the breath

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

the breath

Post by happyrain »

this is a continuation of our conversation from the last full moon thread. i was feeling called to practice tonight. to concentrate on the breath and slowing down. such a rewarding experience.
kim, you inspired this and being brought back to gurunath i found myself reaching out to him spiritually. i wonder if he might be able to elaborate on the subtler realities of the breath and the dying process. lynn, mrs. plume, you went into this a little when explaining the guided meditation. sandy, i hope you don't mind me steering our conversation over here. i wonder if between the two of them they were able to answer your question on colour/breath healing? i am including you all here because of our team effort and with tonights practice i tried to acknowledge each of you... though the majority of my practice was spent returning the wandering mind to the heart and experiencing calm, drawn out inhalations, exhalations and sufficient pause between each.

when i slow down and concentrate on the breath i feel like i am really given that window of opportunity to exist outside myself. i've described it as a gentle massage on my consciousness. gurunath has described a similar experience, like a sugar cube melting in tea.

i wanted to add, pp, that your 444 time prompt seemed related to and hint to something with the breath and our group meditations.
maybe?
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: the breath

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,
I certainly do not mind you beginning a new thread concerning breath... something so very important. :)
I have to admit, I haven't been as schooled in "the Breath" as many of you who have followed specific disciplines... so I am thrilled to have been reminded and encouraged to investigate the benefits of breathing.
"Slow down and breath"...everything else will still be there afterwards." LOL That is what I am telling myself. ;) :roll: :) I am already reaping some benefits too. Long story that I would rather not discuss publicly...but "the Calvary" rode in this morning on my breath in regards to a "stickie" issue that has arisen. LOL

:hithere
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi again,
I've taken the liberty to move over some of the breath stuff, via a few quotes) from "The Last Meditation In December" thread.
Here goes... Please add if I have missed any. thanks

PP wrote:
so breathing,,,right,,,,when I do chakra clearing I use colour with each breath to each chakra...to clear balance and align...and it goes well with toning also.

I have a chakra clearing cd with Judy or Judith Anodea,,,sorry if I spelled her name wrong,,,can't find it on my lists,,but it's an awesome one also....
( Sandy: "PP, I've looked Judith Anodea up on Youtube and there are a wealth of chakra videos we can use and enjoy. :D Hope you don't mind I add a huge URL to your post. xx)
https://au.video.search.yahoo.com/searc ... 1583027855

oh! finally,,,my 3d break almost made me forget this... but I have a breathing healing technique you might like to try.

This is from Quantum Touch (Richard Gordon)

On an inbreath we run energy from the bottom of our feet, (or deeper) up through our feet, legs,,,joins at root,,,keep bringing it up through our body,,,up to and out the crown.....

then on an out breath.......imagine this energy cascading down over your head, like a fountain...
down to your shoulders,,,then down each arm to your hands.....

run the energy like this till you can really feel the tingle from your feet to your hands,,nice slow breaths...

If you can't feel the energy,,,heres a little exercise to do..

. take off your socks and shoes, and if you are wearing long pants, roll them up to your knees. then sit in a chair and bend over so you can reach from your toes to your knees.

Touch your skin so lightly with your finger tips that it feels like you are brushing your toes to knees with a feather,,

get used to that feeling,,,,next thing you know you will have that sensation as you breath in and all the way up!!

say your knee hurts (this is an easy area to practise on yourself)

once you feel the energy running,,,put both hands on either side of your knee,,,about 1/2 inch away from your skin...
then start running the energy from your feet, to hands and knee...

if you want to try it on another person,,,just put your hands on either side of where it hurts...(like a neck!!!) :mrgreen:
Eric posted the amazing Golden Lotus ....
Kim shared the much helpful ....
Colour Breathing
Anyway, soon after I learned about color breathing. ..

Visualize a cloud of color, corresponding with the color of the chakra you're having a problem with.

Sore throat- blue, stomach upset-yellow, etc.

Then breath in, drawing some of that cloud deeply into your lungs. Hold that breath in, imagining the color moving through your body touching every part of your insides, from head to toe.

Then imagine pushing it out through your cells, filling your energetic field.

Do this at least ten times(maybe 11 times!) breathing in all the cloud.

I found it very healing.
Sandy Shared the Divine Love Meditation

Divine Light Invocation
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2413
http://satyalife.net/articles/the-divin ... nda-radha/
Honestly anyone can post either place regarding breath practices. Going with the thread flow and where it leads is all part of the progress of "things"on a message board. ;) :D :hithere

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Thanks for opening a Breathing Thread Eric,,,

I think we can get our breathing posts moved from our group meditation thread to this one,,
perhaps Sandy??? ok,,,,how did I miss they were already moved???

i would like to see the meditation thread focusing on our meditations,,,

good idea Eric...

till tomorrow!!!

mrs plume :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Thanks for the link to Judith Anodea, Sandy
:kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Morning :sunny:
Actually it is nearly bedtime here but you all will probably be up in a little while up there.

PP wrote:
i would like to see the meditation thread focusing on our meditations,,,
:lol: sorry but You've seen the Secret thread and how it stuck to the subject of the Secret. LOL Oh well it is what it is.
Still, anything can happen... ;) :D

Have a great Sunday. Eric, if you have to work I hope it is a peaceful, productive, smile on your face all day kind of day.

:sunny:
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

thank you sandy.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

:hithere
It's exciting seeing The Breath cycling around again. Going on YouTube, it's easy to fall down the rabbit hole looking for presentations on The breath.
Such an important aspect of living and lifting our spirit! Thanks for starting this thread Eric, and moving info to it's own thread Sandy! Interesting there's so many different way to experience our breath. Basically they're all saying about the same thing.

Ah, paused to take a beautiful breath upon the Golden Lotus. :happy :loves

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Just a little smile this morning before group meditation in a bit.... I was sitting out in my yard this morning..sort of communing with nature. I say "sort of" because nature seems to want to commune with me which is great but makes meditation at least formally impossible outside at times. Yet it does have so many benefits regardless...and something happened this morning reminding me of something PP spoke of on the Secret thread.

Remember you talking about the lovely plate with the dragon fly on it that says the word "breathe" on it? Well I was getting a little agitated as to where my thoughts had drifted and then I saw a huge dragonfly flying here and there all over the back yard. (wouldn't have wanted to be a little flying bug at that time), I have only seen a Dragon Fly a couple times in the 15 years I have been living in this country. Anyway, he or she reminded me of your little plate and the so important word. So I did :D ...I breathed in slowly and methodically as you suggested and after about 11 times I was at peace again. :happy 8)

It does work! ( I suspect on anything especially when done with intent.)
Thanks to all of you and the important reminder of Breath in our spiritual well being. :sunflower:

hugs,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

that is lovely
not only were you invited to breathe but you were also invited to connect.
to me your 11 breaths is a good meditation.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Eric,
to me your 11 breaths is a good meditation.
Sometimes simple and sweet is all we need, eh?

xxSandy