Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

When I loved myself enough

Post by Geoff »

Kim McMillen ISBN 0-283-07337-3

A stunning book. Get the hard copy, parchment style. This book has basically a short sentence a page. Like:
When I loved myself enough I gave up perfectionism - that killer of joy.
When I loved myself enough I quit having to be right which makes being wrong meaningless.
When I loved myself enough I redefined success and life became simple. Oh, the pleasure of that.
When I loved myself enough I stopped blaming myself for choices I had made - which made me feel safe and I took responsibility for them.
When I loved myself enough I began leaving whatever wasn't healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits - anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.
When I loved myself enough I stopped fearing empty time and quit making plans. Now I do what feels right and am in step with my own rhythms. Delicious.
Kate found this book in a tiny spiritual bookstore in the middle/north of England (the town with a crooked church spire) I read it to her in the car, as we drove back South. As I got to the "about the author", right at the end, and read that she had passed over, this incredible spirit presence joined us. I had tears streaming down my cheeks, from all the love. I could not believe Kate could not sense her presence. For sure, Kim paid us a visit to say thank you. A strong lady!

We have been told that if you can't love yourself, God cannot manifest His Love in your soul either. As His Love is needed to grow our souls, this is the most serious problem any mortal or spirit can have. This is a great book of affirmations and thoughts if you need to work through that process.
Last edited by Geoff on Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Gai
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Gai »

A Great share of Love, Geoff! Thank you!

peace...
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

wow.. i just got such a dose of deja vu
my mother had this book
Helen W
Busy Bee

Re: When I loved myself enough

Post by Helen W »

Geoff wrote: Kate found this book in a tiny spiritual bookstore in the middle/north of England (the town with a crooked church spire) I read it to her in the car, as we drove back South. As I got to the "about the author", right at the end, and read that she had passed over, this incredible spirit presence joined us. I had tears streaming down my cheeks, from all the love. I could not believe Kate could not sense her presence. For sure, Kim paid us a visit to say thank you. A strong lady!

We have been told that if you can't love yourself, God cannot manifest His Love in your soul either. As His Love is needed to grow our souls, this is the most serious problem any mortal or spirit can have. This is a great book of affirmations and thoughts if you need to work through that process.
What a beautiful story, thanks Geoff.

Chesterfield's where you're talking about. Its not far from where I live, on the edge of the Peak District... I'll have to check out the bookshop!

Much love
Helen
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

I just ordered this book off of Amazon.com - it seemed fitting!

With Much Love,
Pennysense

It also seems like a book that can help many during this day & age. I truly think that this is the biggest problem with our society - we just can't seem to love ourselves or feel that we are worthy of love. I'm guilty of this way to often. Sigh!
On my spiritual path...
stones
Busy Bee

Post by stones »

Thank You Geoff. That sounds like a book very worth it's purchase.

God bless
To Love God, Listen for God in the Moment.
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Okay! This book is a wonderful little hard cover with just a saying on each page, actually looking like someone hand wrote them. Its worth having & pondering on each saying. It does the body good!

With Much Love,
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...