Fools & Dreamers: Regenerating a Native Forest — by Happen Films

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Fools & Dreamers: Regenerating a Native Forest — by Happen Films

Post by Welles »

Fools & Dreamers: Regenerating a Native Forest is a 30-minute documentary telling the story of Hinewai Nature Reserve, on New Zealand’s Banks Peninsula, and its kaitiaki/manager of 30 years, botanist Hugh Wilson. When, in 1987, Hugh let the local community know of his plans to allow the introduced ‘weed’ gorse to grow as a nurse canopy to regenerate farmland into native forest, people were not only skeptical but outright angry – the plan was the sort to be expected only of “fools and dreamers”.

Now considered a hero locally and across the country, Hugh oversees 1500 hectares resplendent in native forest, where birds and other wildlife are abundant and 47 known waterfalls are in permanent flow. He has proven without doubt that nature knows best – and that he is no fool.
Fools & Dreamers: Regenerating a Native Forest (Full Documentary) — by Happen Films

https://vimeo.com/350528205

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Fools & Dreamers: Regenerating a Native Forest — by Happen Films

Post by Sandy »

Oh my, that is something special. Isn't it a beautiful place? I had this desire to cool my feet in one of those rushing creeks... that is until I saw the slithery eels. :shock: There is so much to be said for beautiful natural places and the effect they have on calming our psyche. :happy
Who knows...when we heal the wounds we've created in our quest for dominance and live in balance we may very well heal ourselves in the process.

Thank you Welles!
:loves
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.