10 Quotes From Hermann Hesse’s Siddhartha That Will Truly Inspire You

Discussions of spiritual books
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

10 Quotes From Hermann Hesse’s Siddhartha That Will Truly Inspire You

Post by Welles »

I loved being reminded of Siddhartha. It was an important book to me at one time in my journey.
Hermann Hesse’s timeless book, Siddhartha, should be required reading for any spiritual seeker. The book is about Siddhartha’s journey as a respected son of a Brahmin. Everyone expects that he will follow in his father’s footsteps. He enjoys an idyllic life and follows the tenets of his religion expecting that they will bring him peace and happiness. He feels the pangs of discontent though, and observes that his father and elders have not yet reached enlightenment, even though they too have followed the instructions of their religion. When starving and naked ascetics cross Siddhartha’s path one day, his journey truly begins. On this endeavor, he comes to a river that teaches him many life lessons.

If you haven’t had a chance to be profoundly awakened by this book yet, here are ten quotes from it that will move you to question your own environment, religion, culture, and relationships, to possibly find something more.

“Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else … Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
That last sentence in the bold font is the first of the ten quotes that Christina chose to include and to which she adds a thought or two of her own.

10 Quotes From Hermann Hesse’s Siddhartha That Will Truly Inspire You — by Christina Sarich

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/12/31/ ... spire-you/

Image Welles