HOW DO YOU PRAY?

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
LOUISE
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

HOW DO YOU PRAY?

Post by LOUISE »

Hi all,

How, where and when do you all pray?

Do you only pray once a day, once a week, etc?

Also, is there a difference between Praying and Meditating?
Love, light and blessings

Lou
x
imustnotsleepinclass
New Friend

Post by imustnotsleepinclass »

I've started praying...I don't really know what to do but I just kinda talk to God like literally just talk to him. I'll tell him about my day while I'm doing the dishes after dinner, or while I'm doing the bathroom or sitting on the bus.

I felt kinda weird at first but now not so much...I don't know if I'm even doing it right.
Somehow everything’s gonna fall right in to place,
If only we had a way to make it fall faster ever day.
AJ
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by AJ »

I don't pray in the traditional sense. I have open dialogue with God as I would any other. I also think about him pretty much on and off most of the day. I appreciate the beauty I see all around me all the time and thank him for it. I am not one to go through the motions of a ritual prayer each day. As much as I love some prayers like the Our Father or St. Francis Peace Prayer, I do not recite them verbatum each day. I think it is more important to keep God in your thoughts and on you mind throughout your day and to talk to him about what is on your mind as you would your closest friend.
Last edited by AJ on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Your way of life is a prayer.... :)

You should try and connect with the one source in any way you please... there are no rules.... :D

Much love

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
john
Old Friend

Prayer

Post by john »

I also talk to God as if he's sitting right besides me sometimes.

If I feel like paying more respect I use paper 144 from the Urantia Book:
'AT GILBOA AND IN THE DECAPOLIS' from part 2.1 starts The Discourse on Prayer; from 5.1 reads "From time to time, during the remainder of Jesus' sojourn on earth, he brought to the notice of the apostles several additional forms of prayer, but he did this only in illustration of other matters, and he enjoined that these "parable prayers" should not be taught to the multitudes. Many of them were from other inhabited planets, but this fact Jesus did not reveal to the twelve. Among these prayers were the following:................"

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p144.htm

Love,
John
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Ah come on Louise! Remember when you were a little girl? You didn't do it then?

You tend to use capital letters in your subject, like you're screaming for attention all the time? You're demanding it! From God? Or from someone/thing else?
You know how to pray! We all do. We did naturally once, but just forgot.
You put your palms together and talk to God! You lie still in bed breathing deeply! You start with getting rid of your doubts.

Love, Petra xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Louise,
I tend to agree with all of the above...God meets us in what ever way we reach out to Him/Her.
Our love and desire to include God in our lives is truly the only real gift we can give the Creator. The more we walk and talk with this Loving Being the happier we will be.
love,
Sandy
LOUISE
Family

Post by LOUISE »

Hi Petra,

Not at all am I screaming or demanding attention. I was taught at school that all titles were to be written/typed in capitals. It's just one of those things that has always stayed with me and is part of my job too. When I type a letter, report or memoranda, then the title has to be typed in capitals. Sorry if I have offended you!

Of course I know the basics of how to pray, what I meant by my question was is there any particular way people do it, I was just wondering how everyone else meditated and prayed as there are so many different techniques.
Love, light and blessings

Lou
x
Arkain101
New Friend

Post by Arkain101 »

I don't pray. I can't shake the unknowns from the ideals.

By that I mean, I have a belief that existence has creative forces, in that it is a creation, but I can't provide a word, or picture, or anything that I don't think is something I've just made up to direct my thoughts towards.

So instead I contain wishes in myself and try to embody the peak of potential I can imagine that can exist. (I try to be equal to the highest form I can think of). Kindness, understanding, forgiveness.

So for example;

Lets say I want you to get healthy when your sick. I will simply hope you do! lol

I've tried what people suggest, but it never lasts.. I guess I prefer to take action and hope other people do to.
Arkain101
New Friend

Post by Arkain101 »

I guess I have trouble answering because I don't know what you call a prayer!
john
Old Friend

from prayer into stilllness

Post by john »

...and then sometime when I start a prayer, ussally a request for Guidance or information, I stop talking at the first or second sentence, and the prayer turns into stillness....

....and well....than stillness does what stillness does.......giving me what I need at the moment.

John

A Stillness Exercise. ; http://1111angels.com/E_Desk/GB51.htm
lilaslight
Family

Post by lilaslight »

As for me, I feel as if I don't really know how to pray the "right" way or at least what words to use because I was raised in an atheist household without church attendance or acknowledgment of any God so I did not learn this as a child.
I also do not feel comfortable asking for material things so mainly I give a lot of thanks for all my blessings and ask for protection of those I love.
I tend to pray in the morning each day as I often fall asleep before I remember to pray at night. If I am frightened in some respect, for instance about the health of a good friend, I will go into the ladies room at work, lock the door and literally get down on my knees in a plea for help from the angels. Once in awhile I write out my most sincere thoughts and prayers on paper or on my computer screen, then read what I have written (aloud if that is possible) and mentally send it on its way to heaven.
I wish I could take a course on how to pray so I could feel more confident on that count but I know there is no one right way to do it. However I am in communication throughout the day every day with my personal angels and guides so in that respect I am continually in somewhat of a state of prayer.

Lila's Light
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Louise,

that was my mom's middle name...

I've only learned to 'really' pray recently,,,,and I've discovered that when I am doing my morning routine,,,,that I'm giving thanks and am filled with gratitude....and with that comes abundance.

every breath can be a prayer,,,every good thought you have for someone is a prayer....

just do what feels good for you,,,,and know the connection you have within is more important than any 'method' in existence...

blessings
pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Blu
Old Friend

Re: Prayer

Post by Blu »

john wrote:I also talk to God as if he's sitting right besides me sometimes.

me too!! respectfully of course.

sometimes i get my bible and ask God to show me what i need to see then just open the book and read whatever i opened to until my mind starts to wander. then i ponder what it was i read.

i did this about a week ago and happened to open up to Proverbs 11:11. i don't think i even remember what it said, i was so amazed by the randomness of it being chapter 11 verse 11!!!

Nice to meet you Louise :hithere i hope you will come back often to find answers here on the board :D

xoxo
Lisa
~be still and listen~
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lisa,

that's about the best prompt I've heard in a long time...

I hope you went back to read it again....

love pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

How, where and when do you all pray?

Do you only pray once a day, once a week, etc?

gooood morning :D

i have always thought the word prayer was formal, same with the word worship...both seem ( to me) a bit one sided.

when i realized that God was not mean and vengeful, i started communing through meditation....

then, once i was very comfy with 'talking to him' through meditation...i started to talk to Him all the time ....conversing with Him through thought. :wink: i am not sure how many times i do this...many times throughout the day and night.
Also, is there a difference between Praying and Meditating?
i see both as communing with God...meditating, i would say, is more intense...or takes more interiorzation than praying...i guess it differs from individual to individual....

(((Hugs)))
anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
JJJ
Family

Post by JJJ »

Hi,

Yeah, I think that prayer is as individual as the person. I've always felt as if it is important for my emotions to be engaged when I pray and for my intentions to be clear. I would say that I pray with intention around 3-4 times/ week (not including times to just connect and commune with God throughout the day). I typically talk to my guide rather than God but sometimes talk to God. I call my guide 'Wahuhi" which is Cherokee for "owl" and call him by name when I expect an answer (usually via dreaming). Many times the intention of the prayer is to ask for guidance and clarity about specific matters. I also pray for those around me who need help. I typically do not pray for specific things because I understand that I do not understand. :) I've seen too many 'bad things' turn out to be 'good things'.... blessings in disguise. God knows the way so I just ask that whatever would be good and fortunate for that person occurs speedily.

Sometimes I just say, "God, please get me through this!"... probably my most common prayer. :D

Just a nice prayer:

Oh, Great Spirit,
Whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to all the world;
Hear me!

I need Your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and golden sunset.
Make my hands respect the things You have made
My ears sharp to hear Your voice
Make me wise so that I may understand the things You have taught my people.

Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes to me.
Let me learn the lessons You have hidden in every leaf and rock.
Help me seek pure thoughts and act with the intention of helping others.
Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy
- Myself -
Make me always ready to come to You with clean heart, mind, body, and soul.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to You without shame.
In your wisdom I pray that You may guide me.
I Honour You and Your Celestial Clan.
I accept whatever fate and destiny which befalls me as a gift of Your wisdom.

I beseech You in humility,
Oh Great Spirit!
To those whom much is given, much is expected
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Louise wrote:
Sorry if I have offended you
Goodness NO!!! (Now look who's screaming???) Oh Lou, I'm the one who should be sorry!

Love, Petra xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
crluvearth
Busy Bee

Post by crluvearth »

Good subject as I use to always "think" I was praying wrong but it really had to do more with being detached, on my end of course. Since I've been on this journey it seems to be so much more natural and open, and like many have said before me, personal. It is a feeling for me, a connection of knowing I am not alone, ever, and so I tend to pray anytime, anywhere. I was playing in a softball tournament all weekend and I actually prayed on the field :lol:

Also, instead of asking for such and such I tend to say "thank you for..." whatever I am praying for (health, safety, peace, etc.). I try not to pray for anything for myself unless it is something that will benefit others (patience, tollerance, etc.).

Keep reaching out and don't give up, you will find your way that works for you!!!

With love,
Cindy
CindyLouWho56
New Friend

I don't pray......

Post by CindyLouWho56 »

I do not pray, I just talk to the universe. I had my first boy at 40 and second boy at 43. I "asked" the universe for two boys and knew I would only get what I asked for. I don't believe in one entity, I believe we all have the energy, plants and animals too. I have never had anyone die and come back and tell me what is on the "other side". I guess I should be from the "show me" state, lol I believe we go on, but not sure where.....I think we can come back again, but....I don't know anything for certain....I am still searching...nothing phases me much any more.