The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
gypsie
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by gypsie »

Hi all and hi to you Petra, just want you to know i am here and I love you dearly :love
A song keeps jumping into my mind around my mind

"don't worry everything is gonna be alright" UB40

Love to all and PP my mother-in-law said she enjoyed chattig to you, hope we can catch up Aussie time this week, around 10am is good for me, let me know your time...

love ya Gypsie
Love is an action and not a word...
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Good morning to my beautiful 11:11 Family,

I just wanted to share how its been for me lately. I did not use to really want another day to start, but like everyone I get up everyday. I had been pondering why dont I feel joy for being alive and breathing and you guessed it I realized a major block in the road for me. So, I now wake up with love and I will experience the joy of living. Its many things that brought me to this point but most importantly I know you all had very important parts that have contributed to my light shining brighter than ever.

Well, you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy those you love and yourself most of all.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Olli and Kelli! I'm all right! You just look at my stoopid bonce and you will know I'm okay!
No more drinking just a few wines at dinner time. OK Every dinner time but at least it's not all afternoon long.

I'm going to this place down South in a month's time. Bad vibes with the out-law's, but they were always negative!

Good vibes with this new place though!

I can never cry. Even when my dad died I was dry-eyed and the authorities almost treated me like that feller in L' Etranger!! (The Authorities at my boarding school!!)

Petxxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
kellimaier
Old Friend

Post by kellimaier »

I am happy that you are alright. I like your smile.
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Hi Petra. :hithere
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi everyone,

Chai/coffee/tea time.....everyone in the cold countries gather round the fire,,,,and all you other 'hotties' can hang out on the balcony in the breeze,,,fans are working too.....

What an awesome weekend this has turned out to be.....

I have to interrupt my upcoming nice story,,,,and say some things in reference to the last few days,,,,,of some really unsettledness going on...on some different threads...

it seems there have been mis-understanding piled up one on top of the other,,,,,,,itsy bitsy 'mind niggling' going on.....I don't need to mention any particulars,,,,but all of a sudden everyones apologizing,,,,feeling hurt,,, or offended.....just crazyness going on.......

we know,,,,we are here,,,as part of a loving family,,,,and sometimes we have our ups and downs too.....but for the most part like 99.9%,,,,when we get into trouble,,,,,we are,,,,all here for each other.....

and in our hearts,,,,,we know this,,,,,or we wouldn't be here.....

now with such a diverse family,,,,,we sometimes can get on each others nerves,,,,,and sometimes,,,,,things come out maybe sharper than they should.....ahemmm,,,ahemmm....so I know I speak for myself here.....

it takes time to truly get to know each other,,,,,our differences,,,our likes and dislikes.....but we all have a common 'thread' (pardon the pun)....

and that is being united in love......and with that should come acceptance.

I would just like to see us all......step away from this energy that is creating and will keep trying to create dissension amongst us....

and don't anyone take what I'm saying personal....because it isn't personal towards any one.....

We know we are in a 'shift',,,,, a rising of humanities consciousness...

Our beloved planet and all it's inhabitants are receiving huge, loving, energy waves to help us move forward.....this actually happens all the time,,,,,but it's getting a little bit stronger all the time.....we know 'things' have to happen,,,,,not only within ourselves,,,,but for our planet also,,,,so that we can continue to keep living here,,,,for many for thousands upon thousands of generations...

so all this shifting,,,,within ourselves,,,,sometimes leaves raw jangling nerves......we are evolving,,,,,changing,,,,,,becoming something other than we are......and we are striving to be more loving human beings...

with the help from our Divine Father and Mother,,,,we keep centered and ride the wave of negativity that comes all around us....sometimes a wave is so big,,,,it throws us off,,,,,and help comes in many different forms...

I guess I'm talking about this,,,because a few days ago,,,,I was so disturbed by what I saw/heard going on.....that I had decided to withdraw from the board.....

I was going to become....."a lurker".....because it felt like when I was trying to help......it was coming out wrong,,,,to other people.....not to the person I was talking to necessarily,,,,,but others 'impressions'....they, didn't like 'how' I was saying something.........but the message wasn't for them,,,,,,which is why they didn't get the inner revelation,,,,,it wasn't for them....

well much to my chagrin.....I discovered a few things about myself,,,,,which I can't deny......'finally .... I am putting myself into that 'box'..... the box that all through my life,,,,,when someone said,,,Oh I know what you're about,,,,,I'd make sure they'd discover they didn't have a clue.....I wasn't going to allow,,,anyone,,,,to know the inner me....
(probably more due to the fact that I didn't know who I was, and I wasn't going to accept anyone elses labels....)

anyway....I discovered that the habit/or trait....that I have developed,,,is that I can't 'sugar coat' things.....I can't be sweet and come out with niceties that 'cover up' what needs to be said,,,,,that for me doesn't really solve anything....especially when a solution is sought....

I was taught very young,,,,to always be 'truthful' (and it's gotten me into trouble many times),,,,but along with being 'truthful' also came an integrity to what is true..for myself...that I couldn't avoid issues....I had to learn how to deal with them.....head on so to speak.....

One of the precepts I was taught,,,was,,,to thine own self be true....

so this trait that I have developed over a lifetime of practise,,,,,is one of seeing through illusion.......(now it doesn't always happen,,,,and sometimes it's myself who gets deluded and it's harder to see for myself).

anyway, it came to my attention,,,,that this illusion,,,is held by all....and those who can and when they do see through this illusion,,,,,they are bound to help the other 'shatter' this illusion.....

when an illusion about yourself,,,,,is shattered,,,,,you are left with your true self,,,,,,and realize that whatever the illusion that you just broke free from,,,,is just that,,,,,an illusion,,,,,and therefore takes it's power over you.....away from you....

at that point the healing love is showered upon yourself,,,,,life takes on new meaning and you never want to go back to being in that 'old energy'.

I have been told that this old energy is what's called,,,,3rd dimensional negativity......and is what has and is causing the dissension that we as humans are striving to 'get out of'.....

my innermost being,,,,really doesn't want to be around people who 'argue' just for the fun of it......who make fun of people or make derogitory remarks about others......and honestly,,,,I have a real hard time being around people who are lah di dahing themselves through a false sense of reality.....my whole being,,,,cringes....

I want 'peace' within my heart,,,,peace within my surroundings,,,,and community,,,and country and the world......and I know it can be a reality..... there are millions of Lightworkers who are working very hard for this.....it will become a reality on this planet,,,,,someday....

because we want it so much,,,,we are breaking the illusions around us and in us,,,,on a daily basis....we are shattering the bands of illusionary 3rd dimensional thinking......and that's why people are upset....

it doesn't really have anything to do with.....so and so said this or that,,,
it's all got to do with understanding our own reality.....and maybe not liking what we're seeing,,,,,so we shift blame.....

now I don't know if this solved anything for anyone,,,,,other than myself, in understanding more of 'my own purpose' and perhaps getting some personal insight into how I am learning to still be the same,,,,but gentler....wisdom only comes through experience and time......

Now comes the good part.....

this Easter weekend,,,,,is the first Easter weekend,,,,ever,,,,in my life,,,that I enjoyed it.......(lets say after the age of 10)

not being terribly 'religious' as the saying goes,,,,,through the years, I always disliked the fact that Easter had turned into a big 'candy munch'

Well on Saturday, Allan's sister, got re-married,,,,and on Easter Sunday which was also her 40th birthday,,,she was baptised.....so I was part of her Re-Birth Day,,,,,and it was truly awesome.....I had some wonderful moments myself,,,,especially since I could now look at it with different eyes because of the Urantia Book.....I had a deeper understanding of Christ Michaels 7th Bestowal.....

and believe it or not.....I'm beyond words now....

so I'll leave you all,,,,on this beautiful Easter Sunday,,,,feeling renewed,,,and send my love to everyone here...

pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi everyone,

Again,,,,

since I somehow posted that twice, and it wasn't intentional...honest...

I better use the space, cuz I can't figure out how to delete it completely...

but after I wrote it,,,and went to get supper,,,,

I was thinking that I should have said....

if it hadn't been for this weekend....I probably wouldn't have been able to say what I did say....

love pp
Last edited by peacockplume on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

That was beautifully explained pp, thankyou.
Love lilly xx
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi All You Beauty-Beings,

Wow, this thread has taken off like a wildfire since I last wrote in -- due to the sheer volume, I'll just have to pick and choose what to respond to instead of trying to include everything! I got really busy, starting with taxes (which I still haven't finished, since I got sidetracked in the middle and still haven't got back to them!), then preparing new art for the latest gallery opening, which was yesterday evening. And we've got a friend visiting for the week from New York City (though she's staying in a cabin down by the river instead of at our place) who just arrived this afternoon, who we'll be entertaining, and cooking healthy lunches for, all this week. But I still wanted to finally just sit down and take the time to stay connected and write to you all. I don't have time to go in and add emoticons to this message like I usually do, but oh well!

For this gallery opening, I branched out and tried something new for me: stretching some silk (crepe de Chine, which is stronger than some silks) onto canvas stretcher bars to make an 18" x 22" canvas, and it worked pretty well! I then painted a painting on it called "Spring River Goddess," for this month's gallery theme of "renewal." Rather than figuring out how to frame it, I drew and painted a frame right onto the painting, and the effect worked! I really had fun painting it and got into a real place of joy and appreciation in the process. It also went over very well in the gallery, and got a lot of positive comments. I've posted a picture of it here at this link (it's that same link I've posted before).

Lilly, regarding the lady who you sold a painting to who told you not to go to art school, I agree with her! Like PP, I took art classes in school, and it had the effect of squelching my creativity as well, since they can get hung up on head-centered theories of "what constitutes 'art'," which gets in the way of that natural, organic, spontaneous process of experiencing one's own unique direct connection and painting authentically from the heart as you are doing, channeling whatever wants to come through out onto the canvas. That's really cool that people see all sorts of messages and images in your work -- it sounds divinely guided for sure!

PP, I know what it's like to have lingering difficulty being creative after taking art in school -- that's part of what I've been working on overcoming in the past few months myself. I love your idea of painting out on your deck in the warm mornings! Rocks are indeed a great place to start, then you can just go wherever you feel spontaneously guided to from there!

By the way, how did Allan like the finished owl power shield with your beads and bird-ally feathers sewn onto it? I'd love to see a picture of the whole finished creation if you'd be up for posting it!

You know, Everyone, I've noticed that there are a lot of us here who either are doing or have been wanting to do, art of some sort or other, and we can support and encourage each other in that. I would encourage anyone here who would like to do so to tell us all about the type of artwork you do or would like to do, and if you feel so inclined, post photos of your work. Or, if you want to show us your art but don't feel comfortable with the process of posting things, I, for one, would be glad to post them for you.

In addition to Lilly and PP, I also remember you saying at one time that you'd like to do art, Petra, isn't that so? And Sandy, it's not to late to be a wildlife artist if you still want to, especially with the variety of interesting and colorful wild birds and animals you've got over there if you wanted to work outside in the sunshine like PP shared her dream of doing, and the fact that it's also pretty easy to get good photos to work from of just about any creatures you want on the Internet these days!

Bing, you are such a kind-hearted and giving person! Thanks for the beautiful story about the Secret, and for your beautiful encouraging words to our dear Petra as well!

Hi Tox and Oliabi! Nice to meet you, and welcome to our "Secret Not-So-Secret International Coffee Table thread"!

Dear Sandy, it's soooo good to see some recent posts from you on this thread -- like Laura, I've missed you too! You seem to know quite a lot about the Midwayers and feel very comfortable relating to them -- as I recall, you were originally drawn to this site because of your connection to the Midwayers before you ever got any time prompts, isn't that right? It's interesting to hear that Primary Midwayer Andrea often has other Celestial students with her, and that Bzutu is tall; those are things I didn't know. I know you're really busy these days, but when you have the time and inclination, I, for one, would be interested in hearing more about your own personal experiences with the Midwayers, and the role they play in your day-to-day experience and vice versa. I always love hearing your wise take on things! You know, I've heard about that book, "The Autobiography of a Yogi" several times from different people now -- that might be a sign that I should read it too! I too have always loved the Beatles and the song, "Let it Be," and I often get songs running through my head too that seem significant for whatever's going on at the moment. I love how you posted the words and then they really currently hit home for so many at once!

Laura, you sound so uplifted after your trip, and I think it's wonderful that you and your husband both read The New Earth together and shared a mutual dramatic shift in consciousness because of it! It sounds like you've really taken a spiritual leadership role in your family that is really sparking your husband's spiritual growth as well! I signed up for Oprah's free webcasts, but so far, every Monday I either haven't been able to or haven't remembered to make it, and I also have been so busy that I haven't gotten around to ordering the book yet either! At least it sounds like the previous weeks' recordings are available so that I could catch up at whatever point I were to jump back in.

Yes, we did do fairly well at the Gallery this past year, though the gallery didn't open until November, so it didn't add up to much on the taxes this time around. By the way, I forgot to mention, the Gallery officially opened on 11/11 last year! How cool is that?!

Kelli, nice to meet you, and welcome to this thread! I know what you mean about the "gawking and judging;" we used to get a bit of that in Colorado, since I'm also a good bit younger than my sweetheart (well, 18 years younger), though now that we're in California near San Francisco where diversity is celebrated, we don't really get that anymore, which is refreshing!

Hi Rob, good to see you here again -- I remember your great sense of humor! I'm also really glad you showed up just in time to help cheer up Pet too!

Gypsie Deb, I love your story of channeling a message from an angel for your therapist, and your 11am-on-the-11th prompt! And how impressive about Billy's blossoming acting career! I'm sorry to hear about Bali falling through, but it'll probably turn out to be for the best in ways that may become more apparent later. And what a touching story about your love for your husband and your family!

Lilly, I love reading all the thoughtful, loving and intuitive advice you always give everyone. Thank you for being here for all of us too! I am also impressed that you've been seeing Bzutu regularly and in such detail in your meditations! It seemed he was in one of my AC meditations once (except I still don't do them anywhere near often enough, and I still am in that stage of not being sure whether or not I just imagined it). I liked the avvie of your Mum; I could really see the resemblence between you in the facial features, and especially the smile!

Dear Petra, I've been following your posts here and thinking about you as you've been going through the very natural ups and downs you're experiencing with leaving your familiar lifestyle and surroundings and entering a phase of so much change. From this American's point of view, moving down to the famous "south of France" that we've all heard so many good, romantic things about, might not be entirely bad! I guess one can always remember that saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade".... Sometime when you're feeling relatively good, you could make a list of all things that might appeal to you as fun, interesting and cool that you could explore or experience in France that aren't available back in Wales, if you're going to be "stuck there" for a while anyway. As well as a list of everything you appreciate and are grateful for in your life. Then at those times when you're feeling down, you could re-read those lists and remind yourself of those positive aspects of things. And yes, as Lilly suggested, do eat some soup, and just remember how much all of us here want to see you taking good care of your self and taking in some some nourishment! Here's a big hug from me:

{{{{{{{{{{ Petra }}}}}}}}}} Love you, Sweetie!

I loved your hilarious story about the thongs, by the way! It's funny, growing up in California here in the U.S., we always used the word "thongs" for the footware; it wasn't until we moved to Colorado that we heard that word used for the undies and "flip-flops" for the sandals (kind of the opposite of your experience way over there on the other side of the country, November!)

PP dear, I just saw your latest post come in while I was in the process of writing this post. I haven't had time to read all the various threads enough lately to know what you're referring to, but I'd sure hate to see you withdraw from the boards and just lurk! You contribute so much that's of such value here, and you're such an important member of this community, and a natural-born truthteller, so please stay and keep actively participating! I agree with you that we're all going through lots of growth and change and spiritual shifts lately, and ups and downs and misunderstandings sometimes happen, but it seems to me that they can usually be worked out. Glad to hear you enjoyed your Easter!

Well, it's after 10pm here, so we're soon going to watch a bit of an Abraham video, then go get some sleep! To everyone who I didn't address by name, it's great to see you here too, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts!

Lots of love to each and every one of you,
Aqua Deb
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello my dear sweet 11:11 Family!

I was almost at the end of the old tether last night when I asked sincerely to God: "Please give me something! Something to make me remember what it was like to be a little girl, 'cause I was really happy then...!" I fell asleep and when Phil woke me in the morning he said: "Oh my God! Look at that!"
I woke up immediately and as Isat up, clocked what he was on about: snow had fallen BIG TIME and it was like a Winter Wonderland outside.
It as snowing hard all morning, so I stayed in bed and revelled in my depression; wrappin myself up in the quilts and calling out for cups of tea every 2 hours....(not that I got any,!!)...(I'm coming off the codeine and tranqui's so I get very feverish at certain times of day).
At 11:09 I got up and dressed in the usual rags, went downstairs and shivered by the fire fora while. Phil was quite brusque today and said I would have to help with the fire...careful not to say: Snap out of it! and I yelled back: "We can always go back to Monseuir Docteur and grab some more tranqui's for 100 Euro's or so...leastways I will shut the hell up for 4 weeks!" and he said: "Getting you tranquilizer's might make you calm, but it sure agitates the hell outta me!" and laughed at his own joke for an hour or so!
That was the point that I finally grabbed my coat and wandered outside in the fresh, gorgeous crunchy snow! It was the perfect snow, you know the sort? You can make a snowman, no problems. You can have a snowball fight with much fun and generally do all the things one does in snow without getting soaking wet! Dryish but mouldale snow, and cccuurrrunchy underfoot! The snow plough went passed three times and still the road was snow-bound!
I built a snowman, got a carrot, some charcoal, a tie, hat, the lot....my dog kept biting off his 'arms' (sticks). I yelled: "I throw the stick you eejit!! Leave these ones alone!" Alas! the snowman is armless. (He's harmless too, hehe!)
Then a I patted his head and felt a remarkable sense of peace, (I kid you not, a sunbeam shone down on us, me and the snowman). he kid's tumbled out and clockd the snowman and suggested I make a snowlady, so we did! (Lavander spiky leaves for eyelashes.) It started to snow hard again and Phil came out to snowball everyone. Usually I hate snowball fights, but I gradually joined in and it was fun! I stood panting for a while by a tree and then a little robin flew past my face and lighted on a branch not mre than an inch from my face! It looked at me for about 2 minutes, before flying off thanks to a flying snowball.
Isn't it amazing how one's attitude and outlook will change in a moment. I watched the snowflakes tumble down to the ground and caught some of them. Their individual patterns, so unique, reminded me of man and how unique we all are, yet we are the same, like the snowfall.
Ohh I'm rabbiting as usual. B it was a great day! And guess what film I put on tonight??? Haha! The Snowman...

Loe you all always, Pet XXX (If i was a snowflake I would have 7 sides!!! hahahaha!!)
ॐ LOVE Petra
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Absolutely awesomely wonderful Pet....

Snowfall is such a 'renewal',,,,,just cleans it all up,,,sort of...

isn't it wonderful how prayers are answered....something as silly as a snowfall...

AND it did,,,just as you requested,,,,,let you go back to 'fun'

getting outdoors,,,,,being creative even,,,,

you nurtured and played with the 'child' in you....and your children
Isn't it amazing how one's attitude and outlook will change in a moment
that's how it happens,,,,,in a moment,,,,,that very special moment, when you forget about everything else,,,,and just be in that moment....

so 'remember it' that can be your 'special moment' to sink into when things seem to start to be sliding to bonkers.....just remember it,,,

with love, pp
oxoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Life can be grand,if we all take the time to look.

I was just in a rock quarry today,took the dogs out for a walk,many rock piles everywhere but we had fun.lol There was such a peacefulness about it,I could have slept there. :lol:

Petra,yay! Thanks for sharing. :)
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Pet,
Playing in the snow with the kids, wish I was there making snowballs and chucking them, great to get the energy moving....your story made me feel like I was there with you .....Love the part with the dog taking the snowman's arms.....and the little robin. Love you to bits and so glad you're feeling better......Nature has a way of healing like no other.
Love lilly xxx :D
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Okay, I haven't much mastered the art of the quick post yet (as you all may have noticed! :lol:), but I can always try!...

Yay Pet! I'm so glad to hear how your request for something to remember childhood was granted, and how much fun you had! It reminded me of the time when we were teenagers in Colorado and I made a snow cat that took weeks to totally melt! By the way, I loved your story of getting two celestial hugs that other time, just forgot to mention it in my last post! It's great for you to receive so much validation of how much both your earthly and celestial allies love you! :colors:

PP, earlier this evening I got a chance to reread your post from last night, since I didn't have much time last night -- what an excellent, thoughtful, honest post! I'm glad to see more clearly after this reading that you're no longer feeling disturbed and thinking of just lurking, that that was days ago, and you've actually experienced lots of realizations and healing and renewal since then, and you're here with us same as ever! Hurray! :roll

Heather, your visit to the rock quarry today sounded like fun! :D

Today we showed our NYC friend how to draw with gutta resist on silk hoops, and she's a natural artist even though she hasn't done it for a while lately, so she drew a very cool mountain-and-river scene right off the bat! Tomorrow we're going to paint the hoops we drew designs on today. On Wednesday, she and I are going to a local day spa to get a "cedar enzyme bath" and a massage -- should be fun!

Hey, not too bad a post lengthwise, eh? Talk to you all again soon! :D

Lots of love to you all, LUV2

Aqua Deb
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Deb,

Sorry I couldn't answer your post of the other night...it was too late,,,and so much had gone on....

sometimes 'lurking' is good for us....if we start to get embroiled in an emotional conflict,,,,then we can no longer see the problem...or the solution...

I'm thinking,,,( :lol: :lol: not such a good thing to do sometimes :lol: :lol: )no matter what anyone says,,,,I am, who I am, like everyone else,,,,just striving to know ourselves better,,,to come into stillness more often and then really get to know who we are...I'll probably be a tad too upfront for some,,,but that's just the way it is....but I am learning how to insert words of 'love' to go along with the feeling that is often missed....but it is there...

when we try to share it,,,sometimes it doesn't come out just the way we feel it....but i am learning that no matter what understanding I may have about something,,,,,and in my passion to pass that understanding along,,, that it's everyone's individual journey...

kind of like,,,,leading a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!!!

that's when you/I have to know,,,to let go....let it be....and trust, that our Divine Parents will give better guidance than I ever could...

Yes, I think I have had some revelations this past weekend....

that's the nice thing isn't it.....we are always changing....always growing...

I am totally embarrassed to tell you that Allan didn't see the silk screen till the other day....but he really liked it.....

I went and saw your link with your new artwork....and I love the clown raven....it's sooo cool....it reminds me of a card in a deck called The Sacred Path Cards...and I absolutely love your "Spring River Goddess",
She is just beautiful...

I have a print from a friend who painted "Fortunata",,,and the resemblance is remarkable....

Thank you for sharing 'you' Deb,,,,it's helped me on many occassion to read one of your posts....

hello to everyone else reading....

Gypsie girl,,,,you'll always have a wonderful place in my heart....even if when you ask me to call and then your not home....don't worry about it....what's 4 cents between friends...and that's about all it's costs for me to leave a message.....we connect when we need to...

I think you're having an absolutely wonderful experience with Billy,,,(and Jack too).....do you remember telling me once that the twins would soon to be an age where you'd have more free time....??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I laughed then too....Your 2nd Mom and I had a great talk,,,she kept saying,,,can you talk???? and I'm sure if she hadn't been just about to call a taxi and go out,,,we'd still be talking....she sounds like a trooper... I hope you get to see alot more of her....

now I know I'm missing saying hi to lots of you,,,but you're all in my heart...

and its 12:45 a.m. once again I'm burning the midnight oil....

with love and light to everyone...
pp
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Love to you All working, mothering, shopping, painting, whatever you're all doing.....It's a great life.....
Love lilly xxxx :lol:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi everyone,,,

I'm welcoming Ella to our Secret Thread.....

She's pretty new,,,,and started a thread on the 11 11 Forum,,,, called "Do I belong here" which slowly got into her passion.....Dogs...

now I know how many dog and animal lovers we have here,,,and I had posted Prince as my avi again....and started to respond to her over there,,when I realized what I was going to write was,,,

"Coffee House Time".....so lets get out those cups,,,and fill'em up..
(Chai please,,,,,oh,,,,sorry,,,,I'm serving today....
anything to go with it ladies????)

so here's the post I started for her there,,,,and I'll carry on with the story.

Hi Ella,

nice to hear from you....

Yes the Samoyeds are certainly one of those 'stand out breeds',,,they're called The Christmas Dog,,,,and the dog with the smiling face...

I think their smile stands out more just because they're white with the black lip line.....but all dogs smile,,,don't they....

their nature is soooo sweet,,,,apparently,,,,where they come from in "Lapland" originally.....the story goes.....

You know what ella......I'm going to copy and paste this post,,,,over to the Secret thread.....

it kind of doesn't belong in the 11 11 phenomena thread,,,and you'll get to discover our International "not so secret" coffee house thread...

so go there and you'll see my post,,,,

love to you

pp

So the Samoyeds originate in Lapland,,,,,reindeer country folks,,,and originally the dogs were black, brown, with a little white,,,,,they sort of resembled the "Newfoundland dog",,,,well,,,,the Laplanders started their own 'breeding' program,,,,and slowly developed the All White Samoyed.

It's actually pronounced Sam eee yed... or Sam yed eee.....there's no oi or oy sound to it,,,,and it actually has a j in it.......so much for phonetics....

So all of a sudden,,well not so sudden,,,it took some years of breeding,,,,,,they had the same dog,,,,but with a white coat,,,some slightly off white.....they loved them so much,,,,that they let the white dogs come into their tents,,,homes.....and they became part of the family.....mind you, they still worked,,,herding the reindeer,,,along with their multicoloured brothers and sisters,,,,but they got to come into the house....

ella asked me about grooming,,,,and the Sammy coat is a double coat, like the Siberian Husky and other northern breed,,,,but with an incredible difference...

They don't shed hairs.....they have wool that comes out and only when brushed.....their coat has an oily substance that repels dirt....you betcha,,,actually repels it.....so when you brush it,,,,even slightly,,,the oils remove the dirt and their coat always looks like it's had 'some' attention...this double coat,,,,shed's it's wool,,,,usually after the winter season....and it almost ALL comes out.....that's the 'job' in taking care of a Sam.....but the wool,,,,you can actually card it like sheeps wool,,,and turn it into yarn,,,,,and knit with it......

after a good bath and grooming job,,,,I had more wool on me than on them....you get covered in it....dangerous on the eyes...

when the females have a litter,,,,they drop almost all of it and end up looking like a white lab except for their face....they look pretty sad for awhile,,,,but then it comes back in like a fresh puppy coat...

That picture of Prince,,,,although he wasn't really groomed at the time,,,I'll bet he hadn't had a bath in a couple of years.....

now don't choke there ella,,,,or ladies....you have to remember how the Lord,,,designed these dogs.....to live in the wilderness,,,,in the really bitter cold.......no nice hot baths there.....but daily brushing keeps out the dirt,,,,keeps the oils through their coat,,,,and keeps them looking a cream colour,,,,they're very rarely actually "white",,,,,if they're really sparkling white,,,,usually their pigment is off somewhere,,,,and they'll have more of a light coloured nose instead of the nice black one....

and if they get wet,,,like out in the rain....their coat always smells like 'wool'...,,it doesn't 'stink'......and they never get wet to the skin,,,,nothing penetrates that deep double coat,,,,,unless you soak them down....and it's about a 4 hr grooming job,,,,,just for one Sammy....

it's only at the dog shows,,,,that they get powdered and sprayed to sparkle and look pristine white.....

I'll try to post one of Princes Breed wins,,,,or his Mom's our first Sam "Frosty",,,,,and you'll see them,,,,,dressed to the nines....

So,,,,we wanted a northern breed when we started....we even took them sledding up north on the island where they get a little more snow,,a little longer..... but that was 20 yrs ago,,,,when all that stuff was 'fun' for me.......we eventually got a sled,,,,,but just had fun at home,,,and rarely for us.....

I've got a couple of stories about Bear and Prince when we tried to get them to 'pull' :lol: :lol: :lol: but another time for that...

now it's way too much work......

but temperment......I really don't think you could find a sweeter, more loving dog - ok I can hear you all now....and I somewhat agree,,,,

but the Sams are so loving....that they're terrible guard dogs....they'd let somone in the house and they'd go in anyone's car....not a hesitation,,,total trusting and loving.....and yet,,,,protective too,,,but I think that's inherent in all dogs natures,,,,they are our unconditional friends and protectors...

OK,,,my coffee's cold,,,,and I need to go make some bread,,,,,the machine type folks,,,,,I gave up kneeding a long time ago....but my grandmother got me into 'fresh baked bread' for Sat,,,along with oven baked beans.....(not too consistent with the beans though) :lol: :lol: :lol:

so I'm off....

hope you enjoy our coffee house Ella,,,,,come here and visit and share your stories,,,anytime....

with love to all
pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Bonjour Ma Amis, we went to Lac Chalain today where intelligent man made round mud huts in swamps, so's to keep the Neanderthals and other enemies away, well history was almost repeated with a family of 5 lunatics visiting the lake. It was a warm day and the girls HAD to have aswim which not just amazed but alarmed some of the locals, tourists, walker;s and other visitors. The fishermen, however, laughed so loudly, it made Mathilda hesitate diving into the deep end!

Nowhere was open, and Thalia and Mathi needed a wee-wee! So, they held on till we got the tourist bit and ran to the loo's, only to find they had freaking great fences in the way of the loo's, showers, basins etc! BUT...there was a gap large enough for a child to crawl underneath. So they had a slash in the bidet and I couldn't fit underneathe, so almost took a leak behind the shower sheds, but a group of people came a wandering down the lane and I realised in order for me to relieve myself, I would have to have a swim in the freaking LAKE!!!!
I ended up having wee-wee 2 hours later in a farmer's field!

I bet you've all done it too???? COME ON!!! Don't give me that cra*!! You know what it's like????? :lol:

Petra XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Pet,
That's really funny. Over here going to the loo in the bush can be hazardous with tics, snakes, spiders and flies. Glad you enjoyed yourself, hey, I thought my family were the only lunatics......
love lilly xxxx :lol:
ella
Busy Bee

Post by ella »

What an interesting thread! It's like a big, communal blog. :D
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Oh There you are Ella!! I was wondering about You!!

Hello and how the heck are you?? You love dogs then? Mines a sheepdog! (more like a loony toon eejit of a dog, but we love him!!)

Sorry I didn't see you earlier...I am such a Clutzs! :evil: No, I'm an beep-beep!
ॐ LOVE Petra
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

(By the by...I never wrote 'dupah!' I said beep-beep! But the admins must administrate!! ) :lol:
ॐ LOVE Petra
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Well , imagine my surprise,,,

I get a notice saying there's a msg on the Secret...

so I click on it,,,,and I get This topic no longer exists....

best I be contacting Geoff after his birthday.....

he's got a glitch,,,somewhere,,,,some kind of gremlins....

I mean I've seen topics be deleted before,,,,

but oour "Secret" !!!!!! hardly thought so....

and of course it isn't.....

Whew!!!!! most glad we're still all here....

love to all.
pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

But if I go back to an old notice of a secret post,,

it comes up....

there was another one doing it too...

I tell ya,,,,these computers are finicky things....

loves to all

pp
Daily Affirmation:
ella
Busy Bee

Post by ella »

Petra, what kind of sheepdog? I had to shave an Old English Sheepdog a couple weeks ago because it was pelted. The poor thing.

I'm home early today! I was supposed to groom a standard poodle for someone today and she cancelled on me, so I took my own standard poodle in because she was in need of grooming, so it worked out. It takes me 4 and a half hours to groom her. It would have taken at least as long on the other lady's dog because she also wanted it all hand-scissored but she said her dog is crazy, lol.

Anyway, I figured I'd stop in here and read some more posts since I have the rest of the day off. My dog, Alice, is sitting here looking and smelling all beautiful. :)

I have this thing with mirrors. Alice's registered name is "Laura's Looking Glass Lady" but I call her Alice. It is from Alice in Wonderland (Through the Looking Glass.) I also collect antique mirrors - mostly ones with crackled backing on them where the silver part is worn out. I think they are so pretty. I have some strange ideas about mirrors too though. I think they can explain the universe. Not that I'm going to go into it because you probably would all think I'm nuts, lol.

Am I babbling? :lol: