Is Reincarnation an Illusion?

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Is Reincarnation an Illusion?

Post by Geoff »

There is no doubt that folks that believe in reincarnation while here on earth, will continue for a considerable period to still believe in that. I found one fellow who I think had been dead 10,000 years and still believed but was frustrated because not only had he not returned, but now he saw he did not want to.

I have tried to describe all the issues in a book "Is reincarnation an illusion?" which awaits publication. The pdf has been withdrawn at this stage.

There are many things that are hard to explain, and appear as "proof" of reincarnation. And when you add to that the ability to create your own reality in the next realm, it does not surprise me that a fellow in the mansion worlds would continue to believe in reincarnation.

This book is now in print at Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/geoff_cutler

and available as an e-book at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Is-Reincarnation- ... B005FAOXRQ

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Veronique
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Veronique »

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply. I also read your book Is reincarnation an Illusion? a few months ago; that was quite a compilation of information supporting why reincarnation can't be... which proved another point to me, that of how our perception of something becomes reality when we have the correct information supporting it. I had written a paper in college on life after death supporting the possibility of reincarnation and I admit that I did find quite a bit of info in support of it and not so much against it, and for the life of me, after I read your book I asked myself why hadn't I come across 'anything' to support the opposite (that there is no reincarnation - not in the way I had believed anyway).

I concluded that I must have found some stuff but being convinced at the time that R was a fact, I only 'saw' info that supported it and quite effectively dismissed the info that didn't as either 'rubbish' or misinformed or inaccurate info. So I guess that alone does prove that our thoughts and beliefs become our reality and keeps us there whether on Urantia or in the Mansion World, and only by the Grace of God does it at some point change.

I guess I am babbling, sorry. I must be going through some change - being taught something 'new' - I keep coming across articles and books that show me how thoughts are things, how they can and do affect our reality, and how our perception of things dictates the 'truth' or right and wrongs in our own life (living or dead). Thanks for listening and answering my question.

Love and hugs,
Véronique
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Veronique,
I must be going through some change - being taught something 'new' - I keep coming across articles and books that show me how thoughts are things, how they can and do affect our reality, and how our perception of things dictates the 'truth' or right and wrongs in our own life (living or dead). Thanks for listening and answering my question.
Aint that the truth.

love,
Geoff.
peacockplume

Is reincarnation an illusion

Post by peacockplume »

Dear Geoff,
I am presently about 1/3 way through this pdf, and anticipating many more welcome surprises. It has made me realize how gullible I/we can all be through our growing years, indoctrinated with one belief and another and sometimes not even questioning it. Just that's the way it is, until of course we really start on our own explorations, no matter what age. I confess to being a bit envious at those who "wake up" much earlier in their lives, but guess the adage, better late than never, must apply in my case....and I'm truly grateful for that....I always believed in reincarnation, but only on the premise that I didn't think that this life was all that is....so what else was there....I always knew I was more than this mortal body.....but what else was there, except the repeating go around...and maybe getting to Heaven some day...

I wish books as these were part of our upbringing,,,part of the ciricullum, why keep us in the dark, especially if we don't have to come back....well i guess that was all about control over religion, over humans, don't let them know too much.....yet now it seems it's necessary,

I shudder to think about leaving this earth and remaining the same, for anyone.....let alone getting stuck on the earth plane or in someon elses aura...

Times are a changin, the information is becoming much wider spread, like the Universal Laws becoming part of the norm.....time for humanity in general to wake up....

reflecting on Veronique's
Quote:
I must be going through some change - being taught something 'new' - I keep coming across articles and books that show me how thoughts are things, how they can and do affect our reality, and how our perception of things dictates the 'truth' or right and wrongs in our own life (living or dead). Thanks for listening and answering my question.

When we really reflect on our thoughts, and see how they can become manifest, the Law of attraction applies,,,for what we think, we are....

what really is illusion,,,,,when looked at from Spirit, we are the illusion, I'm beginning to think, if it's an illusion, then it's created from another sphere, and not this 3rd dimensional one, so then why did we create it, by some it's called The Game, and we entered it willingly.....good grief, no wonder some Spirit have no inclination to come down...

I have this picture in my mind of Soul seed being blown down to the planet, OK, lets see how this batch does, some make it some don't, wasn't this supposed to be the Garden of Eden.....something went wrong,,,sorry I didn't mean to be disrespectful...

must have been that Lucifer thing.

Then, now there's this huge "ascension" being awakened into everyones, mind, quick, quick, be quick, or the planet will be blown up because it's evolving too. Everybody start thinking love and peace. all the cosmic rays that are penetrating the earth is changing our dna and soon we'll be "light bodies",,,,,yes, when this mortal one drops, we are light bodies alright.....

We keep getting told by Spirit, TA's Midwayers, and if we listen close enough, God itself, that we are more, there is more, and that's what keeps us going through it all....it's the total experience for further evolution and eventual return the the Paridise world, the Father's Mansions....

when I was young, I thought that when we died, and joined back with the Creator, that it was all nothingness, and that's what scared me, who wants nothingness, so we fight to live and find immortality on earth in any means......

Like I said..."better late than never""

good thing I only got through 1/3 of the pdf :oops: ,,,

well, where else can I speak like this.....

I thank everyone

pp
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear pp,
well, where else can I speak like this.....
Indeed. Its a great book. You will enjoy it. I think it better than most illustrates that the illusion can be completely controlling, if you dont wise up.

love,
Geoff.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Yes, thank you geoff....

It's quite amazing the "illusion", and this book is really reminding me to look more within for true reality,

I have just spent the last 1/2 hrs reading to a friend (who doesn't have a computer) nice eye opener.....

thank you again
pp
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Dear Geoff,

Well, I am now on page 48, and feel I must stop to address a couple of ideas????

As I’ve been reading the last 10 pages, I have been thinking of all the people I know, in the spiritual field so to speak, psychics, mediums, people who do soul retrieval???? And past lives???? And now I seem to be viewing their efforts rather dubiously…..that is if I take most of what is in your document….for true, and mind I have to admit, that a huge amount of it rings absolutely true.

You have a distinct way of showing two sides, and in the end, well, I’m siding with you…I don’t find what you’re saying far fetched or unreal at all…..

But I just got to a point, where I had to stop to tell you about something I had read, I’m sure you’ve probably read it, and although it’s supposed to be a novel, I think it was only written under the guise of a novel….it was Soloman’s Seal (it was a long time ago, I hope I got the name right,,, however it was something in it that I remembered…in reference to “Sleeping survivors”

If you’ve never read Solomon’s Seal, it was a journey a young Jewish man had to take, and he ended up finding the Seals (long story), one of the places he had to go was down the Well of Souls, and as he traversed there, he passed all these cocoon shaped “things”thousands of them…..when he asked his guide what they were,,,he was told that they were all the souls who were being punished by not being able to advance until a certain time had passed, each one according to the wrong doings of his lifetime, and the time limit was only known and decided by God…

Now I have just read to page 51, and what similarities there are, not only to the Jewish story, but also to the teaching of the Catholics,….. that of purgatory……

So it almost seems that the thread of truth, can still be woven through….what….different mortal minds????different teachings, I think you mentioned somewhere, about depending on who’s writing it what flavour it has….
And not to mention the very last paragraph on page, actually, the last sentence…it’s a dilly….

“if we are meant to learn on earth, then there is no point to the concept of sleeping survivors’,,,,,,,

what happens when, such as those, who refused to learn…..surely there’s a line drawn in the sands of time,,,,and God would say, ok, enough’s enough…..leave those good souls alone and go to sleep for awhile, like sending a bad kid to their rooms….

Well, I think I’ll drop all that in my “hold box”, it’s now past midnight for me and this has been an almost, all day excursion…..so adieu, until the next few pages are read..
pp
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear pp,
what happens when, such as those, who refused to learn…..surely there’s a line drawn in the sands of time,,,,and God would say, ok, enough’s enough…..leave those good souls alone and go to sleep for awhile, like sending a bad kid to their rooms….
What I am about to share, is my strongly held opinion. It is not generally the opinion of those who have only used the Urantia Book as a source of concepts.

As far as I can see, that is exactly the situation and perhaps purpose of the Mansion Worlds. However there is no point to having permanently sleeping souls. We have not really been told why they sleep, but I assume that it is to better organise the education of the really hard cases. IE bulk handling. Perhaps they are also segregated initially, after awakening. We are told that sleeping survivors are woken every 1000 years. (Aside: Apparently there are these days very few sleeping survivors)

You cannot exit the Mansion Worlds except by fusion with your Thought Adjuster. Those folks with no interest in that (perfect example Buddha) will never go beyond the sixth Sphere.

The Padgett Messages keep on saying "the heavens will close". I can only understand that one person at a time. In other words, the Thought Adjuster should be given another opportunity to find a more willing human, after a certain time has elapsed, and his charge is still disinterested. However, the other side says that the TA, being God, also KNOWS that a certain charge will, or will not take the path of fusion. So maybe its easy.

However the Padgett Messages do not indicate that those who stay in the Mansion Worlds will be deprived of eternal life. They just say they don't know their eternal future. But it makes complete sense to me that God cannot release into his greater Kingdom any entities who have not absolutely committed to do His Will. Which is the only way you get to fuse with your TA. We may have free will, but that does not mean we are free to mess up the universe.

love,
Geoff.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hi Geoff, i just wanted to ask a question or two....

What is the difference between a "Sleeping soul" and a soul bound for hell...? Im confused...

Also, you were saying that the Heavens will close, does that mean that our universes will one day be destroyed...? I didnt know the Ubook and Padgetts talked of the "End of times" does it...?

Thanks for your time, and take your time too.... :)

Love Sarah
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear sarah,
nasra1996 wrote:What is the difference between a "Sleeping soul" and a soul bound for hell...? Im confused...
I dont like the term, bound for hell, but it seems the folks who are sleeping subjects are not necessarily bad, but merely absolutely sure that God does not exist, and that there is no life after death. We are all "bound for hell" if we arrive in Mansion World one, since it is technically a dark sphere. And that is indeed where most of us go. :lol: :lol:
nasra1996 wrote:Also, you were saying that the Heavens will close, does that mean that our universes will one day be destroyed...? I didnt know the Ubook and Padgetts talked of the "End of times" does it...?

Love Sarah
Well first be clear the Ubook does not cover any sort of end times. But it does mention that a Thought Adjuster may abandon its mortal charge in the Mansion Worlds. And it also mentions you can't get out of the Mansion Worlds unless you fuse with that TA. So 1+1=2?
However Padgett does relatively often mention that the "heavens will close". It's not end times, but the statement that at some point folks will no longer be able to progress out of the Mansion Worlds. They will still be very happy there, but they can't progress in the fashion of this powerpoint. I have come to understand that it can only refer to individuals one by one, and not that on a Tuesday in year ... the heavens will close.

love,
Geoff
Claude
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Claude »

Hi Geoff and Sarah,
What is the difference between a "Sleeping soul" and a soul bound for hell...
My understanding of the UB teaching about that is that for most people there are these possibility: Our souls survive after dead, if not we can be an sleeping soul and we will be resurected at the next dispensation in mass,
there is too the posibility to fuse on earth then no sleeping of three days, because those who survive sleept for three days,
and the other category is those who will be annihilated because they have refused to survive.
What a son or a daugther of God desire and which The Father want, IS.
Thruth, Beauty and Goodness.
Claude.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Peacockplume,
I finally found the link to this book! Whew! After reading all these posts, I simply have to read the book.

Thanks!
Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Kim
No kidding, my brain is on overload,,,but i'm trying to keep track of the links to remember, where I saw, what......

I'm torn between finishing the reincarnation one, also anxious to get into the New Birth, as there were thelinks to the Padgett channels,,, and i hope i can find them again.....if not, i'll send out a plea to Geoff...

pp
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hi Geoff and all,

Thanks for taking the time to explain, and the links too, i shall take a peek, i understand now... I read your book "Getting the Hell out of here" i must have forgot about it.....Thanks Claude too... :)

I wonder though, do you think according to the Ubook and Padgetts, that earthly suffering in any form cleanses the soul and helps speed up progression in the after worlds, or does that not count, only good deeds and belief in 'oneness'...and shouldnt Buddah be a "sleeping soul" or even not exist because he does not acknowledge one God...? okay im asking questions again... :)

Love Sarah xx
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Sarah,
I wonder though, do you think according to the Ubook and Padgetts, that earthly suffering in any form cleanses the soul and helps speed up progression in the after worlds, or does that not count, only good deeds and belief in 'oneness'..
I have to answer this backwards. There is really nothing to "tell" us of any effects of suffering in this mortal life, but lots afterwards.

You will die with a specific soul condition. And that will not change immediately after death. The soul condition determines the environment in the Mansion Worlds, and the environment may be unpleasant, to a larger or lessor degree. Any "suffering" which may occur in the Mansion Worlds which would not be physical, is a result of the environment, and will continue until the soul condition changes. So the suffering has no effect on the soul, it's the other way around. The individual has to realise that THEY are responsible for their soul condition, and when they choose to change their thoughts, their soul condition will change and then their circumstances will change. You are what you think.

You can take from that that neither faith nor deeds assures you of anything. Your soul condition is what you are. Of course someone with a good soul condition will be loving, and someone who hates will not have a good soul condition. So the deeds that flow will reflect the soul condition. But we have even been told a good deed done without love has no value. Again, its all about intention.

Suffering on earth can make some folks loving, and have the opposite effect on others, again suffering is not the point, its how you respond. In general we all have a hard life here, relative to a planet in Light and Life. It does make for very faith hardened souls, and it appears we will be happy with things, afterwards. But I suspect there are also losses, in the numbers that never choose to fuse with their TA's. As far as I can see, suffering on earth has a "silver lining", and some folks build enormously strong Faith in God out of it. But I don't personally believe that the suffering itself has any value at all. I don't believe Father wants any of His children to suffer in any way at all. But he let Jesus go to the cross. Not because He wanted Jesus to suffer, but because human free will is paramount, and He also knew that the lesson that the universe of universes would gain is enormous. Even if we haven't yet learnt it here.
.and shouldnt Buddah be a "sleeping soul" or even not exist because he does not acknowledge one God...? okay im asking questions again...
Well we have no real info on who sleeps, and in any event, they get woken, at the very latest, after 1,000 years. Every 1000 years they are all permanently woken up.

Now I have no idea if Buddha did sleep after death, but he is not asleep now The Buddha is very happy There are plenty of folks in the Sixth Mansion world who have different beliefs, and even a great many buddhists who have no interest in a personal God, as also atheistic intellectuals who are also not interested. But they are all fantastically loving folk.

love,
Geoff.
Last edited by Geoff on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Peacockplume,
Since I can't rely on my memory, at all! I add these links under Favorites, then they're always handy when I want to read them.

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Alexander
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Alexander »

Hello all!

Dear Geoff,

You said that according to the UB we cannot go beyond the level of the Mansion worlds if fusion with our TA's hasn't been realized. As far as I remember, the UB says that fusion with the TA can even be delayed till you reach the final sphere of the universe headquarter's. If the candidate for Adjuster fusion has reached that level and haven't fused for unknown reasons, then he is fused with a fragment of the spirit of the local universe spirit. What the Urantia book says concerning fusion and the Mansion worlds is that it usually takes places on Mansion world number 5 or 6...

Love,
Alexander
It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona.
- UB, Paper 44, 1.The Celestial Musicians
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Alexander,

Yes I think you are right, but my concern is more with those that have no interest in fusing, and I think the ubook is silent on that. I think there has been a comment somewhere, that the Mansion worlds are adjusted to align with the state of the material world, and Light and Life planets have different Mansion Worlds, and of course many may bypass those, which does not happen here. So I never know if the ubook is talking about in general, or about us in specific. And I am not sure it talks about us in specific too often. Certainly some Team messages have stated referring to us in specific, that "rules have been changed"

love,
Geoff.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

I'm enjoying this book.

How come the deceased man doesn't recognize Heaven ? If he remembers lives incarnated shouldn't he remember it since it is our home ? He acts as though he's never been there....or am I missing something ?
I also get the impression that his soul wasn't very advanced when he died.

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Anne,

Well he was a judge, and also a respected author of some spiritual books based on eastern beliefs. But its a good point how folks all recognise past earth lives, but I dont think I have ever heard any of them remember past heaven lives.

love,
Geoff.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Good morning :sunny:

One thing this book has reminded of is never close your mind to anything because everything is possible. :wink:

Has anyone else found that reading this book has triggered memories for you ? Especially the last half of the book.....it's almost like it helped release some blocks and some very old memories of "somewhere" in my life are starting to trickle back into my consciousness. Very vague memories of back home......this is awesome.

Has she written any more of these letters or is this the only book ?

A sudden thought that just popped into mind:

If we come down here to learn and advance our souls so we can move higher into the Mansion worlds, how can we keep advancing our souls more without reincarnation ?

Love, Light & hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Anne,
If we come down here to learn and advance our souls so we can move higher into the Mansion worlds, how can we keep advancing our souls more without reincarnation ?
More to the point, if my mother managed to pass out of the Mansion worlds within ten years after her death, why did she not need to reincarnate? And if you can progress though that many spheres in so short a time, clearly reincarnation is not going to be efficient. Here is another person who did the same: Progressing and reaching Gold!

I happen to know that my father was enormously impressed with the progression my mother achieved. So it's not like "well she must have been advanced at the start", she wasn't. And, if you can progress in the Mansion Worlds, what use is reincarnation? And, where are all those advanced souls full of love down here, as evidence of this process in action?

Neither George nor I believe in reincarnation. I love this book, but not for the beliefs of the spirit doing the communication.

I believe there were other letters too that were published..

love,
Geoff.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Geoff wrote:
And, if you can progress in the Mansion Worlds
Ok, I didn't realize we can progress in the Mansion Worlds. I guess my outlook on reincarnation nowadays is that "if it happens it happens if not oh well".

Mercy....I sure hope we get one heck of an advancement after this world :?

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Is Reincarnation an Illusion?

Post by Geoff »

Just split this thread off and updated this thread with the location of the book I have published. If anyone actually reads this book, in either form, I would appreciate them doing a "feedback" on either or both sites.

love,
Geoff
11light11
Family

Re: Is Reincarnation an Illusion?

Post by 11light11 »

Hello everyone,

Here's me, once again reviving an old thread! :roll: LOL.

This idea keeps coming up -- for instance, through reading George's book, "The Search for 11:11" -- that it is just a human idea, that there is such a thing as reincarnation.

It boggles my mind a little to hear that from what the Midwayers share, they've never seen a case of a reincarnated soul in 30,000 years.

What I wonder is -- even if we forget the many psychics and mediums who discuss reincarnation or past lives -- what about the old eastern traditions? There are so many folks, whom you can read about, who never had any 'religion,' who only sought inner silence through arduous meditation over many, many years. These folks speak openly about the exploration of their many past lives . . .

What are they 'remembering'?!

I think of Osho in particular, if anyone is familiar with him? He was born in India, and was whisked away to be raised by his grandparents, as his folks had too many kids to deal with. The grandparents gave him complete freedom. As a 3-year-old, he sat at the lake on the outskirts of their property, and meditated all day long. :shock: It's like he was born spiritually advanced. According to his account, he chose not to speak at all, and they did not force him to speak, or interact, or attend school, they left him to make his own choices. He continued on in this manner, choosing inner silence and meditation. Eventually he did attend school but kept very much to his own ideas.

By his late-teens or early twenties he had attained to enlightenment, and he spent the next several decades at various ashrams, with students of meditation, speaking of his experiences and assisting others in finding inner silence through unusual methods. He understood people's sense that "I can't silence my mind," so, for instance, he came up with a method where people shake around furiously -- not dancing exactly, just moving -- and using this to 'shake themselves' into an experience (kind of like the whirling dervishes).

Anyway, he often talked about the "eighty-four thousand doors opening" as one attained to the state of pure inner silence, and also spoke about the flooding-in of many past life memories.

What had he truly experienced? It strikes me as a puzzle that someone so in tune as he, was so sorely misled as to what he'd actually experienced. Is he more just describing a tapping-in of the universal unconscious in general -- and the memories he takes as 'his,' from his 'past lives,' are in fact simply 'remembering' what it is to be a part of the whole -- in other words, 'remembering' the lives others lived?

Any thoughts, you guys?

Peace! ! ! ! :kiss: :sunflower: :loves With love, Michele