Meditation and Prayer

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Meditation and Prayer

Post by Geoff »

On Meditation and Prayer
There is an indescribable harmony in which your whole personality is emotionally in tune. It's inexpressible: a fragrance, a light, a display of fruits, of colour, of water-music. It feeds you, fills you and is beyond this world's conception. No words can express what you will start to feel when through the central core of your personality you are able to enter into meditation, through which you eventually achieve the goal and enter
the Kingdom.

Is the way there by desire? No. By love, and not that which arises from yourself, but through Grace which is given to you freely. Sanctifying Grace is just like the rays of the sun. It falls upon all, everywhere, and is plentiful, but we are closed. We close our shutters for we are afraid of this light. As I said, open yourself completely, for that is our work, by God's help to open ourselves wholly to light and love. Then light and love will pour in, and start to take charge of you. Gradually God takes you into His hands and completes the work of sanctification in you.

This meditation is first by relaxation, which is the opening of the shutters; then by visualising yourself as an open bowl filled completely from every side, so that light and love penetrate you completely, absolutely, utterly. Thus freed from all other considerations you give God the possibility to take complete charge of you, and direct you. That is the goal of meditation-the whole goal. Do not return to visualising the concerns of your daily life, and making earnest resolutions as is so often urged in spiritual books. Yes, at first thoughts will wander back to these anxieties, but gradually they will cease. Often a brief prayer or the Divine Name will be enough to bring you back to undisturbed concentration. Yes, I think the Orthodox Church's "Prayer of Jesus" is lovely for this if used as an invocation. Whatever you use must be short, for the heart of meditation is silence. This is essential to meditation, for only in the heart of silence will you find God.

Meditation is communion with the Supreme, and that only.
Now that was taught by a Roman Catholic Priest!!!! I have reviewed the book here.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Meditation and Prayer

Post by Welles »

That is beautifully expressed. Thanks Geoff. I'm off to read your review.

Welles
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Meditation and Prayer

Post by Sandy »

I am blown away with the synchronicities surrounding this book for me... Thank you Geoff for posting this excerpt.
A must read I think...
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.