Just a Regret

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Just a Regret

Post by Sandy »

I was looking for something tonight and found this. Thought I'd post it as I'm missing him tonight.
xxSandy
Just a regret...

If only he'd realized sooner who they were,

he would have shown them more respect.

If only he had tried harder to understand the brilliance of their minds,

he would have taken their teachings more seriously.

If only he had better understood the purpose of their existence,

he would have tried more vigorously to help them.

They were truly honorable; sadly he was prejudiced.

They were excessively knowledgeable; he was excessively ignorant.

They were totally tireless; so often, and so quickly, he gave up.

However, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance

between the Eleven-One of the Intermediate Kingdom, their Seraphic Associates

and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal.

Much has been accomplished, many have benefited, and,

there is only one regret...

They could have achieved so much more.

~~~~~~~~

George Barnard
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Re: Just a Regret

Post by happyrain »

Hi Sandy, this is BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you for sharing friend. :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Starwalker
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Starwalker »

Thanks for sharing, Sandy. I’m sure George misses you too.

I was discussing regrets with a friend awhile back. Since we are all imperfect by design, we all make mistakes and end up having regrets at some point. Sometimes the error is in our actual thoughts, words, and actions, and other times it is in the lack thereof. I think that having regrets is a sign of growth. But we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves.

I’ve been listening to some Christian contemporary music today and the lyrics of one song really gave me the feels.

“I see you dressed in white
Every wrong made right
I see a rose in bloom
At the sight of you (oh, so priceless)
Irreplaceable, unmistakable, incomparable, darling, it's beautiful
I see it all in you (oh, so priceless)”

It reminded me that God sees the end from the beginning. He knows that what we are becoming is so much more than what we are now. And he has generously given us the time and space we need to grow into our true selves. There’s so much to be grateful for!

By the way, the song is Priceless by For King & Country.

https://youtu.be/uLDDO2whtMY?si=G76mC2ierYcN1dVr
“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the Creator's insights all the time...knowing the ins and outs, the beginning, the ends and everything in between?
I guess we wouldn't have "faith" if that were so... there'd be no need and faith is important in its own right in the eternal future.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: A poem from Perplexity.AI about the loss of a father.

A Beacon in the Darkness

"Though shadows loom and path seems unclear,
Remember the light your loved one held dear.

A beacon of hope in a world filled with strife,
Guiding others through darkness, champion of life.

His spirit lives on, a testament to care,
Selflessly serving, no thought for self, there.

Take strength in his courage, his compassion so true,
And know that his light continues to shine through.

Though the road ahead may seem long and bleak,
Lift up your heads, and the dawn you will seek.

For even in grief, there is beauty to find -
The love that endures, the peace left behind.

So hold fast to each other, let his memory be
A beacon to guide you, through uncertainty.

For though he is gone, his impact remains,
Inspiring you forward, in life's joys and pains."

:lol: I had tweaked a few lines for better syllable balance,
then asked Perplexity if it had created this poem. It said "No!" :roll:

Rod :)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I needed that this morning, Rod. For some reason, the grief I had been holding back came through last night and I slept fitfully.
Grief for George, grief for my Dad, grief for what could have been. It is so easy to turn your back on that healing peace when regrets for what is lost fill your head and heart. You can't see what is... still is...just waiting... for you to recognize it.
May peace find us all. That is my prayer for all of my dear friends here this morning.
Thank you, Rod. :love
hugs,
Sandy
Starwalker
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Starwalker »

Sandy,

When my grandmother died a couple years ago I held back the grief, but it came back on me in unexpected ways. I kept telling myself not to be sad because she was in a better place. But that’s easier said than done. Grief is still a very real part of our existence on this planet. In times to come, we may be able to transcend grief, but we aren’t there yet. So it can’t be avoided and we have to deal with it. I’m sure you’ll work through it with a little help from your friends.

I think it may be good to channel grief in constructive ways. Your father and George have moved on from this world, but their legacy remains. Your very existence is part of your dad’s legacy. And this site is part of George's legacy. So you really are carrying them both forward in your work here. And that is something to feel very good about.

Nothing of value is ever lost. We may feel lost sometimes due to our isolation, but Spirit truly is all around us. Though we often crave the comfort of human love, it’s God’s Love that truly sustains us. And it is always available!

Hugs,
Jon
“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Jon, for your wise insights.
You wrote:
Nothing of value is ever lost. We may feel lost sometimes due to our isolation, but Spirit truly is all around us. Though we often crave the comfort of human love, it’s God’s Love that truly sustains us. And it is always available!
A photo of my Dad just came up on my Aura frame as I type. It is a photo of all of us...my siblings, myself, and my Mom and Dad. It is an image of a moment in time and in that moment from the smiles on our faces, we are reveling in the "togetherness" which didn't often happen with me living in Australia. My dad always cried at the airport when I left. I know he was thinking... "Will we ever see each other again?" I know this because I was thinking the same thing. This void now seems even greater than the separation between Tennessee and Australia. Yet if I think about it, nothing has changed in some important ways. I used to reach out to my dad in spirit and George too when I was away from him on a visit to the US.
And I still can reach out to them in much the same way. Spirit connects us on this planet and the "worlds" beyond. We just have to believe and trust and do it.
We can fly like an eagle. My friend, Winzie, taught me that years ago when ALS ruined her body. She learned to fly with Spirit...with her TA.
It is so easy to forget such things and easier to be sad and desolate. But death doesn't have to signal an end, does it? Because it isn't in every sense of the word. It is a beginning.

xxSandy