Prayers for my Dad

Post any prayer or healing requests here.
Heavensabove
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Prayers for my Dad

Post by Heavensabove »

I know I have been absent for a while due to health issues and various other reasons but I was wondering if I could ask for prayers for my dad Bob who passed this morning. I am overseas which makes it even more difficult, he was my best mate.

Thank you all in Advance

Shane.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Prayers for my Dad

Post by happyrain »

Dear Shane,

I was just thinking about you. I pray you and your best mate have another chance to connect, now that he's free to move around. I believe your Dad is well and I pray he helps instill this confidence in you.

I pray you are well too Shane, it's nice to see you posting.

I'm sorry for such a somber moment... Losing parents is tough... But I really believe they go on living... It sounds like you two had a special connection, and I hope the cherished memories grant you peace and comfort.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Heavensabove
Family

Post by Heavensabove »

happyrain wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:03 am Dear Shane,

I was just thinking about you. I pray you and your best mate have another chance to connect, now that he's free to move around. I believe your Dad is well and I pray he helps instill this confidence in you.

I pray you are well too Shane, it's nice to see you posting.

I'm sorry for such a somber moment... Losing parents is tough... But I really believe they go on living... It sounds like you two had a special connection, and I hope the cherished memories grant you peace and comfort.
Thank you Eric,

Your comforting words mean so much to me at this time.
I will be back to the boards once I get home in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again,
Shane.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Safe travels, and looking forward to hearing from you soon. = )
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh Shane,

Your words... the sad news about your dad...my heart breaks for you...and being away from home... :cry:
I rejoice in Eric's words as I know this is so true. After George passed he went from being bed ridden to in the fraction of a moment visiting those he loved. (Geoff can attest to that.) Of course, it is hard even with all that for those of us left behind temporarily... to accept the physical separation. Our brains and even our heart and soul knows the very gift that death can provide our loved ones...Yet...in my case, anyway, I long for my Georges face, his voice, his laughter. But the reality is, we have these things still...They are all wrapped up in something written on our souls and something death cannot erase as love never ever dies... The reunion in the next world will be something we will never forget.

I love you dear brother and I say prayers and light a candle for you and Melody at this very difficult time.
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Shane,
You know I have a different perspective on death than most people. Please know my words are not in any way meant to minimize how you are feeling right now.

Sitting here considering your Dad's passing(the overhead light blipping and blinking as I write). The words, "Rejoice! Rejoice!" Dance through my thoughts. A feeling washes over me that he loves you more than ever believed possible! Did he like to sing and/or dance in his younger days? That's the image I'm getting now. Lol, what a funny guy.

It's difficult for those of us who are left behind having to traverse this world without them. Hearts feel heavy missing their presence, their touch, so many things left unsaid... But if we can look past what seems 'gone' even for a moment, imagine what it must feel like to no longer suffer, feel the pain of an aging body and mind deserting you... That must feel heavenly.(many celestial symbols are lighting up on my face!)

What if,... you could see the man with renewed vigor, dancing and singing his way through his next life, his love pulsing toward you? I truly believe this is the bridge we are to be building in our ideas about death. In my experience a thought is like a phone call. Imagine if our hearts could unburden themselves from the loss, and embrace the idea, "All is truly well... This is not the end for us. Perhaps it's another beginning?"

Sincerely sending loving healing light to you and Melody,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Heavensabove
Family

Post by Heavensabove »

Seeker13 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:08 am Hi Shane,
You know I have a different perspective on death than most people. Please know my words are not in any way meant to minimize how you are feeling right now.

Sitting here considering your Dad's passing(the overhead light blipping and blinking as I write). The words, "Rejoice! Rejoice!" Dance through my thoughts. A feeling washes over me that he loves you more than ever believed possible! Did he like to sing and/or dance in his younger days? That's the image I'm getting now. Lol, what a funny guy.

It's difficult for those of us who are left behind having to traverse this world without them. Hearts feel heavy missing their presence, their touch, so many things left unsaid... But if we can look past what seems 'gone' even for a moment, imagine what it must feel like to no longer suffer, feel the pain of an aging body and mind deserting you... That must feel heavenly.(many celestial symbols are lighting up on my face!)

What if,... you could see the man with renewed vigor, dancing and singing his way through his next life, his love pulsing toward you? I truly believe this is the bridge we are to be building in our ideas about death. In my experience a thought is like a phone call. Imagine if our hearts could unburden themselves from the loss, and embrace the idea, "All is truly well... This is not the end for us. Perhaps it's another beginning?"

Sincerely sending loving healing light to you and Melody,
Kim
Hi Kim,

I totally understand what you are saying. Your comforting words and insight, as usual are more than a comfort to me.

Yes I get the "Rejoice! Rejoice!" He is now free of quite a few things. As far as singing I think he thought he could sing. With the dancing, definitely. He was a real rocker in his younger days. Many friends of dads always used to comment when I was young as to how good a dancer he was.
Yes he was a funny guy. I proudly say that I inherited my sense of humour and wit from him.

Your words have given me another perspective, thank you Kim.

Dad actually came through as an image this morning. I will post it shortly.

I hope yourself and your family are all well.

Shane.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Shane,
{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}} :bana:

Sending much love and healing to you and your sweet wife Melody.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.