Three ways Buddhism has shaped me as a Sri Lankan Christian — by Shanta Premawardhana

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Three ways Buddhism has shaped me as a Sri Lankan Christian — by Shanta Premawardhana

Post by Welles »

The church of my youth taught me that salvation means having arrived. My Buddhist neighbors showed me otherwise.

Growing up Christian in predominantly Buddhist Sri Lanka, I learned early that there was much to be gained from the study of Buddhism. The teachings of the Buddha sometimes challenged my assumptions about Christianity, and at other times they illuminated and clarified the words and stories of Jesus.

Here are three teachings by the Buddha that have shaped and enriched my faith:

We never arrive. We are always on the journey.
As I read this brilliant article the thought occurred to me that actual personal religion embraces spiritual truths whenever they are encountered.

https://www.christiancentury.org/blogs/ ... -christian

:loves
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Three ways Buddhism has shaped me as a Sri Lankan Christian — by Shanta Premawardhana

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles! :kiss:

You wrote:
As I read this brilliant article the thought occurred to me that actual personal religion embraces spiritual truths whenever they are encountered.
:cheers:
And with that we find the bridge providing unity and peace between all God seekers. :happy
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.