Meditation in the Mountains

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
mikeywilliam
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Meditation in the Mountains

Post by mikeywilliam »

I've read the FAQ about meditation and yes, I believe that I would (as well as all of us) benefit from it. However :wink: , I do know that no matter how Isolated a "House to myself for a day" may seem, that phones gonna ring, that doors gonna get knocked on and that high-volume neighbor of mine is gonna try the neighborhood's patience.
So here is what I'm gonna do, I live in the north-central part of Arkansas known as "the Ozarks". Lots of Hiking, fishing and all around out-door activity around this time of year. But, in the mid to late fall, it all kinda slows down, especially in our national state parks. There is a Grand Hiking trail in an area known as Buffalo Point. It runs parallel to Buffalo National river. Around this river lies the Indian Rockhouse Trail. It is a 3-1/2 HRS. treck through the mountain country and at the end of the trail you are treated to this Mammoth sized bluff dwelling that was home to primitive native americans. This area is primed with a natual running cave fresh water stream (in the summer) and a small cave system.
All meditation purposes aside, it is an aw inspiring place that anyone would get a great vibe off of it anyway. So, this fall I'm going out there to meditate.
I have a close relative who is very "open" to these things, but his concern is "What are you going to do if you contact one of these beings and it scares the poop out of ya' and you keel over and you are out in the middle of nowhere!?" I just laughed....I can't think of a better way to go.
Seriously, from a stand point of the more spiritually mature here at this forum, is this o.k or should I have any reservations?

Love Ya'll
Michael (or mike/mikey, which ever you prefer) :roll:
Chasing the fire means you'll only taste the heat, but when you Feed the flame, the fire's caught up with you.
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Its all good, mikey!! I swear. Progress is the watchword. :D

Love,

Jody
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
mikeywilliam
New Friend

Post by mikeywilliam »

Thank You Sir!
Chasing the fire means you'll only taste the heat, but when you Feed the flame, the fire's caught up with you.
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

This sounds like a great idea. Seems like you've been inspired to go - and go, you should!
I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Love,
Kenge
mikeywilliam
New Friend

Post by mikeywilliam »

Thanks, Kenge, I'll keep ya' posted. :)
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

nature is a wonderful place to meditate :D please keep in mind...to try and contact your own soul too.... :wink:

(((Hugs)))
anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
lee1111
Old Friend

Post by lee1111 »

Hi Mike,

I think that’s an awesome idea! It’s been suggested to me through spirit that I do a similar thing where I live.

I have a suggestion: find a quiet spot to do some meditation before you start the hike to get you into an alpha state, make a prayer to God requesting that only spirits / entities that have your best interests at heart help you on your spiritual trek (maybe someone else could give some more specific help in this area?). Start the trek and allow yourself to be guided by spirit. Your spirit guides will direct you to the best place for you to do your meditation. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of your guides (probably a former Native American Indian) prompts you with an animal / insect (the dragonfly is my spiritual animal). Listen to your intuition when this happens.

I’m really very envious that you live in such a wonderful place! I’m certainly very excited for you! I wish you good luck and look forward to hearing about your trek!

I’ve been asked to visit the Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas, known to the Native American Indians as “Mantaka” (manataka.org). I’m wondering if you are anywhere near this area?

Love,
Lee
"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want." - Lao Tzu
mikeywilliam
New Friend

Post by mikeywilliam »

HI LEE! :)
Wow, Thats good advise that I certainly will be taking with me, thank you.
As far as location, Hot Spring is about a Four Hrs. drive from my front porch. Yes, Hot Springs is a Wonderful place to visit.

Have a great day, lee.