the measurable form that it assumes here. But those waves are actually responses to signals from other dimensions. Whatever the case, you needn’t concern yourself with what happens in dreams where everything is hazy and confused, since those dreams aren’t significant. There is, however, one class of dreams that is significant and that shouldn’t be thought of as “just dreams.” These are the dreams where your own mind—i.e., your true soul—saw that you were approached by a family member, or something vivid took place, or you witnessed or experienced something firsthand.

In those instances your true soul really did experience something in another dimension, since your mind was lucid and things were lifelike. What you experienced did indeed happen, only it happened in another physical dimension and space-time. And so such things shouldn’t be written off as just dreams, even if your body here in this world was asleep and doing what would be considered dreaming. But only in these cases are dreams significant.

- from Zhuan Falun, Thoughts and the Mind