The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,
yes I hear you,,,
we never know how long we have to stay and learn
at times I remember,,,,to live.....it's wonderful to get the mind stimulation and be taught...alot of things,,,but you know,,sometimes we seek soo hard,,,when it's all right in front of our noses,,,especially when you look in a mirror....

if you've had moments of being stuck in 'anger',,,then try to remember which energycenter it belongs to (sacral),,,then breathe it up to your heart centre and breathe it out....release it....

let go of the applecart too...

talk to you soon dear,,,

Sandy,,,that's funny about your turkey,,,,hope you enjoyed it anyway,

tomorrow the 27th (which it is for you already),,,is the USA turkey day...

I'm not sure if I'm going to cook any turkey or even a piece of one for myself....if I had one in the freezer I might consider it...

maybe I'll do myself some prawns and garlic,,,,

love to everyone...

pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Sher
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Sher »

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. Gordon and I will be spending the day together here at home. He isn't to crazy about turkey so we're having a small ham for just the two of us with apple pie and ice cream for dessert. :bana: I give myself permission to eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. I try to be good the rest of the time.

I'll be cooking the turkey in a couple of weeks for the Soroptimist Christmas Dinner.

We'll probably spend the afternoon putting up the Christmas decorations. :santa: I want to get everything up so I know what not to buy at the sales on Friday. :lol:

I give thanks for each and every one of you.

All my love and best wishes,
Sher
Intolerance is Intolerable.

Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go.
- T.S. Eliot
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
I'm starting to move out of that awful space .....thankyou for the words of kindness and wisdom. Hope your turkey was good, Sandy.
Hi Sher,
Hope your dinner goes well too. Apple pie and ice cream sounds nice...
You are such a loving lot here.....and I feel so thankful to know you all.
Love lilly xxooxx
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
Last night I ate too many sweets.....a mars bar...licourice allsorts....overload....and enjoyed them too. Well I don't drink apart from the odd glass of good wine, don't smoke...so have to do something now and then.. Lol
Have a lovely day.
Love lilly xxxooxxox
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly and everyone too,,,

love seeing a new avi Lilly,,,were you in a rather festive mood ???

love the 'topper' too....

glad to hear things are moving for you,,,

love pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

Wow, Lilly! I never would have recognized you from one photo to the other. I love the new one. You're beautiful!

- T.S. Eliot
lilly

Post by lilly »

Thankyou Sher, so are you. I've had some really awful photos taken of me...Lol usually by friends....haha
pp, I've been putting up decorations for the children mainly to cheer things up and also for myself....my inner child. My grandson is coming to stay Saturday night....he needs help with a school project so Nan to the rescue...
Love lilly xxooxxo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

That's great! You're so blessed to have Grandchildren. Matthew and Emily (M & Em) are talking about having children within the next year or two. I can hardly wait. It's been a long time since I had a little one in my life. I've missed it terribly.

- T.S. Eliot
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

Sher wrote:That's great! You're so blessed to have Grandchildren. Matthew and Emily (M & Em) are talking about having children within the next year or two. I can hardly wait. It's been a long time since I had a little one in my life. I've missed it terribly.
That's touching, Sher. I look forward to the day when i have a little one to care for, although i hope it will not happen just yet :lol:

Love
Star
Now i know the answer to the question:
Do dreams come true?
Still staring at the world
Through my rear view.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly and everyone,,,

well, I've got 10 totes down from the attic,,,plus some smaller boxes, and have just been looking at them so far....

this little inner child, doesn't want to 'do the work',,,

I'll be up to it in a few days,,,,but I had to have allan get them down before he left for work again....I peeked in one,,,and closed the lid...it was large bows that go up on the ends of the lights which drape around the windows...

bad description that was...

oh well,,,those lights have to go up first,,,then the bows,,,hmmmm wonder where the lights are ???

have fun Lilly,,,,I'm going to.....once I get at it...

love pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
I've been helping my Grandson most of the afternoon and evening to make a board game from scratch for 2 to 4 players....the theme being the Solar System....to be honest I had no idea what to do....asking for help from our friends as I was feeling very overwhelmed...that sounds ridiculous...doesn't it. We've finished it and ..well ...it's fantastic and we had so much fun tonight playing it. Being the wicked thing I am...suggesting we add a snakes and ladders type...twist to it. We changed it so that if you land on the moon..back to earth you go...It really was a little too friendly. Makes it more challenging....It was good to let him use his own ideas and drawing things himself....
He added squares where you have to answer a question from a pack of cards he designed about the solar system....then he drew an alien...and said "Well they are part of the solar system"..Lol Very matter of fact.
He will hand it in on Monday. I think he's very relieved to get it finished and is now asleep Godbless him. Phoenix kept interfering as we were working today....trying to take things we were using....such a funny cat.
Good luck with your Christmas decorating....
Love lilly xxxooxox :lol:
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi Ladies (& Laddies?) Traditionally, I always put my dec's up on the 6th December, St. Nicholas Day...and take them down 12 days after Christmas!
In Germany, on the 6th Dec, children put their boots outside their door and Saint Nick fills them up with allsorts of goodies, usually sweets! Nothing if you were naughty that year! I remember when I were a wee lassy, I put my dad's army boot outside and next morning all I got was a few nuts and a tangerine! Lesson: Don't be so greedy petra! hahaha

I remember in german Kindergarten, it was the 6th of December and the teacher had us sat on the rug and whispered a special visitor was coming to see us! All the good children would be rewarded; she failed to elaborate what else was in store for the naughty one's!
If a huge fat red & white beardy-weirdy bellowing Ho Ho HO wasn't scary enough, his pal, a man dressed all in black with a branch in his hand, ready to dish out whips to all the naughtier one's, certainly was!!! I balked, peed my pants and tights, remembered two naughty moments a few months back, and ran crying, much to the amusement of the teacher's and Mr frigging Claus!
When I finally bribed to return, I was instructed to go and sit on this scary stranger's lap! I refused, and got a present anyway.
Image Image <--- like that

It's the same with clowns! I was so afraid of them, and that was before reading Stephen King's IT, :lol:

I'm a bit achey & fluey still, but I'll write you soon PP, just in case you think I'm being rude??

Hello Sher, I miss a baby at times! But I have a new nephew to see at Christmas, so am looking forward to that.

Love to you all, Petra XXX Image
ॐ LOVE Petra
~*Star_Struck*~

Petra Wilson wrote:In Germany, on the 6th Dec, children put their boots outside their door and Saint Nick fills them up with allsorts of goodies, usually sweets! Nothing if you were naughty that year! I remember when I were a wee lassy, I put my dad's army boot outside and next morning all I got was a few nuts and a tangerine! Lesson: Don't be so greedy petra! hahaha
:lol: There's a nice bit of trivia about Germany. It's first thing in the morning and i've already learned something.. LOL @ the army boot, that is so funny, Petra.

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Gorgeous Star! Is dem the new braces I see? Your teeth are lovely!

Here's another bit of trivia, you know that celebrity...whassis name? Singer/actor? Sang: 'Let's Dance! Put on your red shoes and dance the blues??" Starred in Labyrinth?? And Merry Christmas Mister Lawrence?? One blue eye, one brown? or was it green?? English fellow, married a model who did an advert for Tia Maria!! What is his name???
Well anyway, he had wonky teeth, paid a fortune to have 'em straightened, had both eyes lazored the same colour, and ended up looking like any other good-looking celeb! So, he reversed both operations, and went back to being unique again!

Did I go on? I must say, my sister doesn't half stare at my ol' gnashers whenever I open my gob! They're cute enough.....after a trip to the dentist and a polish-up! hahahaha!

Love, Petra xxxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
~*Star_Struck*~

Petra Wilson wrote:Hey Gorgeous Star! Is dem the new braces I see? Your teeth are lovely!
:oops: Aww, thanks Petra. They are getting there!

Hey, how is France? I ask because i've been thinking of setting a new goal for myself.. after i've knuckled down and saved my money for a little while (got to pay off that *beep beep* credit card) i want to study French for a year and then go to Paris. I really, really love learning languages. French seems like a good choice, plus then i'll be able to slur romantically le blurrrr le le blurrr.

And as for the eyes being lasered, that's not off the cards either! :wink:

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

David Bowie. One of my favorite singers.

- T.S. Eliot
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey Sher,
David Bowie. One of my favorite singers.
That's it! David Bowie! I couldn't think of the name either and it was driving me crazy!. Loved him in Labaryth! :D

Star, I love your new photo! I agree with Pet...You are gorgeous!! I remember when you told us you were unhappy with your looks a while back. Wow...I only wish I had looked like you at your age. :)

Pet, Love hearing your stories... and I must admit I too became a little afraid of clowns after watching the movie 'It.' Never had the nerve to read the book. My imagination is always far worse then any movie could ever be. :shock:

Lilly, every child should have a loving artistic gramma like you...It sounds like the solar system project turned out fabulous! How did your grandson's teacher like it?

PP are you all decorated and ready for the holidays now? I may put up some bells for "loud beak" in a little while. She needs something new to occupy her little parrot mind...Found this wonderful,noisy, and sturdy bell garland... I guess that is what you would call it anyway. It seems safe for her to tear apart...Should keep her busy for an hour or so. :roll:

I'm enjoying the posts... Love reading about everyone's lives. Makes me feel like you all are just down the street. :D
Love,
Sandy
~*Star_Struck*~

Sandy wrote:Star, I love your new photo! I agree with Pet...You are gorgeous!! I remember when you told us you were unhappy with your looks a while back. Wow...I only wish I had looked like you at your age. :)
:shock: :oops: Wow, thanks Sandy. You've just made my week. I tend to struggle with low self esteem and i'm currently much heavier than i'd like to be due to my meds and poor eating habits. But i'm working on it.. this morning when i was getting ready for work i had an absolute meltdown because none of my clothes fit me and i felt disgusting. later on in the day a skirt arrived that i had ordered online, fit beautifully and looks lovely.. i felt a nudge.. as if to say "see! it's not all bad". There's nothing to gain in self-loathing, i guess. Everyone has fat days.. Poor body image is such a shame when you think about it. I'm learning to love myself more, hopefully healthy eating will just come naturally. Diet: DAY ONE. It's the second day of summer today, and i would really love to be able to squeeze myself into a bikini without looking like a large breasted orangutan. I have not worn a bikini in public since i was about 15. (i'm 22 now).

Having said that, i'm having my hair done tonight (going redhead- like a copper colour). I'm nervous but hopefully a change will put some spring back in my step. I get bored very easily, i like to mix it up a bit.
Sandy wrote:Pet, Love hearing your stories... and I must admit I too became a little afraid of clowns after watching the movie 'It.' Never had the nerve to read the book. My imagination is always far worse then any movie could ever be. :shock:
Indeedy, Petra's stories are always good for a chuckle. I am also uneasy about clowns.. but in my case i have read the book and not seen the movie! I absolutely love Stephen King, and am a collector. Cujo was my favourite, i think.

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Oh Sandy,,,

all done,,,,me ???? sorry to report,,,I've only got one bottom row on the tree done...and had to take a break...I've been getting some pretty special healing done,,,and needed alot of rest,,,

but hopefully I can do some more tomorrow,,,and have it done by the end of this week...

Star girl,,,you go for it.....can you strip it out of you don't like it ????

I think you're a beautiful person and if I had locks like that,,,well,,,I wouldn't be covering them up.....just let it shine sweet lady....

but have fun,,,hey,,,that's what lifes all about,,,change, experiement,,,and enjoy...

love pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey Star,
I can certainly identify with the ole swim suit problem. Unfortunately, I have baked more home made cookies this past winter than usual, (something I do when I get homesick as it always perks me up.) but it does seem to add a little to the ole backside as well! :shock: I am not trying to get back into a bikini ..To be honest I was never fit enough for one of those cute little things. :lol: But I am trying to get back into my snappy two piece one pieces suit... If my memory serves me, I think it was stretched to the limit last summer and I know there is more of me to love this season than last. :oops:
But... all is well. One way or another I will enjoy the beach and those wonderful waves. (I just love to body surf!) Been stood on my head a few times when I misjudged the timing but still it feels like being a kid again! :D
Love,
Sandy
Hi PP, didn't see you there! Glad to hear you aren't over doing it. {{{HUGS}}}
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

David Bowie!!!
ॐ LOVE Petra
~*Star_Struck*~

I had my hair done and i feel like a million dollars :D
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Star,
I love coppery reds.....used to have my hair that colour....you are a very pretty girl and it sounds like you are feeling good about yourself presently. Great news...
I go through different stages where when my hair is blonde ...I prefer it darker....when it's dark I prefer it blonde....Lol I'm sticking with blonde...can't afford to keep changing it...
Sandy, thankyou for mentioning my post about my grandson....it meant a lot to me. We are going to make another board game for my grandaughter with fairies and angels as the theme...
Sending lots of Love to everyone and feel so fortunate to be here.
Love lilly xxooxxox
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

Good for you, Star. Isn't it amazing how something so simple can make such a big difference.

I had my hair cut short recently. I'd worn it short for the past 15 years and my husband really wanted me to try growing it out. I hadn't cut it since April. Every time I tried a new hair style to accommodate the new growth he'd say, "It's nice but it's just not you." :roll: Finally, I asked him, " 'Me' has been short hair for the past 15 years, what do you want?!?!" I got it cut short again and he's decided he likes it that way. :roll Men, go figure! :lol:

Sher :santa:

- T.S. Eliot
~*Star_Struck*~

lilly wrote:Hi Star,
I love coppery reds.....used to have my hair that colour....you are a very pretty girl and it sounds like you are feeling good about yourself presently. Great news...
I go through different stages where when my hair is blonde ...I prefer it darker....when it's dark I prefer it blonde....Lol I'm sticking with blonde...can't afford to keep changing it...
Hi Lilly :D
I've been a blonde for the majority of my life.. starting tinting/bleaching my hair when i was about twelve. My mum used to be a hairdresser so i've always had her do my hair.. i wouldn't trust it with anyone else. Anyhoo, i have a very fair complexion so i have to be careful of contrast.. i've gone very dark in the past and have just ended up looking like a ghost... i've been a redhead and brunette before, but have always returned to my old faithful: blonde. I also have an ultra sensitive scalp that reacts to almost anything.. this has made me hesitate to change my hair colour, because of the risk of reaction to it. This time i've gone a light copper and had a shape and trim.. it looks much healthier now, and the red gives it a nice shine, but oh damn is my head itchy. And my mum keeps telling me not to scratch :x

Love
Star

**edit** Just wanted to add..
<---------- Picture.

Sher, hehehehe, lesson learned, don't ask men! :lol: My boyf was mortified at the mere thought of me going red, but then ended up really liking it. They're hopeless.. if i hadn't told him i was changing it last night he might not have looked up from his xbox when i got home... :wink: For some odd reason, he seems to care not one bit about my shoe collection. :lol: Men!

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.