The Urantia Book

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

The Urantia Book

Post by Geoff »

2000 pages of very fine print. This is a massive work. It has four major sections, The Central and Super Universes, The Local Universe, The History of Urantia (Earth) and the Life and teachings of Jesus.

It is called a cosmology, because it describes the universe, and all that is in it. It is not really a religious book, but it is certainly a spiritual book.

It contains arguably, more material on Jesus than you will find elsewhere. I say arguably, because on another web site I am associated with we have a large amount of material.

This is book that almost defies description. Probably more than half of it contains material that can be found nowhere else.

It is not easy to read. I wish it were written in a simpler style. I can well understand people giving it away. If you are not a good reader, with a very good command of English, it could be hard work. There are however many study groups, and it is probably easier to study it that way, in the company of others who know the book. many people suggest you need to read it a few times to really get into it.

Many people will tell you that part four is the part they liked most.
All of the Urantia Book is on the web, with good word search facilities.

A great deal of what we talk about on this site comes from, or is substantiated by, the Urantia Book. George found that when he first read it, a great deal had already been communicated to him by his midwayer friends. For example, the Lucifer Rebellion, and Thought Adjusters, is very well covered in that book.
Last edited by Geoff on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

How to read the Urantia Book. 8)

*****From Mary Livingston*****

This is my explanation of the HEAD vs. HEART exploration.

The brain is an animal oriented physical mechanism patterned after mind. The brain controls physical systems in conjunction with physical stimuli and inherent traits. Emotions are a byproduct or overflow of energy within the physical systems and have an animal orientation. The brain perceives its environment on an instinctual, animal level.

The mind is a spiritual system patterned after the Third Source and Center. While the brain is energy, a thing, mind is meaning. The mind is the link between the physical and the spiritual as it bridges and creates meaning between the spiritual (Thought Adjuster, Adjutant Mind Spirits, Spirit of Truth, etc.) and the physical world. Mind responds to spiritual stimuli.

"Emotions of the Mind" are byproducts or the results of receptivity of the spiritual influences upon the animal origin individual. Such spiritual emotions are recognized as Fruits of the Spirit and only manifest when the Spirit influences register as meaningful within the individual’s consciousness or superconsciousness.

The human mind is the mother of the soul while the Adjuster is the (F)ather. The soul is morontial – neither physical nor spiritual.

Spirit is value and not attainable directly from animal origin. Metamorphosis or transformation is required: physical to morontial to spirit / thing or matter to meaning to value.

Personality, the endowment of the First Source and Center, is superimposed upon living energy systems. Personality in humans, takes raw energy matter and spiritual mind and provides the means of self-consciousness and relative free-will. Personality is the glue and stabilizer that allows creation and subsystems to work cohesively.

So when one speaks of intellect there are varying interpretations, two of which are: the deductive processes of the cognitive human brain seeking reason, or the induction processes of the human mind seeking meaning.

To me, "Heart" represents the (e)motions of the mind. It is the heart of the matter: the center, the core, the essence and real meaning. We know factually that emotions are generated from the brain/mind, yet, we speak of HEAD (intellect) and HEART (emotions) erroneously. I believe the UB uses the term "heart" to represent those emotions, attitudes, and actions which have established meaning and are developing value.

Approaching The Urantia Book with intellect (mind or "head") is searching for meaning.

Approaching The Urantia Book with heart is searching for value.

Experience facilitates the integration of reason, meaning and values; physical, mindal, and spiritual.

Therefore, one cannot approach any situation, including the Urantia Papers, with total Head or total Heart and hope to gain the full expression and comprehension of its meanings and values. Balance is required.

Mary L. :happy

posted by George :bana:
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
jesuschick78
New Friend

Post by jesuschick78 »

Hello..... I haven't read the Urantia book yet. I was wondering if it is similar to A Course In Miracles material?
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jesuschick,

No, very different. ACIM is a book designed to take you through a process, a book to change the way you think.

Urantia is a book full of facts, what is called a cosmology. But it also has a huge section on the life of Jesus, almost minute by minute.

Much love,
Geoff.
Pennysense
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Urantia

Post by Pennysense »

Being raised Catholic and realizing that so many things didn't seem right, I decided to further my spirituality. About 5 years ago I started looking elsewhere for spirituality, and my final search has brought me to reading the Urantia book. After a devastating fire in February 2004, my home completely lost, my spirituality took off. I was in a bookstore a couple of months ago, and after picking up several books for review, the Urantia book jump out at me, so to speak. I'm currently on page 920, and still have over 1,000 pages to go. This book is very intriguing. Hard to read, I think not, but you need a lot of time for understanding. A lot of quiet time, if not you will be reading & re-reading. Yes! There is much that I cannot understand, but with prayers and help from our guides I'm sure that the comprehension will come complete someday in my journey! I truly wish that there was someone available in my area that I could discuss this book further with. I have so many questions that need answers. If anyone is up for the task - please let me know!

Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Pennysense,

There are many Ubook study circles. But I will warn you there are a great number of "fundamentalist" followers of that book, to the extent that they will have nothing to do with "us", ie talking to angels. But, you can also find folks who are part of the Teaching Mission, but they won't talk to us either, but at least they talk to their angels.

I suggest you let George know via a private message where you are, and he will intuitively know where you might fit best.

Much love,
Geoff.
Global Equilibrium
New Friend

Post by Global Equilibrium »

looking forward to reading this, all 2000 pages :bana:
live love, love light
Jim
New Friend

Urantia Book Questions

Post by Jim »

Pennysense,

I have been a student of the Urantia Book for 35 years and feel much the same as you. I believe though that I amy be able to help. The book is only trying to help us get focused on the right things. The main import is less to tell us what is than to inspire us to apply ourselves to the journey. How can I help you? :D
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Hi Jim!
I need all the help I can get! Just better clarification of the whole book, lol! Well not really but I would like when I have specific questions if your available that I may ask you! I don't have any at the moment. I guess the hardest part is the history, and exactly how the whole deity thing works! I kind of skipped through the last pages to start the Christ Michael Bestowal. Thanks for your offer! How many times have you read the "Urantia" book. Its hard just getting through the first 2096 pages. I guess, of all I'm still perplexed about the trinity.

Pennysense
Glad to have you aboard!
On my spiritual path...
Jim
New Friend

Urantia Book HELP!!!

Post by Jim »

Dear Pennysense,

Thanks, it is nice to be able to share in this open minded but spiritually focused group.

Please tell me about your spiritual history prior to the Urantia Book. I believe it is most appropriately understood in relation to our own personal experience. It is not meant to be merely a fact book, but a "Help text" for our thought adjuster to use. That said, I don't believe we can really learn the book unless we actually experience the truth of it. As an assistance for our thought adjuster it has, to me, proven itself time and again to be the most valuable text available.

All of that is a way of saying that your confusions are by no means uncommon nor should they be of much concern. God will choose and use the necessary information to augment your personal growth as you will. It is possible to memorize the entire text but truly comprehending it in reality is a different story. Areas like the Trinity and the relationships of Diety are merely long term ponderables we become more and more comfortable with as we grow in the grace and personal knowledge of God through experience.

May God bless your search. I hope I can help your comfort level, it enables a greater appreciation of the book.

In His Service,

Jim
Its gonna take FOREVER to discover all of infinity. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Hi Jim!
Thanks for your kind response!
Well lets see my spiritual background is a born & raised Catholic, but somehow during my adulthood I realized that church isn't what I hoped it would be. I never did understand a lot of their traditions, and why women were so looked down upon/or not involved more. I do see this changing somewhat!
I believe in God, and his kingdom of spiritual beings. What I don't seem to understand is evil, fear, ghosts or whatever you would call that. After I started reading the Urantia book I started to realize that I was overcoming a deep seated fear of everything that I had. I had a crazy fear of ghosts/evil spirits. I still don't know what this is? I had a fear of being by myself. I had a fear of everything I could possibly think of, but now I feel it subsiding. Everytime I get frightened, I ask Archangel Michael to be with me, now I've learned that this is Christ Michael, but he's been very prompt in my resue.
I'm quite certain that the Urantia book is helping me understand, or my thought adjuster remember. I still don't know how that works.
I know I sound confused, and I am. Any thoughts, tips, books you could throw my way would be wonderful. I appreciate your time!

Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

I had recently come accross information stating that Jesus Christ is actually the Archangle Michael (for whom I am named after :wink: )
and reading some of these posts has me thinking.

Where can I get a copy of the Urantia book?
I guess I'll check amazon but I doubt it'll be there. :roll:
How can I find out who my guardian angles are?

Pennysense; like you, I was baptized and raised as a catholic although my parents never went to church. I went to catholic school for nine years.
My spiritual beliefs really began to evolve when, one day, we had a substitute teacher. One of the priests came to my classroom to teach religion that day. He told us that Jesus Christ was not the guy who was crucified on the cross but that there were so many guys named Jesus who all basically looked alike that they grabbed the wrong guy, tortured & killed him. then, some days later, the real Jesus Christ walked back into town & everyone freaked out.

this is a CATHOLIC PRIEST telling me this!
I can see where this may, in fact, have been true.
People back then weren't very smart.....ie. we thought the world was flat, burned "witches" at the stake, gave Astronomers a trial by fire. etc.
The inquisition. Period! how could they take somebody & torture & kill them for not converting to their beliefs????
I believe that there were a great many spiritual people on earth then as well as now. I also don't believe that Jesus turned water into wine.
it is MY belief that the meaning of that passage in the bible (like most of it) was mis-interperated. I believe that what it really means is;
Jesus was so much fun to be around that you could sit with him drinking a glass of water & you'd have such a good time that you might feel as though you had been drinking wine........without the hangover :wink:

I hope I'm not out of line.
thanks for letting me ramble
Michael
"There's no end to the bottom when we start to fall. There's no top to the high when we want to climb." - Vai
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

One of the priests came to my classroom to teach religion that day. He told us that Jesus Christ was not the guy who was crucified on the cross but that there were so many guys named Jesus who all basically looked alike that they grabbed the wrong guy, tortured & killed him. then, some days later, the real Jesus Christ walked back into town & everyone freaked out.

this is a CATHOLIC PRIEST telling me this!
I heard the same story a few years back, but I seem to recall it came from a PRESBYTERIAN POPE.

George. :roll:
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

The Urantia Book at Amazon

Any book that has sold over 1 million copies is going to be at Amazon and a few other places. It ios no longer copyright, so there might be more than one publishers, but the original is via the Urantia Foundation.
My spiritual beliefs really began to evolve when, one day, we had a substitute teacher. One of the priests came to my classroom to teach religion that day. He told us that Jesus Christ was not the guy who was crucified on the cross but that there were so many guys named Jesus who all basically looked alike that they grabbed the wrong guy, tortured & killed him. then, some days later, the real Jesus Christ walked back into town & everyone freaked out.
Actually the being seen after death is one thing that spiritualism can illustrate, and there have been at least a handful, probably more, of folks that have re-materilaisied after death. Only thing with Jesus is he kept on doing it, for a few weeks. The stupidity of the orthodox is they try to tell us Jesus walked around in the same body he died with. He did not. The scorch marks on the burial robes give a clue, and the Urantia Book and Padgett confirm his body was dematerialised.

And no, you can't upset us too much Michael. Indeed Jesus has confirmed he liked a drink with the guys. George and I were wondering if Michael was ever an archangel, as he has had 7 bestowals, but Bzutu said no. You can find that message somewhere on the web site.

Much love,
Geoff.
Helen W
Busy Bee

Post by Helen W »

yeah, I kind of just figure the Archangel Micheal thing was just a mistake... people misinterpreting the Micheal energies as Arkangelic, rather than our Creator Son.

I guess not such a step then to mistake Archangel Micheal and Jesus.

Having worked with some of the archangelic energies previously though, before finding you guys here, Micheal always seemed to have a bit more punch than the others.. I mean they were weighty, but A. Micheal. Wow.

First met Him fully when camping just off Mont St Michel. First night I'd ever camped by myself. And I had no idea what M. St M was all about.
Though I was working with the A. Micheal energies at the time.

That night was the most awe-inspiring storm I've ever witnessed. The tent was shaking bending to almost 45 degrees, the canvas been buffetted, and the sky being lit up every few minutes with sheets of lightening and the thunder rolling round the basin I was camped in.

I sat up quietly, and went deep into meditation.. asked for assistance to remain calm, and sat in complete peace, love and joy, for several hours, letting the energies run through my body, recharging with energy from above, and from Mother Earth as I sat directly on her.

I recognised His energy, and it felt that night like an initiation, like he was truly welcoming me to the fold, showing me my smallness and His hugeness, yet how despite His huge force how He will keep me safe, if I just trust in Him.

The next morning, everyone else was running round unflooding tents and caravans and retrieving items that had been washed away.

My barbecue stood upright, with a little water in the bottom. My boots, which had been standing just in the non-groundsheeted porch, were perfectly dry. The pitch was not flooded.

I figure He doesnt care whether you call him Archangel or not...just so long as you go to Him, with your heart open.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Geoff wrote:
And no, you can't upset us too much Michael. Indeed Jesus has confirmed he liked a drink with the guys. George and I were wondering if Michael was ever an archangel, as he has had 7 bestowals, but Bzutu said no. You can find that message somewhere on the web site.
I checked that transmission, and indeed, that is what Bzutu said. Michael turned up as a Melchizedek first of his seven bestowals -- as Joshua ben Joseph on His seventh. Never as an Archangel. But I had to check the UB to make sure.

It seems that if you transmit in Alpha (and I always use a tape recorder) and you "go back" to Alpha when you transcribe (to make sure you get it all just right), you miss much of the work at the Beta level. Indeed, I read some of my transmits not a year old, and they seem like "new" to me.

Did I transmit that??? :shock: Must have, because it has my name on it!!! :shock: It's kinda disturbing, and yet, in a way, validating, too, because you know that you must have been in stillness (Alpha) both times.

God bless...
George.
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

George wrote:Geoff wrote:
I checked that transmission, and indeed, that is what Bzutu said. Michael turned up as a Melchizedek first of his seven bestowals -- as Joshua ben Joseph on His seventh. Never as an Archangel. But I had to check the UB to make sure.

It seems that if you transmit in Alpha (and I always use a tape recorder) and you "go back" to Alpha when you transcribe (to make sure you get it all just right), you miss much of the work at the Beta level. Indeed, I read some of my transmits not a year old, and they seem like "new" to me.

Did I transmit that??? :shock: Must have, because it has my name on it!!! :shock: It's kinda disturbing, and yet, in a way, validating, too, because you know that you must have been in stillness (Alpha) both times.

God bless...
George.
um....I'm REALLY confused right now. Exactly WHO are we talking about?
ME???? cuz although my name is Michael I don't think I've EVER been an Archangel. If I were, God must've really liked me to put up with me in THIS incarnation! lol
"There's no end to the bottom when we start to fall. There's no top to the high when we want to climb." - Vai
Helen W
Busy Bee

Post by Helen W »

No, didnt think you did.... Micheal is the name of the Creator Son who created this particular local Universe.

ie... he is our God, and one of his 'bestowals'... his final one, was as Jesus, here on Earth.... and the God who many of us offer our allegiance in service.

Check out the Urantia book for more info on this.

We were just discussing whether Micheal ever incarnated as an Archangel or not, and possible confusion between Micheal the Creator Son and Micheal the Archangel.

So dont worry... we've not completely lost it :)
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Hi Jem7vwh (Michael)!
I'm glad to have you with us! I never heard that about Jesus before, interesting, but I do truly believe in my heart it was indeed Jesus who was on the cross. Whoever it was made a big impression anyway! Michael if you would read the Urantia book, I'm sure you could have a better understanding about Archangel Michael/Christ Michael, who they are saying is in reality Jesus Christ. What were not sure is whether Christ Michael was ever an archangel, but whether he is or not is not really important at this time. What I've discovered is it doesn't really matter what you call him, just as long as you call on him.
Michael, what we are saying is if you call on spiritual beings they will help you with your life problems or questions, now here on earth. I know how truly difficult this may seem, but it appears to be true. I for one, have used Christ Michael on many occassions, and he has truly been there for me. Don't worry about being confused, all of this is very confusing, and when you read the Urantia book, you'll be even more confused :wink: , but just take your time & really read what your reading, and most importantly listen to your heart.
For all my life I believed that there was an Archangel Michael and now I'm also finding out that he might have never been an Archangel at all, this has confused me as well, but like I said before it doesn't really matter, but what does matter is what you truly believe in your heart.
You've come to a wonderful website, you will get plenty of answers to your many questions that come up. Just take your time, and if you don't understand something ask someone to better explain it to you. We will! And don't get discouraged if you do not find the answers that your looking for right away, it all takes time.
How did you find this website Michael? I'm just curious! It seems that a lot of born & raised Catholics have posted on this forum, I guess we all need answers after realizing that things just don't add up with the Catholic traditions, but this has all been for a good reason, so don't give up your religion or your faith. In the long run it has helped us more then we could possibly imagine.
As I said before, we're glad to have you on board with us. I'm sure your just like most of us here, looking for a better understanding of what life really is all about.

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

Thank you very much :)

I found the site by doing a search for "Midway Creatures". It brought up the 77 pages of the Urantia & then brought me here.

Oddly enough, the person who triggered this adventure for me from a different forum, also found this site.
We both upon hearing of the Midwayers gravitated to THIS site without knowing what the other was doing.

The psychic lady wants me to send her $20.00 to create my astrological chart that will guide me in making the right decisions in preparation for my big day...April 8th (4-8-05) Skye Alexander is her name. Says shes found me in the Akashic Hall.
any thoughts?
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

And Michael what is your big day suppose to be? I don't believe that you should pay for an astrological reading to prepare you for anything. Maybe she's just looking for money, but you said she found you in the Akaskic Hall, what is that suppose to mean?

I'd be very careful, you know there are a lot of scammers out there. Maybe you need to explain better how this all transpired?

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

I dunno.
it's a form letter that says she recently visited the Akashic hall of records (which is said to contain all of the information about all things past present and future) my name and address popped up. I only bought this house 6 months ago so it's not like my address is likely to be published in the "scammers yellow pages" so to speak.
anyway, she goes on to say that she had a vision of my becoming wealthy as a result of possibly winning a lottery.
She's supposedly the real deal. helping to solve un-solved mysteries with the police etc.
Seeing the cosmic influence of the past week or so, I'm thinking that there may just be something to it.
One of my original posts explains it.
in short, things are beginning to look up for me.
although I can't stand my job, I go back to work on tuesday.
my favorite musician just released his new album which I love.
my band had it's 1st rehearsal in my new home this past sunday.
I'm planning on propossing to my girlfriend on her birthday at the end of march. I just recently won some really nice things on ebay. I recently posted my resume on Monster.com then I get the letter in the mail talking about great fortune for me in the near future. the guy on the other forum posts a question about recurring numbers that he's been seeing which prompts me to respond to him & go searching for answers to my own recurring number and it's a full moon!
...and I changed my 1st diaper on tuesday while watching my 2 month old nephew......I'll never look at pumpkin pie the same way again! :lol:

so, you see, there are alot of things at play right now
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Hi Michael!
Well what I have to say is, that if its going to happen, its going to happen. Not by any psychic! I also received information as you did from a Sara Frieder, saying that I too was going to win money in a lottery, so you see people just say what they think you want to hear.
I'm so glad things are looking up for you in your life, and I'm sure that these people have given you a boost of confidence, and people need boosts in their lives every now & then. I went through the same boost right after I went to a Body, Mind, Spirit festival. It really uplifted me, but it was just me, it didn't have to do with anything else. I realized that I liked myself better this way! All I'm saying is just be really careful, people like feeding off other people for money purposes!
Do let me know how things go, will you? Good luck to you & your wife to be!

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

wow. I just read my post up there & it just sounds to me like a guy having an average day. Maybe I've been pent up in this house for too long. I had gotten a d.u.i. & have been on 'house arrest' for the past month. my time is up at 6:00 pm tonight. yaaaaaay!

maybe it's the full moon, but I feel like there are other forces here right now. it's got my heart & mind racing.
i'm just not sure what to make of it all.
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

JUST BE CAREFUL! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'VE BEEN COUPED UP FOR SO LONG! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...