The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi everyone,

I promised a horrible hallowe'en picture,,,,but I think it's too small to really get it,,,,but hanging out of my mouth is one of those chewy fingers, as it got wet,,,,it drooped down my chin...

and it won't stay here long...and that's a promise. :lol: :lol:

Lilly dear,,,,
usually,,,when people do that alot it's because 'they don't have a life' and they see a good one so they want to know all about it....but really are going about it the wrong way by asking personal questions....

of course,,,you know me,,,,rather blunt at times,,,,and if someone asks me something that is really none of their business,,,,well,,,,I've replied in several ways....

ie,,,,my personal life isn't a subject to talk about with strangers,,,,

ie,,,,excuse me,,,but don't you think that's rather a personal question to ask???

ie,,,, what's it to ya!!!! (many moons ago) :oops:

or just plain,,,,I don't think I can discuss that with you at this time....

just don't feel obligated to tell anyone anything because they may seem so caring....your discernment tools will come in very handy....

Lilly dear,,,,,considering the 'beauty' business that you're into now though,,,you will probably run into alot of 'pretty slightly nosey' ladies,,,
and alot of them,,,,think their only beauty is what they show on their faces....so you probably have a very big job to do,,,,helping them to let their inner light shine,,,,with just a slight enhancement of their natural outer beauty

and Kim,,,,,you're never 'weird' I love you very much too...

pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
I haven't run across any yet....most of the ladies up line...are into fund raising for Breast cancer and empowering women....no doubt there will be some though. I'm not into the 20 questions thing with anyone....I think the questioner is insecure....trying to weigh up who's 'better' or something like that.....or just plain nosey...Lol :lol: :lol:
I'm off to the college today, bettter run. Head up.....brain into gear...Thankyou for being here. :D :D
Love lilly xxooxoxox
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,
well that's 'wonderful news',,,,and of course as soon as you run into the 20 questioner,,,you'll know how to handle it...

glad to hear you're enjoying it all...

love pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
At college today the aircon was freezing cold, half the class were shivering while the others were too hot....bad positioning of the unit......
it's very rushed as well. I'll manage though....
I've met a nice muslim friend, we have the same hair.....and similar sense of humour....she has helped me greatly...sometimes me helping her...Lol Now I do have a better knowledge of the computer, so that's something....Feel very tired....will have to rest..
Love lilly xxxxx :D
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hiya Guys, haven't got much to say here these days, so here's some photies!

My favourite Bonfire Night pic: Image

Me very recently at "work"! Image

That was this morning at the bus stop!

Image I've nicked Mathilda's funky hat, hehe!

Last but not least: Image

Just like to point out, I have several black poloneck jumpers! hahaha

Love you Guys, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Pet,
Love your pictures....wish I was at the bonfire....throwing crackers....or bungers whatever you call them....We were crazy with those things years ago...dangerous..Lol My brother blew the neighbours mail box up...didn't go down well.
Love lilly xxxx :lol:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Pet,
awesome pictures,,,,although I have to admit I thought the weather was warmer there....

the first time I came to the thread this am the pics wouldn't load,,,so I'm glad I got to see them now...

Come to think of it,,,,it is quite mountainous there isn't it....yes,,,some cooler temps for sure....

when you get snow,,,let us know,,, :lol: :lol:

love pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey Everybody,
Awh Pet You are gorgeous lady, black turtle necks and all! Thanks for posting the photos. I will try very hard to post some "nice" ones on this thread myself one of these days!

Lilly wrote:
Love your pictures....wish I was at the bonfire....throwing crackers....or bungers whatever you call them....We were crazy with those things years ago...dangerous..Lol My brother blew the neighbours mail box up...didn't go down well.
My siblings and I were the same way Lilly... well, Dad was a bit of a safety nut so he would never allow us to shoot firecrackers, but one year he did bring us home some sparklers...you know these little metal rods with powder embeded up and down the shaft and you hold them on one end and wave them around and the sparkle and carry on till they run out of powder. Anyway, we were having a marvelous time outside with them, waving them around like a bunch of wild things when my little brother, Jimmy, got a bit too carried away and threw his sparkler, sparking and all, up into the air! :roll: It landed in a "July dry' field and sure enough began a fire! We yelled and screamed and I rushed over to the house to grab the water and hose and like a girl inspired, lugged the heavy thing across the front steps just in time to trip all the adults rushing outside to see what was going on! :oops: In the midst of this Chaos I can still hear my Dad calmly spouting some ancient words of wisdom, "Haste makes Waste!" But in my opinion there is definitely a time and a place for these "little gems"... and... Dad that wasn't one of em! :) It is funny what goes through a young pre teenage girl's head at a time like this. With the field on fire all I could think of was the imagined shocking headlines in the paper next day! "Sandra Miller's Little Brother Sets Field Afire!" :shock:
As you can imagine sparklers were then crossed off of Dad's safe list from that time on. sigh... :?
{{{Hugs}}}
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

We seemed to have got through the fireworks holiday without any damage around here,,,,although I could hear lots of loud bangs around...
Echo doesn't seem to mind it,,,but almost all of our other dogs did...

well, anyway,,,,all's done and over with for now,,,until new years,,

sparklers now only for birthday cakes......

which reminds me,,,,I think it's Gypsy Debs today....*best go see if there's a thread for the 'missing link' lately...

loves to everyone...

pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,,,

re answering your post on the obama thread,,,,thought I'd carry out discussion on here....

you were saying:
I'm enjoying learning something new and will be joining a development group with some very experienced people...next year to guide my gifts. Everything will fall into place.....thankyou for your loving help behind the scenes. Just tasted my soup and it's delicious......want to be healthy....
The grandchildren are all well and growing up fast....heartwarming they are and intelligent too.
Christmas is almost here again......can almost hear the sleigh bells ringing......I was so upset when I first found out Santa wasn't real as a child......haha Have you seen the movie Elf....starring Will Farrell....hilarious...never get sick of it.....
now that sounds like an exciting time ahead,,,,although I'm interested to learn how you are going to guide your gifts....which I personally think are very incredible now... I guess it's really all a matter of practise...

I was thinking yesterday of making a nice homemade soup...but didn't do anything,,,so thanks for the reminder....

I don't think I ever did see the movie Elf,,,,but perhaps it will come out on TV this year....I'm not a 'movie' renter,,,,at all,,,,,,

I've had too many experiences of folks telling me to watch this movie or that one.....and when I do,,,I'm usually disappointed,,,,simply because the movie didn't have the msg for me that they got....funny that hey!!!

so now (except for the comedies),,,,when people start telling me about how good a movie is and start to go into the msg,,,,I realize that it's a msg that they needed....

I guess I'm just not a 'movie goer'......(saved alot of money though that I could spend on what pleased me)....

but I'll keep an eye out for the Elf one,,,,I do believe I saw commercials for it and thought it would be a good laugh...

love pp
xoxo[/quote]
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
I think you'll like Elf very much...and it has a message too.
Love lilly xxx :D
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,
good,,,well, we'll see if the Elf rolls around this year....

love pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Sandy wrote, making me almost spit tea all over my keyboard
It is funny what goes through a young pre teenage girl's head at a time like this. With the field on fire all I could think of was the imagined shocking headlines in the paper next day! "Sandra Miller's Little Brother Sets Field Afire!"
I know just what you mean, except, not just in just pre teenaged head! I probably would have been thinking: "Petra Creser saves field and gets a hero's medal!" :lol:
I love them sparklers! They sell them all year round here, in the kitchenware dept in all good supermarkets, next to the cookie cutters and can openers, :lol: It's true!
We used to write our names with them real fast.
Lilly, whizzbangs, mini Catherine wheels, you name it, we had it! Phil got so excited at the end before the fire died out. The kid's had had quite enough, it being around bed time, and Phil went off to his Grandad's old garage and found old aerosol cans and lobbed them onto the fire! BOOOM!! He got so carried away, he was about to lob a small camping gaz can on when wise Father calmly said: "erm, Philip, I somehow think that would be a bad idea, wouldn't you?" He finally calmed down and pouted his way back to the house.
This all happened last year, in our last few weeks in lovely Dolwerdd Farm. Ahhhhh! (And I boasted a few weeks ago that I have let go of the past! Yeeaaahhh riiiight! hahahaha)

I love Elf, it's pretty funny! Watch it all year around. I want his suit, I do!

Love Pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Pet,
I'm picturing Phil throwing the cans in the fire.....haha...I missed bonfire nights...they stopped them here years ago....
Some of my favourites were rockets, those cone shaped ones with all the dazzling sparkles rushing up into the air and Roman candles....treacle toffee, best of all was the huge bonfire....blazing away keeping us warm.
I can see you now in Buddy's costume....Lol
Sandy, my brother was always setting something on fire or blowing something up.....nothing really major though thank goodness.
Love lilly xxxx
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone... :hithere
About had a fire myself last night. an inside fire :shock: ...I was craving some deep fried cauliflower. I know... I know...not something a person usually craves...but I love the stuff and haven't had it for eons...so I filled a small saucepan full of oil (my first mistake) and then proceeded to begin heating it on top of the stove It's hard to tell when oil is really really hot with nothing in it but after awhile I plunked a few pieces of batter coated cauliflower in the grease and the next thing I knew the oil started foaming and bubbling and rising quickly to the edges of the pan! :bounce: I called for George...figuring he could grab the bird and save himself...and of course I could grab the chocolate if things continued to go down hill. :P But through my fear induced panic I heard a wise voice simply said.."Turn off the burner!" :oops: Well, that worked like a charm and although we had some soggy half cooked cauliflower..still much better than the flat going up in smoke!

I loved the pic of the bon fire Pet...Glad Mike was there to curb Phil's enthusiasm a little bit... Bon fires are great!!! We always roasted marshmellows and hot dogs on sticks (veggie dogs now....bleah!) Yep, Lilly it is disappointing we can't have outdoor fires... but as close as the houses are in our neighborhood that is probably a good thing.

Love the movie 'Elf' too. My favorite Holiday movie is a toss up between 'The Miracle on Thirty First Street' (the latest version) and 'A Christmas Story.' Seen the second one a hundred times (slight exageration) and still laugh like I did the first time. :lol:
Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

I haven't seen either of those films...or have I? I mean, the second one?

I love The Polar Express, one of my fave's, and A Christmas Carol, never ceases to get me right there...*Pet pressing on heart* We did it for a school play once...I played a Christmas tree! Huh! Why not the bloomin' goose while you're at it? Oh, I loved having goose for Christmas dinner. When we had the farm we bought 3 geese to eat. Phil felt so awful after killing & gutting one of them, we let the other's live...despite being terrorized by them for nigh on 3 years! I know now why the expression, to be goosed! They nipped my bottom almost on a daily basis! Goose #1: " Ayup, ere she comes, look lively, pretend we're just passing, easy does it...CHOMP!!"
'AAAAAHHHHHHHH You're gonna be on the Sunday lunch menu if you don't watch it!!!" Goose # 2: "hahaha, she says that every time!!"

Petra XXX
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Pet,

:lol: Oh you have such a way with "geese chatter!"... :lol:

:kiss:
Sandy
lilly

Post by lilly »

Sandy and Pet and pp,
Once my Gran came and helped cook the dinner for Christmas when I was growing up, in England. Seeing what came out of the turkey horrified me....eeerr all those coloured giblets and stuff...felt sorry for it too, Pet.
I've been hanging decorations up to enjoy the Christmas spirit. It's lovely for the children....No tree yet..Oh! dear......my little Grandson ....haha he will be pulling all the deco's off it.....
Love lilly xxx :lol: :lol: :lol:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

OMG ,,,you guys are funny,,,,

the mental visions I got,,,,Sandy trying to burn the house down making Tempura (Sandy that's the fancy name for battered veggies) and Pet running through the yard with the geese conspiring to bite her butt...

they can be nasty those geese....rather territorial...

and all your bonfire stories brought back alot of good memories...

however,,,back to these geese,,,or turkeys,,,,

we've had our Thanksgiving,,,,but isn't the US one coming up soon???

if so,,,I need to find this certain picture and 'avi' it....

it's a sort of 'bird' picture,,,,nothing like my peacock avi,,,but ....well, you'll see....

I'm writing it on my 'to do' (to find) list....

love pp
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
I like the avi you have now....very nice.
Love lilly xox
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,

wait till you see the next one,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

love pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everybody,
PP, you are right Thanksgivng in the U.S. is this month, the last Thursday in November. George and I always celebrate it here too... I was just thinking last night that I need to decide what I want to cook this year. The first year I was here in Australia I wanted to try my hand at making homemade noodles, something I had never made before in my life...So I decided to make a recipe a friend had given me verbally but which I had failed to write down. (:roll: It seemed simple enough at the time!) I remembered you separated the eggs just put one or the other in so I opted for the whites. :roll: I also realized a little late that George had no rolling pin so I improvised and used a round milk jug...Then I proceeded to cook them in water for 45 minutes...Well I did just about everything wrong that is possible and you never ate such tough noodles in your life... Found out later from my laughing friend that it is the yolks you use, not the whites... And you cook them about fifteen minutes tops. :oops:

Lilly the innards of the bird sort of freak me out too. My Mom grew up cooking and then chopping that stuff and putting the bunch of it in with the rest of the ingredients in cornbread stuffing. :shock: I couldn't do it myself even when I ate meat, once I learned what the various little parts were used for in the live bird's life. :shock:
Funny, I always loved the taste of Mom's cornbread though. :mrgreen:

Maybe I'll put up some decorations too. That ought to perk me up. :) I have to be careful and remember I have a "flying menace" in the house this year and nothing is sacred to her!

Love,
Sandy

Look forward to seeing the new bird avi PP! :lol: You have me curious now! :scratch:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
Recipes gone wrong would make quite a comical book....Sandy, I can imagine what your noodles must have been like....Lol
I've had a few disasters myself......sinking cakes.... when someone opened the oven door too soon....filled it with fruit....and custard..haha. Has anyone ever overdone it with Rosemary....ummm not a good idea....Lol
Lacey will have fun rearranging your decorations.....as my grandson and cat will attack my tree....Lol The joys of Xmas.
Love lilly xxxooxx :lol:
Sher
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Sher »

Hi Everybody,

Lots of funny stories. :lol: My Soroptimists group will be putting on a Christmas dinner for the less fortunate of our community. Because we live in such a small town there is not facility to cook turkeys so each one of us has to cook one at home and bring it. I'll be roasting a turkey for the first time. Wish me luck! :finger:
Intolerance is Intolerable.

Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go.
- T.S. Eliot
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Sher,
Because turkey can be a dry meat....it's good to make sure it's basted well.....some are self basting...pumped up with something...under the skin..if you look on the net you'll find lots of ways to prevent it becoming dried out. Good luck.....so lovely of you to help others less fortunate.
Love lilly xxx :D