Sean
New Friend

Post by Sean »

she looked at it, stared at me and said "wouldn't you rather have perfume?"

i said "hmm.. NO"

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love
Sean

P.S. I found over the years, that as I became more spiritual, I found I had an aversion to wearing cologne.
Bill and Ted say it best:
"Be excellent to each other, and PARTY ON DUDES!"
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

in typical female form, my obsessions tend to be perfume and shoes.

but some of those books are probably long out of print, and as i don't own a credit card (recipe for disaster), i don't have the opportunity to buy them online. this is why i stuck them on my xmas list for my mum :D

i would be SO thrilled to get the urantia book on christmas morning, and really emphasized it. :lol:
i think my mum had planned to give me a gift voucher for something girly, and i have puzzled her with my list of books with "strange" titles.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Star,

You can get the Allan Kardec books and the Urantia book, they are in print. 30 Years among the dead can only be had from out of date book shops, as second hand. I just looked a copy up, the cheapest was US$29 shipped to Aus. Some copies were a lot more expensive. Its a hassle.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Judy11
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Judy11 »

Dear Star Struck,

Amazon sells The Urantia Book on line for less then $14:00 USD, the cheapest anywhere. The shipping comes on top of that of course.

You are going to be thrilled to bits, to find answers to your questions. There are different sections on the Midwayers too. Paper 37, 77, and 114 have great readings about them. Of course the whole life of Jesus is a fascinating read. My mind was boggled by the Lucifer rebellion and the Adam and Eve story, and of course the Birth of Jesus, which happened on the 21st of August at 12 noon. Fancy that. We (our Urantia Book Study Group) always have a pot-luck Jesus Birthday Party with a commemoration of the Last supper. Very moving.

Our study group has been going strong since its inception in the Fall of 1978.
Happy reading, once you get the BOOK.

Hugz from the beaver
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hi Star,

She goes....

"No Mum! I have this natural good smell about me anyway, now... GIVE ME THE BOOK!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugs...
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi beaver,

you said:
...Our study group has been going strong since its inception in the Fall of 1978...
All I can say is, WOW :D . I have yet to even meet someone (face-to-face) who reads the UB. Being part of a study group must be a wonderful experience. Maybe when I return to the U.S.A. there will be better opportunities to meet fellow UB'ers and eventually find a study group.

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Daddy-O writes:
Maybe when I return to the U.S.A. there will be better opportunities to meet fellow UB'ers and eventually find a study group.
If you let us know what town you're settling in, and there is a UB study group, we'll either know them, or know the folks who know them.

God bless...
George.
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Thanks George :D .

It will be approximately 5 more years until I know where we'll be settling; this is when my military service is complete.

I really don't have any strong family roots back in America; therefore, I have a feeling we will eventually settle in Brisbane (where my wife is from). Isn't that right down the road from ya? :D

love,
Daddy - O
Patto
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Patto »

It is around 700 Clicks North from where George is ;)

Don't worry, planes booked in advance are cheap :D

-Pat
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hi Daddy-O,

I like Brisbane, loved my stay there, and left some special friends. It's sub-tropical. Easy-going people.

God bless...
George.
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi George,

I hear it's a great place; although, I still haven't been there. We're looking at flying there next year (vacation).
Definitely looking forward to it; it'll be a nice break.

love,
Daddy - O
Judy11
Old Friend

Post by Judy11 »

Dear Siblings on the Path

I confess, that I have read the Urantia book since 1973, yes I know, that dates me a bit but never you mind that.
The U.B has cleared soo very many cobwebs like superstitions and wrong beliefs out of my head, it is just incredible. I was at my wits end when 'IT' walked into my life and has been my steady companion ever since. It has made a huge difference in my life, to get all the questions answered which kept my mind busy and then some.
Now we have 'landed' in the Correcting Time on the planet, the Book makes even more sense. For one thing, it keeps me sane and helps me to keep the faith as it has shown me that all answers lie within, if we are willing and taking the time to listen to the Spark of God, our unfailing Guide within.

I salute all your Guides within you all.

With loving thoughts from
the beaver
NALA
New Friend

Post by NALA »

beaver wrote:The U.B has cleared soo very many cobwebs like superstitions and wrong beliefs out of my head, it is just incredible. I was at my wits end when 'IT' walked into my life and has been my steady companion ever since. It has made a huge difference in my life, to get all the questions answered which kept my mind busy and then some.
Now we have 'landed' in the Correcting Time on the planet, the Book makes even more sense. For one thing, it keeps me sane and helps me to keep the faith as it has shown me that all answers lie within, if we are willing and taking the time to listen to the Spark of God, our unfailing Guide within.
Yes! What the book first did for me was to resolve the conflict between science and religion, combining creation and evolution. It also gave me some identities for those voices I'd been hearing in my head. Then, as I read on I learned the power of genuine heartfelt prayer, and I was on my Way.

...and, ~*Star_Struck*~, to keep you reading until Christmas, don't forget the entire text of the U Book is online. http://www.urantiabook.org/newbook/
Kathy
_________
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
---Carl Gustav Jung---
Judy11
Old Friend

Post by Judy11 »

Dear Siblings on the path,

Just a little aside, in case we have some Dutch lurkers on the list.
The Urantia Book is also in complete Dutch Llanguage on the website. The URL is www_urantiabijbel_nl

Great 'stuff' and wonderful language.

Wow, we are truly Blessed with all this information coming our way, and what a benevolent universe we live in.

Loving thoughts to all from
the beaver
Earth Angel
Busy Bee

Post by Earth Angel »

Dearest Nala and everyone.
I won the UBook from the quiz that we had here and since I already had one, I had Geoff mail it to Star. She was so delighted!!! My best gift to anyone!

Love and hugs,
Barb
Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Earth Angel wrote:Dearest Nala and everyone.
I won the UBook from the quiz that we had here and since I already had one, I had Geoff mail it to Star. She was so delighted!!! My best gift to anyone!

Love and hugs,
Barb
You are an earth angel! What a beautiful thing to do. I love hearing things like this. You've made my day Earthangel XXX Petra
Earth Angel
Busy Bee

Post by Earth Angel »

Thank you Petra!

Love and hugs,
Barb
Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.
NALA
New Friend

Post by NALA »

Barb,

That's a wonderful gift. I can't think of anything that would be better to give to someone who is willing to read it. Four Urantia Books have passed through my hands since I read the first one. It would have been many more if I had more money. Someone would want to "borrow" it, and then I'd replace it for myself after I'd gone without one for longer than I was comfortable. A couple of times, I ran into the borrowers and they apologized for keeping it so long, offering to return the book. I told them to finish reading it and then pass it on. It's a treasure that grows greater by sharing.
:happy
Kathy
_________
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
---Carl Gustav Jung---
Alexander
Busy Bee

Post by Alexander »

Hello dear Earth Angel!

That was so kind of you!I am sure you made Star very happy!:happy

Love,
Alexander
It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona.
- UB, Paper 44, 1.The Celestial Musicians
Earth Angel
Busy Bee

Post by Earth Angel »

Thank you guys! I love making someones day.

I haven't seen her around for a few days so maybe she's reading it and it too much in awe of it to be here just yet. :wink:

Love and hugs,
Barb