purple vs violet

This is a forum for those who want to share the Akashic Construct, and their experiences of it. The AC is a structured meditation designed specifically to enable contact with celestials, and also humans for the purposes of teaching or healing.
joycie_mw
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

purple vs violet

Post by joycie_mw »

surley this has been asked and answered already elsewhere on the forum but i couldnt find it:

ok, so i'm a leaf floating on thru the rainbow (in track 3)...but i sure have a hard time visualizing floating thru purple and violet cuz i dont know the difference! is purple closer to magenta and violet closer to indigo? or the other way 'round?

funny, i oughta know this.. i used to be an art major before i switched to anthropology.

love to all!!

joycieeeee
Colin
New Friend

Post by Colin »

Be an angel to someone else whenever you can, as a way of thanking God for the help your angel has given you. - Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
spiritualgal
New Friend

Post by spiritualgal »

blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Good morning Joycie :sunny:

I'm sure you have found your answer by now, I was going to guess that violet was closer to magenta and purple is darker. :?: That's how I picture it in my mind anyway...

I was an A+ art student, a few years ago and I am diggin' waaaay back in the 'ol memory files.. :lol:

We have a few things in common :D I adored my anthropolgy class....A+ there too :wink:

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

P.S.

I love floating through the rainbow ! That's a sure thing technique for me :D

George hit 'er on the nose with that one :wink:

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
joycie_mw
Busy Bee

Post by joycie_mw »

Hello Anne!

According to the links, i have found that purple is the one closer to magenta with violet having more blue tones. i just wanted to be sure so i could be floating thru the "most spiritual of colors" last, as it should be. i love floating thru the rainbow, too!! i love color. even though i am 31 now, i still sit down and just color when i have free time, whether it be mandalas or these really cute little books called "elf-helf". coloring makes me happy and peaceful. if i could find a career that mixed art with anthro for when my daughter is ready for school and i go to work, i'd be all set! i was thinking teaching children about different cultures of the world by teaching about their art, dance, food, etc. Of course then i would have to start my own business...maybe someday.

thats awesome that we have the some of the same interests. maybe more!

so, are you a feather or a leaf? i'm a leaf.

love,
joyce
:loves
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

:oops: Oops, I had it backwards.... :lol:

I'm a feather, actually I'm riding on the feather, laying on it comfortably like I would on a comfy soft bed :wink: Reaching out and touching the colors is nice but when I breath them in, woohoo that's what really "puts me under" :D
i was thinking teaching children about different cultures of the world by teaching about their art, dance, food, etc. Of course then i would have to start my own business...maybe someday.
That sounds like such a one-derful plan sis, I think you would make a great teacher :D I sure hope that my daughter will be lucky enough one day to have a teacher like you :wink:

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
joycie_mw
Busy Bee

Post by joycie_mw »

thanks so much, anne!! i guess i will need my teaching degree first, my degree is in anthro.....all in time, i suppose....

by the way, great idea about floating On a feather... probably easier to viualize than to visualize actually being a feather/leaf.

happy friday!

luv,
joycie