Prayers for Manny

Post any prayer or healing requests here.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Prayers for Manny

Post by Sandy »

Hi everyone,
I am asking for prayers for Manny, the 17 year old son of a very dear friend of ours, Petra. (Many of you may remember our Petra who posted for many years on the message board.)

Petra wrote:
“ On May 2 Manny had 3 asthma attacks, the last one being almost deathly but luckily the paramedics were waiting for him and dispatched him from the boat taxi to the ambulance where they revived him. His vitals are all good and strong, but unfortunately, from being in the induced coma for 2 weeks, his chest and throat muscles are weak, thus they still have not removed the breathing pipe. He's in the ICU, and often in a uncomfortable state, due to the pipes and drips. The doctor's are talking of a tracheotomy op if his chest and throat muscles don’t improve. I pray it doesn't come to that. “

Please pray for Manny and send healing for this lovely young man.
Thank you!
Hugs,
Sandy

Manny is in a hospital in the middle of Greece, away from the family home in Corsica. So please remember the family too in your prayers.
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Re: Prayers for Manny

Post by happyrain »

:!:

I will include Manny and Petra in my prayers
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Eric,
I heard from Petra today. She said the doctors had the ventilation tubes out of his throat for just a little while but the throat and chest muscles were not strong enough to sustain it. So they will do a tracheotomy op tomorrow and then he will be more comfortable with the tubes out of his throat. His muscles should get stronger and then the hole in his throat should close up. Please keep praying for Manny and the family. This has been a rough month.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:finger:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Any news on Manny? Aleah saw that he was in the hospital on Facebook, but didn't know what happened.

Love,

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,
The third asthma attack must have rendered him lifeless or nearly lifeless. Whenever that happens parts of your body and your organs sometimes are slow to recover. They put Manny into an induced coma to help his body rest as everything begins a reset. Unfortunately a side affect of the induced comma is it caused his lung and throat muscles to be very weak. To get him off the ventilator they had to give Manny a tracheotomy to help him breath. ( It will eventually close shut) But despite all this, he is progressing. Mathilda and Phi's Mom have been with him as he was away from home when this occurred in Greece and maybe even on a yacht? Not sure about that just making deductions from what Pet has told me. Phil was there a little over a week ago and Petra is leaving Saturday to be with him. She will feel a lot better when she can be with him I know. But all things considered they are holding up well. Please keep them in your prayers. I know you understand how dangerous this asthma thing is as Aleah was a sufferer as well. He has lost a bit of weight but as you may have noticed from Petra's photos on FB. he didn't have much on him to begin with. :(

Anyway let's keep him, Pet and the family in our prayers. :kiss:

hugs,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Thanks for the update. Can't believe I didn't see this until now. So scary when your kid can't breathe! … Makes it all come flooding back again. Poor Pet, and to not be there, must have been torture for her! I'm never on Facebook, so didn't realize anything had happened. Hope he'll make a complete recovery. I'll definitely keep Manny and his family in my prayers.

Thanks again!
Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Don't feel bad Kim. I was late too and didn't find out until several weeks. I think it happened around May 2. Pet is leaving tomorrow so let's say a prayer for her well being and safety.
Gosh I love you guys just like sisters...
xxSandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Praying for everyone whenever I think of them. We are all family. :loves

Love,
Kim