Two drops of oil — by Paulo Coelho

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

A merchant sent his son to learn the Secret of Happiness from the wisest of men. The young man wandered through the desert for forty days until he reached a beautiful castle at the top of a mountain. There lived the sage that the young man was looking for.

However, instead of finding a holy man, our hero entered a room and saw a great deal of activity; merchants coming and going, people chatting in the corners, a small orchestra playing sweet melodies, and there was a table laden with the most delectable dishes of that part of the world.

The wise man talked to everybody, and the young man had to wait for two hours until it was time for his audience.

The Sage listened attentively to the reason for the boy’s visit, but told him that at that moment he did not have the time to explain to him the Secret of Happiness.
He suggested that the young man take a stroll around his palace and come back in two hours’ time.

“However, I want to ask you a favor,” he added, handling the boy a teaspoon, in which he poured two drops of oil. “While you walk, carry this spoon and don’t let the oil spill.”

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2483

:bike:
Sandy
Staff

Re: Two drops of oil — by Paulo Coelho

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles. I've got to admit that this one escapes me, though. I guess I was feeling too empathetic to the young man's plight. If the wise man wanted the young man to enjoy the beauties in his palace he should have put the drops of oil in a no spill container. ;) :lol:
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Re: Two drops of oil — by Paulo Coelho

Post by Welles »

Sandy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 am If the wise man wanted the young man to enjoy the beauties in his palace he should have put the drops of oil in a no spill container. ;) :lol:
:D :hithere